The Student Room Group

most popular A level subject?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rkuda
At my college mainly Psychology lmao, but a lot of people also do English Literature (we have about 15 English teachers- it's actually insane)

yeah we have a few classes in both of those
Probably maths?
Original post by Miller_the_meme
Biology used to be a pretty big class, but about half dropped out in the first month!

My physics class has 4 students,
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 8
Maths: 9

Perks of private school xD

#VoteWPforHeadBoy
Original post by Bill Nye
Probably maths?

Seems so! almost comment in this thread says mathematics as answer. I personally liked biology most of all.
sociology - tbh i think it’s the easiest a level compared to the other subjects
Sociology.
At least that was the case for the sixth form I went to. All classes were full and there were tons of people on a waiting list hoping for someone to drop out.
In my school Maths and Physics seem to be the most popular.

Biology and Chemistry follow very closely behind though
Biology used to be a pretty big class, but about half dropped out in the first month!

Why did they drop out??
Original post by Science99999
My physics class has 4 students,
Biology: 7
Chemistry: 8
Maths: 9

Perks of private school xD

#VoteWPforHeadBoy

Thats cool, were the classes much bigger at GCSE?
My sixth form isn't private although my Biology class has 12 students, chemistry and sociology have 10.
Original post by aninozaut
sociology - tbh i think it’s the easiest a level compared to the other subjects

Yeah its definitely a much lighter subject than biology and Chemistry!
Original post by Beth286
Why did they drop out??

I don't think they realised how hard it would be! A lot of people started with 4 and that happened to be the one they enjoyed the least
I don't think they realised how hard it would be! A lot of people started with 4 and that happened to be the one they enjoyed the least

Im starting it in September ahha
Maths or geography at my college when I was there. I also took the least picked subject.
maths, bio and psychology
Original post by Beth286
Im starting it in September ahha

I'm still taking it and although there is a lot of content the topics are interesting!:smile:
It's actually biology lol xD (Second)

That will teach me to scan quickly down a list :smile:
Original post by The RAR
Maths which I hate so ****ing much

Yeah my friends who do maths all hate it, it seems to take up 99% of their time
Thats cool, were the classes much bigger at GCSE?
My sixth form isn't private although my Biology class has 12 students, chemistry and sociology have 10.

Well I only started the private school in sixthform after completing my GCSEs in an ordinary comprehensive, although from what I have seen; walking along the corridors andpast class rooms; class sizes for GCSEs are larger around 15-20
Well I only started the private school in sixthform after completing my GCSEs in an ordinary comprehensive, although from what I have seen; walking along the corridors andpast class rooms; class sizes for GCSEs are larger around 15-20

Bit different to the 35 in some of my GCSE classes! Do you prefer private to comprehensive?
What subject do you reckon is the most popular at A level?

Hey, don't you think it would be nice, if you add a poll to this thread? I would love to know how many people are voting for mathematics. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest