The Student Room Group

Pls give me questions on these maths topics

I dont wanna be suprised by anything when i open the paper

Give me harder or easy questions that can come up on edexcel higher paper on fractions of a amount. Create one for me and I will love you

Topics:
Addition and Subtraction
Multiplication and Division
Rounding
Estimating
Powers and Square Roots
Factors, Multiples and Primes
Fractions of an Amount
Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Negative Numbers
Solutions
BIDMAS
Simplifying Algebra

GCSE 9-1 levels please

I know these are the easy topics but still

Scroll to see replies

Factorise x^2 + 2x + 1
Original post by orderofthelotus
Factorise x^2 + 2x + 1

Thank you.
Original post by Jheinexx
Thank you.

oh lol I thought you were gonna answer it and then I'd give you another one if you got it right or correct it if you got it wrong

if it's not a quick fire thing i'll just bulk post a couple
(edited 6 years ago)
9−3÷(1/3)+1
oh lol I thought you were gonna answer it and then I'd give you another one if you got it right or correct it if you got it wrong

I haven’t really revised it yet but when i do, i will answer that. Thanks though, that would’ve helped me.
Original post by Y11_Maths
9−3÷(1/3)+1

Would that rlly come up on a paper haha
Thanks ill still try to work it out

I’m on that. But i want more questions
Would that rlly come up on a paper haha
Thanks ill still try to work it out

In terms of x yes
Reply 10
I dont wanna be suprised by anything when i open the paper

Give me harder or easy questions that can come up on edexcel higher paper on fractions of a amount. Create one for me and I will love you

Topics:
Addition and Subtraction
Multiplication and Division
Rounding
Estimating
Powers and Square Roots
Factors, Multiples and Primes
Fractions of an Amount
Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
Negative Numbers
Solutions
BIDMAS
Simplifying Algebra

GCSE 9-1 levels please

I know these are the easy topics but still

Have you tried JustMaths questions. I made a topic checklist with links to mainly JustMaths questions which may be useful if you haven't already tried them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Try these too I guess

1) simplify root30
2) rationalise 4 / root7
3) simplify (2 + root2)(2 - root3)
4) rationalise (2 + root3) / (8 - root2)
5) solve 2x^ - 7x + 5

6) give the value of 3/4 + 7/8
7) give the value of (12/5) / (1/3)
8) simplify 2x^2 / x

these are really simple exercises that would be good for the beginning of your revision, make sure to do exam style questions too once you feel more confident

GCSE saviour tbh

EDIT: when I say really simple I mean it might not always look like this on the paper, it'll probably be a worded question you have to interpret
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
https://madasmaths.com/archive_maths_booklets_elementary_topics.html
If you have time to kill, this is some good practice of the basics.
Original post by Notnek
Have you tried JustMaths questions. I made a topic checklist with links to these questions which may be useful if you haven't already tried them.

Thanks. I am using that checklist and those paper questions. Ill try the justmaths questions
Original post by Rarest
https://madasmaths.com/archive_maths_booklets_elementary_topics.html
If you have time to kill, this is some good practice of the basics.

Tysm :smile:
Try these too I guess

1) simplify root30
2) rationalise 4 / root7
3) simplify (2 + root2)(2 - root3)
4) rationalise (2 + root3) / (8 - root2)
5) solve 2x^ - 7x + 5

6) give the value of 3/4 + 7/8
7) give the value of (12/5) / (1/3)
8) simplify 2x^2 / x

these are really simple exercises that would be good for the beginning of your revision, make sure to do exam style questions too once you feel more confident

GCSE saviour tbh

EDIT: when I say really simple I mean it might not always look like this on the paper, it'll probably be a worded question you have to interpret

thanks a lot! there isnt that many 9-1 paper questions so i would like some of those worded questions youre talking about.
thanks a lot! there isnt that many 9-1 paper questions so i would like some of those worded questions youre talking about.

The only ones you can find to practice are the ones on mathsgenie. All the other practice questions I did (I did GCSEs last year, got a 7 in maths and I do it for A-level now) were actually from the old specification. There isn't THAT much of a difference and any practice is good practice, unless you're aiming for a 9. But you on the right track, since the best way to revise maths is to practice it.
The only ones you can find to practice are the ones on mathsgenie. All the other practice questions I did (I did GCSEs last year, got a 7 in maths and I do it for A-level now) were actually from the old specification. There isn't THAT much of a difference and any practice is good practice, unless you're aiming for a 9. But you on the right track, since the best way to revise maths is to practice it.

Of course but i was talking about the new topics that they put in the 9-1 spec. Ill use as much as i can. Do you think its best if i just practice questions from the topic rather than wasting time making notes?

I have some from my paper that are worded a lengthy amount :smile:
Original post by Y11_Maths
I have some from my paper that are worded a lengthy amount :smile:

Please send me some! Not the super difficult ones though. Realistic ones that could come up! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest