The Student Room Group

Is this how I do it? Pre-iGCSE GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stalkingsilence
Ugh it’s not by choice let me tell you that. I’m not the happiest person in the morning either, but the wonderful education government decided that school starts at 8am and my mum works at the school I do as some senior teacher person (I actually have no clue) so we have to be at school by 6:45.... it is hell you have no idea. Hahaha I’m complaining so much but it’s not actually that terrible I’ve done it my whole life 🤷🏼*♀️
Hahaha sure I’ll tag you, thank you for reading though, I really appreciate it!
World War 1: the trenches and Gallipoli etc.. Most people hate it because they learnt it in year 5 but I never did and I just find all of history so so fascinating and interesting so I don’t really mind what we learn about, it still takes me a while to put my head around the fact that it all actually happened to people like us... which leads me into hours of deep thoughts 😂
That sounds so cool! What did you cover for that? :smile:

ouchhhhhhh, that must be convenient having your mum at school though:tongue:
What do you do with so long before school?:s-smilie: I get to school about 30 mins early but I chat with friends in the library :redface:
oh we haven’t done ww1 in much depth, mainly just ww2 (because lessons are all gcse focused now uGh)...yessss history is so great exactly for that reason:wink:
I can’t completly remember (it was a while back) but I remember we did a bit on the moon landing, the flat earth society and 9/11 which was all so interesting:h: I ended up trawling through quite a few reddit threads for my homework then:biggrin:
thank you :smile: I don't really mind if nobody reads actually, I just love writing, but thank you for your support hopefully you enjoy it! I'm leaning towards a career in psychology, clinical or educational psychologist interest me the most at this point in time, what about you?

actually thinking of a career to do with psychology too, maybe mental health research:smile: however if i don't like psychology at a-level i'll probably end up studying english lit or something:redface:
MoNdAy 26th FeBrUaRy 2018 - 8:02 pm

I had another full day of rehearsing today which was so much fun and I've just got home after performing for the first time! The obvious first night mistakes and giggles but it's so exciting, the adrenaline is amazing haha I sound crazy.. Missing todays lessons I also missed a Spanish Speaking test and a Bio revision lesson for my exam next week which although I really didn't want to do, it's going to be crazy trying to catch up.

I'm going to do a bit of history revision but nothing else as in the mornings I wake up at 5:30ish so I aim to be in bed by 9:30-10 most school nights.
For the history I'm going to complete a practice test my teacher gave me and then tomorrow in Form i'm going to get the mark scheme so I can mark it.

Also, people have asked me to tag them but seeing as I'm going to be updating quite often I don't want to bombard people's notifications so I'm gonna do short updates like this every day and then each Saturday do a longer summary with pictures and tags etc so if you wanna be tagged just askkk :smile: (I read this on somebody else's blog I'm sorry I can't remember so yeahh I didn't make this up myself ahah so creds to whoever I read this from)
Have a good evening!
Molly x

yayyy, your performance went well!:smile: bloomin' heck, you get up early! you must be at school pretty early, what do you do to pass the time?:wink:
Original post by Toastiekid
ouchhhhhhh, that must be convenient having your mum at school though:tongue:
What do you do with so long before school?:s-smilie: I get to school about 30 mins early but I chat with friends in the library :redface:
oh we haven’t done ww1 in much depth, mainly just ww2 (because lessons are all gcse focused now uGh)...yessss history is so great exactly for that reason:wink:
I can’t completly remember (it was a while back) but I remember we did a bit on the moon landing, the flat earth society and 9/11 which was all so interesting:h: I ended up trawling through quite a few reddit threads for my homework then:biggrin:

It can be helpful sometimes, it's worse having to stay at school after though, we finish at 3 and I don't go home until 5:30!
By the time I've got into school and put my stuff in my locker it's about 6:50/7 so I read or if I'm watching something on Netflix I'll catch up with that and then one of my friends arrived at 7:10 and we just talk (or do last minute homework/studying which had happened every day last week!)
That sounds so cool!! I'd love to do that!! What stuff do you do in History for gcses?
Original post by entertainmyfaith
actually thinking of a career to do with psychology too, maybe mental health research:smile: however if i don't like psychology at a-level i'll probably end up studying english lit or something:redface:

yayyy, your performance went well!:smile: bloomin' heck, you get up early! you must be at school pretty early, what do you do to pass the time?:wink:

That's really cool as well, I haven't thought about that. I'm really interested in mental health as I've grown up with a disorder and being surrounded with other people as well, it's always fascinated me so I'll have to look into that!

