The Student Room Group

Do boys find girls more attractive with or without makeup?

Scroll to see replies

As for me(I’m a boy), my answer to you is girls with make up. But that kind of relationship won’t last once we discover that you are trying to hide something.
May I ask why you girls value appearance so much?
Reply 3
Girls with makeup are fine as long as is nots caked on. Too much makeup is a definite turn off
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

girls usually look better with some makeup on, however if the girl is bad at makeup ...or applies too much then i'm not so keen on it and probably would prefer no makeup

also with heavy makeup often it's impossible to discern if the girl standing before you is actually attractive ....so that's another reason i'm not keen on it
Reply 5
I think make up is best used, if at all, just for special occasions and not an everyday ritual.

no because guys are more drawn to what they see and not what they know. so it is safe to say makeup increases your chances of being more noticeable
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by XchickenX

It often feels like the most important thing about you in the eyes of others. I find on here that people comment on my appearance rather than what i’m saying when it has nothing to do with the topic. I’ll make a relevant and thought through comment, wanting a debate or a different view point, and hit back with “u got snap?”.
Pretty girls get treated a lot better, and are generally valued higher by society. It’s unfair but that’s life.

We’re asked why we value appearance but are surrounded by unattainable beauty in the media, advertisements telling you to buy something to look better, people commenting on your looks. Parents tell their little girls that they’re “the most beautiful girl in the world” and other parents comment on how cute she is. They tell little boys that they’re good at what they’re doing and encourage them to be active and “be boys”. From a young age it’s made clear that beauty is our greatest asset, and is reaffirmed throughout our lives by loved ones and strangers alike.

Being conscious of how we look is part of our lives and how we’ve grown up. Beautiful girls have to fight to be taken seriously and respected as an intellectual person, “ugly” girls have to fight to get the attention of people to listen to what they have to say.

We’re rated out of ten from irrelevant to eye-candy, then asked why we care about our position on the scale that measures how much people value us.
Original post by cat_mac
It often feels like the most important thing about you in the eyes of others. I find on here that people comment on my appearance rather than what i’m saying when it has nothing to do with the topic. I’ll make a relevant and thought through comment, wanting a debate or a different view point, and hit back with “u got snap?”.
Pretty girls get treated a lot better, and are generally valued higher by society. It’s unfair but that’s life.

We’re asked why we value appearance but are surrounded by unattainable beauty in the media, advertisements telling you to buy something to look better, people commenting on your looks. Parents tell their little girls that they’re “the most beautiful girl in the world” and other parents comment on how cute she is. They tell little boys that they’re good at what they’re doing and encourage them to be active and “be boys”. From a young age it’s made clear that beauty is our greatest asset, and is reaffirmed throughout our lives by loved ones and strangers alike.

Being conscious of how we look is part of our lives and how we’ve grown up. Beautiful girls have to fight to be taken seriously and respected as an intellectual person, “ugly” girls have to fight to get the attention of people to listen to what they have to say.

We’re rated out of ten from irrelevant to eye-candy, then asked why we care about our position on the scale that measures how much people value us.

lol you refer to pretty girls as 'we'. who told you that you were beautiful? Im not trying to be rude or anything i just want to know where you got your confidence from bc your girl over here needs some
Original post by XchickenX

"Men fall in love with what they see....hence girls wear makeup. Women fall in love with what they hear....hence boys lie."
True... this is a screwed up world... not easy to find true love
Original post by yesmynameis
lol you refer to pretty girls as 'we'. who told you that you were beautiful? Im not trying to be rude or anything i just want to know where you got your confidence from bc your girl over here needs some

I was meaning “we” as “we women” but I do get more positive comments on my appearance than negative, spent years hating myself and how I look but now i’m comfortable in it and act confident! I’m cute and owning it. :yep: best tip is fake it ‘till you make it.

One of the best games is when a guy compliments you and you say “true” or “I know, thanks” and they act like you just set them on fire.
Attachment not found

(thats an example off google but it seriously works, some guys get so mad that you aren’t insecure)
Most guys will say without or natural makeup, not actually being able to tell the difference between a little make-up and a lot if it is applied well. I’ve had guys tell me they like that I don’t wear much make-up when I’ve easily got 7-8 products just on my eyes. :tongue:
More attractive without make up on. I spent a week in Berlin recently and it was lovely to see women without caked on make-up, or any caking it on whilst I was travelling on the trains there.
Original post by cat_mac

Typical feminist rant based on what they believe happens rather than what actually happens because it fits their agenda. This is getting old now.
Original post by howitoughttobe
Typical feminist rant based on what they believe happens rather than what actually happens because it fits their agenda. This is getting old now.

1) not a feminist
2) this is what happens

What is my agenda exactly? Someone asked why girls care so much about appearance, that’s some of the reasoning behind it. You don’t have to believe me, but don’t go trying to derail my view point as propaganda.

What’s getting old is people trying to invalidate other’s opinions by classing them as “feminist rants”. My only motivation to write that was so the person asking the question got an honest answer. If you have a different experience, you’re free to share it.
Original post by cat_mac
1) not a feminist
2) this is what happens

What is my agenda exactly? Someone asked why girls care so much about appearance, that’s some of the reasoning behind it. You don’t have to believe me, but don’t go trying to derail my view point as propaganda.

What’s getting old is people trying to invalidate other’s opinions by classing them as “feminist rants”. My only motivation to write that was so the person asking the question got an honest answer. If you have a different experience, you’re free to share it.

I have plenty of people on Facebook who have kids. People are constantly commenting on their posts saying how cute their kids are regardless of whether they're a boy or a girl. This whole "people on comment on how cute girls are" is bs, and it's the sort of crap feminists come out with to make their points seem valid despite the fact that they have no actual evidence that what they're saying is true.

And everyone gets judged on their appearance. That's how society works. You can go crying that it only happens to women as much as you want but it doesn't change the fact that people judge people based on appearance, regardless of gender.
Honestly, I would say that most boys are pretty vain and would go fore people who have make-up compared to those who don't but in my case it depends really i rater go for someone more natural looking than someone with lots of fukin make-up which changes their skin-tone and doesn't correspond with the rest of their body.
Reply 18

Every girl is beautiful in her own way, make up is only for occasions for the girl to look special but not for everyday life unless it's very simple
honestly without

Quick Reply

Latest