The Student Room Group

Can i achieve A*AA in 3 months?

So I take Product Design, Maths and Economics.

BACKGROUND INFO
Last year at AS I got:
Product Design - A
Maths - D
Physics - U

So i dropped physics and i'm doing economics in one year, attending both Y12 and Y13 lessons (luckily my timetable worked out well)
I'm also retaking all 3 maths modules again this year (C1,C2 & S1)

For GCSE's I got 4A*s and 4As

I'm trying to aim quite high this year and was wondering if it's possible to get an A*AA...
I'm struggling the most at maths then it's economics and product design is okay to me.

What do you guys think?
How much hard work should i be doing daily and is it even possible?
Reply 1
Anything is possible.
The key to doing well is practicing past papers.
Remember, its all about the exam. No good knowing content if the exam technique isnt there. Study markschemes and see what they expect in the answers, you'll find theres always some sort of pattern to guarantee you marks.
Reply 2
Original post by Najrul Islam
Anything is possible.
The key to doing well is practicing past papers.
Remember, its all about the exam. No good knowing content if the exam technique isnt there. Study markschemes and see what they expect in the answers, you'll find theres always some sort of pattern to guarantee you marks.

Do you think think of someone were to focus on doing just past papers, they can do relatively well?
Reply 3
knowing the spec is also really important
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4

yeah for economics i have the spec printed out, highlighting things i don't know and i also printed a lot of mark schemes which i plan to go through
Reply 5

do you have any tips for maths?
Original post by piamiahh
Do you think think of someone were to focus on doing just past papers, they can do relatively well?

If I were you, I would go through the content once (since you only have three months) and once you have enough knowledge to do one past paper, I would do one everyday whilst studying other content...once that is finished, I will do past paper on both content and move on to next content etc. Also if there isn't enough time in the day, don't just shoot off to sleep...do it till you can stop at a good place (not midway a topic)...I would keep building that "pyramid" of past papers...Also find tutor and do loads more independent learning....and most of all DON'T GIVE UP
Reply 7
I'd say Maths is all about practice too. Its essencially muscle memory, once you can do something in maths really well, it becomes second nature. You need to do as many questions as possible to figuire out all the tricks they can throw at you, and try to work things out systematically step by step.
Reply 8
I'd say Maths is all about practice too. Its essencially muscle memory, once you can do something in maths really well, it becomes second nature. You need to do as many questions as possible to figuire out all the tricks they can throw at you, and try to work things out systematically step by step.

Thank you! I appreciate your help :smile:

Totally agree! My dad used to teach me GCSE maths at 8 or 9 years old....and I got 9 in maths at GCSE...now I'm good with Maths in AS level. Its all about muscle memory
Yes
Reply 11
Indeed its possible ! and good luck and who in here is doing AQA a2 Law PLEASE let me know i;ve got burning question to ask

Quick Reply

Latest