Yep it's early, I mostly do homework or I read or just watch Netflix if I really can't be bothered to do anything else :biggrin:
tuesday 27th february 2018 - 9:17

had a pretty gooood day today and had the first four lessons which are all pretty ugh but still

PE:
today was our last day of netball so we played a mini tournament thing which was fine :smile:

Arabic:
my teacher was pretty great today actually, we were all talking so instead of shouting at us she gave us sweets (!!) so we all shut up and we learnt about how to answer the harder exam questions and how to create our own questions based off a dialogue and then we did some exercises :smile:

English:
because I missed our lesson on Sunday we had a quick recap at the beginning so I could write down the notes, we're doing the context based around Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde so we talked about the fears people had in the Victorian Age and then we sketched the house using our interpretation of the description given which was chill

Maths:
did a quick recap of finding the area and perimeter of compound shapes and then went on to do a worksheet on area and perimeter of triangles and thennnn we did a worksheet on finding the area and perimeter of semi-circles. Wasn't in the best mood because although I'm not the worst at maths, I do it slower than everyone else and all the people around me kept annoying me telling me how slow I was and that I was doing it wrong so I left maths in not a very positive mindset but it was fine :/

Had lunch and then got changed into our costumes and did show 2 to the year 7's which was fun.... tomorrow I'm playing my starring role and I can't wait! I had planned to get some more of the maths done after school but the time just sort of disappeared and I still haven't done any, the evening goes so quickly but it's fine because I can do it in form tomorrow.

Feeling really tired going to try (key word try) and get an earlier night tonight....

Also, are these updates okay daily? tbh I don't know how long I'll do it daily but I really enjoy them so hopefully I won't lose motivation although not gonna lie my procrastination levels have increased because there is so much stuff on here to read hahahaha

Molly x

tags: (my three wonderful readers :smile: )
(edited 6 years ago)
It can be helpful sometimes, it's worse having to stay at school after though, we finish at 3 and I don't go home until 5:30!
By the time I've got into school and put my stuff in my locker it's about 6:50/7 so I read or if I'm watching something on Netflix I'll catch up with that and then one of my friends arrived at 7:10 and we just talk (or do last minute homework/studying which had happened every day last week!)
That sounds so cool!! I'd love to do that!! What stuff do you do in History for gcses?

That’s such a long day!
NETFLIXXXXXXXX :biggrin:
I wish we were still doing it:frown: I do the history of medicine, Elizabethan England, Weimar Germany and the Cold War:s-smilie: I quite liked the Cold War as it’s quute relevant but revising them all is such a pain:angry:

tuesday 27th february 2018 - 9:17

had a pretty gooood day today and had the first four lessons which are all pretty ugh but still

PE:
today was our last day of netball so we played a mini tournament thing which was fine :smile:

Arabic:
my teacher was pretty great today actually, we were all talking so instead of shouting at us she gave us sweets (!!) so we all shut up and we learnt about how to answer the harder exam questions and how to create our own questions based off a dialogue and then we did some exercises :smile:

English:
because I missed our lesson on Sunday we had a quick recap at the beginning so I could write down the notes, we're doing the context based around Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde so we talked about the fears people had in the Victorian Age and then we sketched the house using our interpretation of the description given which was chill

Maths:
did a quick recap of finding the area and perimeter of compound shapes and then went on to do a worksheet on area and perimeter of triangles and thennnn we did a worksheet on finding the area and perimeter of semi-circles. Wasn't in the best mood because although I'm not the worst at maths, I do it slower than everyone else and all the people around me kept annoying me telling me how slow I was and that I was doing it wrong so I left maths in not a very positive mindset but it was fine :/

Had lunch and then got changed into our costumes and did show 2 to the year 7's which was fun.... tomorrow I'm playing my starring role and I can't wait! I had planned to get some more of the maths done after school but the time just sort of disappeared and I still haven't done any, the evening goes so quickly but it's fine because I can do it in form tomorrow.

Feeling really tired going to try (key word try) and get an earlier night tonight....

