The Student Room Group

Child nursing offer at plymouth

Has anyone got an offer from Plymouth for child nursing? If so how long did it take them to get back to you after your interview?
Original post by LaurMitchxx
Has anyone got an offer from Plymouth for child nursing? If so how long did it take them to get back to you after your interview?

It doesn't seem like we have anyone with an offer just yet. There are others waiting here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5055594#primary_content
Original post by LaurMitchxx

Sorry for the late reply, I got an offer from Plymouth, but someone rang me about 2 hours after I left the interview to give me a place straight away because she thought I was an 'exceptional candidate'.
Reply 3
Original post by BeckyLouise_14
Sorry for the late reply, I got an offer from Plymouth, but someone rang me about 2 hours after I left the interview to give me a place straight away because she thought I was an 'exceptional candidate'.

Aww well done, good luck with your studies x
Reply 4
My interview at Plymouth isn't till the end of April!! (so I obviously havent heard anything yet)

Seems a bit late, dont you think?
When was everyone elses?
Original post by maria.3
My interview at Plymouth isn't till the end of April!! (so I obviously havent heard anything yet)

Seems a bit late, dont you think?
When was everyone elses?

Sorry, i've only just seen this, and mine was on the 29th January, and it is quite late. I have only seen one other person who has had an offer for child nursing at the moment though, so I don't think they have given many offers out yet anyway.
Reply 6
Sorry, i've only just seen this, and mine was on the 29th January, and it is quite late. I have only seen one other person who has had an offer for child nursing at the moment though, so I don't think they have given many offers out yet anyway.

what was the interview process like?
Original post by maria.3
what was the interview process like?

It was quite relaxed. When we arrived they showed us a PowerPoint about the course and placement and everything like that. They then showed us a video and we had to do a written piece of it, they gave us prompts to talk about, and then we did a numeracy test. This was then followed by an interview by someone from the university and someone who is working as a nurse, so for me I had a Ward sister and a lecturer. I got the offer very quickly as well which was nice 😊
Reply 8
It was quite relaxed. When we arrived they showed us a PowerPoint about the course and placement and everything like that. They then showed us a video and we had to do a written piece of it, they gave us prompts to talk about, and then we did a numeracy test. This was then followed by an interview by someone from the university and someone who is working as a nurse, so for me I had a Ward sister and a lecturer. I got the offer very quickly as well which was nice 😊

you made that sound so nice and easy! even the numeracy test which is NOT my strong point haha

what kind of questions did they ask you in the interview?
Original post by maria.3
you made that sound so nice and easy! even the numeracy test which is NOT my strong point haha

what kind of questions did they ask you in the interview?

The numeracy test was fairly basic, but then I may of had a slight advantage because I am currently doing A level Maths, and the interview was actually based on what you wrote on the written assessment, so they asked me questions based on the prompts from that video
Reply 10
The numeracy test was fairly basic, but then I may of had a slight advantage because I am currently doing A level Maths, and the interview was actually based on what you wrote on the written assessment, so they asked me questions based on the prompts from that video

ahh okay. well it does sound okay.

thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending