The Student Room Group

Summer work experience?

I'm looking into finding some work experience that's going to look good on UCAS, as I feel that most Uni's value it, but also because I feel like Id want something to do relevant to the degree I'm planning on studying (geography) to keep myself occupied and engaged over the summer. Any ideas where I can find something appropriate? I just feel like I've searched and searched and can't find anything relevant, despite the geographical field being fairly broad.

Many thanks
Original post by beckyyfoster
I'm looking into finding some work experience that's going to look good on UCAS, as I feel that most Uni's value it, but also because I feel like Id want something to do relevant to the degree I'm planning on studying (geography) to keep myself occupied and engaged over the summer. Any ideas where I can find something appropriate? I just feel like I've searched and searched and can't find anything relevant, despite the geographical field being fairly broad.

Many thanks

You really don’t need work experience for geography. It’s an academic degree, universities will be looking for academic aptitude and interests.
you could try applying to some uni summer schools w the geography course to get you motivated for your degree?
Original post by CinnamonSmol
you could try applying to some uni summer schools w the geography course to get you motivated for your degree?

I've had a look at some and they're just unaffordable. I cannot apply for grants as I'm on a scholarship for a private school
Original post by PQ
You really don’t need work experience for geography. It’s an academic degree, universities will be looking for academic aptitude and interests.

Even for Oxbridge?
Even for Oxbridge?

Especially for Oxbridge
Reply 6
I've had a look at some and they're just unaffordable. I cannot apply for grants as I'm on a scholarship for a private school

Have you looked at one day, or evening, Masterclasses or Tasters? Many universities offer them.

E.g.
https://london.ac.uk/ways-study/study-campus-london/university-taster-courses
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/events/masterclasses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending