The Student Room Group

Philosophy Degree

Hi guys, I want to study philosophy for my master. Which one better between cambridge, glasgow and nottingham university for studying philosophy? Thank you
Reply 1
Cambridge without doubt, but they all have generally strong phil departments, at least for the Western stuff.
Reply 2
Also - nice name!
Hello,, thanks for the answer. I know that cambridge would be the hardest uni to get into. So maybe I should choose another uni as a back up plan :biggrin: if i cant get into cambridge, which one better between glasgow and nottingham for philosophy degree? Beside that i also thinking about some other uni like st andrews and trinity college dublin :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Valiant Pramana
Hello,, thanks for the answer. I know that cambridge would be the hardest uni to get into. So maybe I should choose another uni as a back up plan :biggrin: if i cant get into cambridge, which one better between glasgow and nottingham for philosophy degree? Beside that i also thinking about some other uni like st andrews and trinity college dublin :smile:

It depends what you want from the department, really. The sort of 'basics' will be covered really well at any of those institutions (they are all very good institutions), but if you have a niche that you'd like to explore perhaps with a dissertation or with an eye on postgrad, then you need to consider specific members of staff and specific modules per institution.
Hello gjd, i dont jave specific topic that i want to research so far. I only want to learn the basic, since my undergrad is communication. Its cover 2 philosophy subject. What about gjd, which uni that you chose for your postgrad study?
Reply 6
Hello gjd, i dont jave specific topic that i want to research so far. I only want to learn the basic, since my undergrad is communication. Its cover 2 philosophy subject. What about gjd, which uni that you chose for your postgrad study?

Honestly, you will do well out of any of those departments, then.

I followed my current supervisor through from BA to PhD - wherever he goes, I go :laugh: I don't really want to give too much more away in public!
Wow you are a phd graduate, thats nice gjd
Reply 8
Wow you are a phd graduate, thats nice gjd

Not yet! Few more months to submission.
Great gjd. Good luck for your dissertation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending