The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite music artist/ group?

I'm very passionate about music and I enjoy listening to most genres of music.I find it difficult to pick a favourite song when it comes to music.
Who is your favourite music artist/ group and what is your favourite song?
Reply 1
Panic! At the Disco.
Favourite song at this moment would probably be: Emperor's New Clothes or I Write Sins, not Tragedies ( the classic). They're all good though in my view.
Original post by BF19
Panic! At the Disco.
Favourite song at this moment would probably be: Emperor's New Clothes or I Write Sins, not Tragedies ( the classic). They're all good though in my view.

I'm the same, I can't pick a fa.vourite song because the music is just so good.
AC/DC or Jimi Hendrix
Original post by BF19
Panic! At the Disco.

I can never pick a favourite song because music is just so good!
Original post by nathan_wolf
AC/DC or Jimi Hendrix

What is your favourite genre of music?
Oasis and my favourite song from them is Don’t Go Away (this constantly changes though 😀)

There’s more to Oasis than Wonderwall.

Noel Gallagher is a fantastic songwriter and Liam is a great frontman. I’d say Oasis are the last great rock band. Definitely the best band in the last 25 years.

I’m open to criticism, fire away 😀
Original post by Georgia Brown
What is your favourite genre of music?

probably 1970's - 1990's rock
Original post by Tommy123Hull
Oasis and my favourite song from them is Don’t Go Away (this constantly changes though 😀)

There’s more to Oasis than Wonderwall.

Noel Gallagher is a fantastic songwriter and Liam is a great frontman. I’d say Oasis are the last great rock band. Definitely the best band in the last 25 years.

I’m open to criticism, fire away 😀

Oasis' songs are great!

I completely agree with you. Oasis have some catchy songs and I enjoy listening to them.
Original post by nathan_wolf
probably 1970's - 1990's rock

Cool
Perhaps favourite is not the correct way to define music to suit ones mood at any given time because it's transient.

Favourites become tired or even annoying if played too often. You know: the classic songs like Fairy tale of New York, Hallelujah, Stairway to Heaven etc.

The genre I revert to most often is classical, progressive, blues rock, jazz and world fusion.

The greats: Chopin, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Verdi, Zeppelin, Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Steely Dan, Hendrix, Santana, Dylan, Bowie, Queen, REM, et. al.
Original post by uberteknik
Perhaps favourite is not the correct way to define music to suit ones mood at any given time because it's transient.

Favourites become tired or even annoying if played too often. You know: the classic songs like Fairy tale of New York, Hallelujah, Stairway to Heaven etc.

The genre I revert to most often is classical, progressive, blues rock, jazz and world fusion.

The greats: Chopin, Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Verdi, Zeppelin, Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Steely Dan, Hendrix, Santana, Dylan, Bowie, Queen, REM, et. al.

Cool
Joyner Lucas/Immortal Technique

Both real rappers speak proper deep stuff sometimes on real events. Check them out
Blutengel are my favourite. :heart:

I don't have a top favourite song, but I loved Lebe Deinen Traum enough to have it tattooed on my arm. Although Kinder der Sterne probably surpasses it and Asche zu Asche has sentimental value, being the first song I ever heard.

For English-language tracks I love Soultaker, Black, and Bow Down. :h:
Moved to the music forum :biggrin:
Simon and Garfunkel
Joy Division
Jeff Buckley
Original post by Georgia Brown
I'm very passionate about music and I enjoy listening to most genres of music.I find it difficult to pick a favourite song when it comes to music.
Who is your favourite music artist/ group and what is your favourite song?

I have a few favourites, but my favourite artist is shania twain.
My favourite song has to be Nah by shania twain.
Original post by sinfonietta
Blutengel are my favourite. :heart:

I don't have a top favourite song, but I loved Lebe Deinen Traum enough to have it tattooed on my arm. Although Kinder der Sterne probably surpasses it and Asche zu Asche has sentimental value, being the first song I ever heard.

For English-language tracks I love Soultaker, Black, and Bow Down. :h:

Wow

Quick Reply

Latest