Also, are these updates okay daily? tbh I don't know how long I'll do it daily but I really enjoy them so hopefully I won't lose motivation although not gonna lie my procrastination levels have increased because there is so much stuff on here to read hahahaha

Molly x

tags: (my three wonderful readers :smile: )

Woah I think you win on the cool language front; Arabic?! Are you a non-native speaker? How do you go about learning the stuff?:wink:
Also...you have school on a Sunday?!
And yes, I’m loving these updates:h: but post when you want, don’t feel pressured to post everyday if you can’t! It’s YOUR gyg:smile:
your posts are great, don't worry:smile: don't feel pressured to post everyday, if you ever don't feel like it then that's fine:h: hope you're feeling okay after maths, don't let it get you down too much x
Woah I think you win on the cool language front; Arabic?! Are you a non-native speaker? How do you go about learning the stuff?:wink:
Also...you have school on a Sunday?!
And yes, I’m loving these updates:h: but post when you want, don’t feel pressured to post everyday if you can’t! It’s YOUR gyg:smile:

I’m pretty excited to learn about the Cold War and we’re also going to do history of medicine but the quite a lot of the new stuff is about America so idk 🤷🏼*♀️ have you found history worth it or is there too much to learn?

haha yeah I’m non-native but I wouldn’t call me a speaker😂 I’ve been learning it for 6 years and I’m not the best but hey ho I’m dropping it at the end of this year.. The first thing you learn is the alphabet and by now we all know how to read so it’s more about grammar and how to structure your writing.
Yep, but it’s okay because when you guys are at school on Friday, I’m at home sleeping :smile: where I live the week is Sunday-Thursday because for Muslims the religious day is Friday :smile:
Thank you (for reading and your support!!) :biggrin:
your posts are great, don't worry:smile: don't feel pressured to post everyday, if you ever don't feel like it then that's fine:h: hope you're feeling okay after maths, don't let it get you down too much x

thank you and thank you💞 x
I just spent 25 minutes writing a massive update and it all deleted... Will update tomorrow for both of the days ughhh I was in such a good mood and it was so so long and now it's all goneeeee :frown: sorry x
I’m pretty excited to learn about the Cold War and we’re also going to do history of medicine but the quite a lot of the new stuff is about America so idk 🤷🏼*♀️ have you found history worth it or is there too much to learn?

haha yeah I’m non-native but I wouldn’t call me a speaker😂 I’ve been learning it for 6 years and I’m not the best but hey ho I’m dropping it at the end of this year.. The first thing you learn is the alphabet and by now we all know how to read so it’s more about grammar and how to structure your writing.
Yep, but it’s okay because when you guys are at school on Friday, I’m at home sleeping :smile: where I live the week is Sunday-Thursday because for Muslims the religious day is Friday :smile:
Thank you (for reading and your support!!) :biggrin:

Yeah some of my friends do America I think it’s quite interesting:h: i like history as a subject but for my GCSE there is wayyy too much content; revising it is awful:angry:
That’s still awesome :biggrin: six years woah! At least it has an alphabet; I do mandarin and there’s no alphabet:colondollar: which makes certain aspects rather tricky:frown:
Oh that’s great! I was worried you didn't have any break at all! It’s just like my week but shifted back a day:tongue:
It’s not a problem, I’m sat currently trying to warm up and your posts are distracting me from my burning fingers:biggrin:

I just spent 25 minutes writing a massive update and it all deleted... Will update tomorrow for both of the days ughhh I was in such a good mood and it was so so long and now it's all goneeeee :frown: sorry x

oh no! That’s happened to me and it always puts me in such a foul mood:redface:
oh no! That’s happened to me and it always puts me in such a foul mood:redface:

woah I think you win coolest language actually!!!!!! Mandarin! That’s so cool I could never do that! What’s that like?
I’m looking forward to next year and just seeing what it’s going to be like I think, I really have no expectations :smile:
Yeah :frown: no worries I’m going to get some sleep and then tomorrow night it’ll be double whammy update time :smile: good night xx
woah I think you win coolest language actually!!!!!! Mandarin! That’s so cool I could never do that! What’s that like?
I’m looking forward to next year and just seeing what it’s going to be like I think, I really have no expectations :smile:
Yeah :frown: no worries I’m going to get some sleep and then tomorrow night it’ll be double whammy update time :smile: good night xx

It’s awesome:biggrin: I really like learning it (except my speaking exam arghhh).
That’s a great attitude to have:tongue:
night:h:
wednesday 28th february 2018

sorry, i know i've been mia for a day but yesterday I just didn't feel like writing, it was the end of the week for me and my sister and I wanted a movie night and by the time that finished it was 12 so I just didn't write :/ anyway so because something went wrong on wednesday I'm not gonna retype the whole day update just a little one of the good/bad things of wednesday :smile:

Timetable for Wednesday week A :
moral education
physics
break
arabic
maths
lunch
french
geo

physics: got told we have a test on Sunday so we did a practice one, we're learning about forces (moments and pressure) which I get but I need to do more practice on, so if anyone is or knows someone who is really good at physics send them my way please :smile:

arabic: had a really good lesson again, I learnt how to structure answers for what,why,when,where questions and we had to write a paragraph about our hobbies and I'm really happy with mine :smile:

maths: started looking at how to find the area of a sector which I don't get when I'll ever use it :ahhhhh: I need to do more practice so I'll have a look either today or tomorrow (she says, knowing full well she won't) so again if anyone can help me with year 9 maths I'll really appreciate it cause I want to do well in maths

french: got my speaking result back today...

Spoiler

I've worked so so hard for this result and I'm just so proud of myself. After a really hard first term where no matter how hard I was trying it just wasn't working it was such a relief to do so well in this test especially when I think that speaking is my weakest skill. My teacher has helped me so much so I'm really grateful but it was so nice not being the bottom...

after school we had our final evening performance and I played Maurice which was very scary but so much fun and the guy I like does the stage crew so I got to talk to him a bit (thought I'd just add that bit in :blush::five: ) Also, it was raining all day today which is veryyyy very rare where I live so yayyy :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
D1E712C9-0874-477E-A3BA-751500A26080.jpg.jpeg
43730638-A644-49F9-8681-FCAD5496F91F.jpg.jpeg
13283688-850D-44F3-AC22-EA033E37ACEF.jpg.jpeg
my little morning study squad :smile:
well done on french speaking, that result's fabulous!:smile: i've always found speaking a bit nervewracking aha. do you have to take french for gcse?
well done on french speaking, that result's fabulous!:smile: i've always found speaking a bit nervewracking aha. do you have to take french for gcse?

thank you! yes it is quite scary, we have to take a language and I chose Spanish but right now i'm seeing how Spanish goes for the rest of this year and then I might change to french. Do you take french?
update update update

yesterday I had a great but totally unproductive day...
I have to go out to my singing lesson in an hour and a half and in that time I have to:
eat lunch
do spanish revision
do physics revision
do my english homework
and get changed

I've just procrastinated from writing this and now im procrastinating by writing this ugh I'm such a bad person :biggrin:
For spanish I need to look at the questions for my speaking exam and then write out some answers :afraid:
For physics I'm just going to look in my CGP book because it is so sooooo helpful :angel:
English I need to write a story less that 200 words so that'll be fine
I'll be back later with another update that I've written purely because I don't want to do something :smile: :evilbanana:
well done on your french speaking result! Wow!
If you need any maths help I can try to help! (Don’t hesitate to pm!) or consult the many geniuses on TSR:tongue:
Enjoy your singing lesson!:h:
thank you! yes it is quite scary, we have to take a language and I chose Spanish but right now i'm seeing how Spanish goes for the rest of this year and then I might change to french. Do you take french?

yeah, i take french:smile: i quite enjoy the subject but some aspects i find really tough aha

update update update

yesterday I had a great but totally unproductive day...
I have to go out to my singing lesson in an hour and a half and in that time I have to:
eat lunch
do spanish revision
do physics revision
do my english homework
and get changed

I've just procrastinated from writing this and now im procrastinating by writing this ugh I'm such a bad person :biggrin:
For spanish I need to look at the questions for my speaking exam and then write out some answers :afraid:
For physics I'm just going to look in my CGP book because it is so sooooo helpful :angel:
English I need to write a story less that 200 words so that'll be fine
I'll be back later with another update that I've written purely because I don't want to do something :smile: :evilbanana:

enjoy your singing lesson:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending