The Student Room Group

Oxford Admissions Graduate 2018

Has anyone who has applied to graduate school at Oxford heard back yet? I know online it says 8-10 weeks, but I'm wondering what the outliers are. I read that some candidates are weeded out in the first ten days. Do the let you know as they go? Or do they send out batch offers and rejections at the same time?
Hi, I am curious too. PhD app. I received an email saying to apply for Scholarships at a specific college but haven't heard anything from the University (setting up interview...etc.) Not sure what is going on, and if getting asked to apply for a scholarship means that I might be accepted? ( Or just an awesome rep helping me by saying to apply for scholarships, in case accepted) Anyone else?
Reply 2
Original post by ThisGuy_27
Hi, I am curious too. PhD app. I received an email saying to apply for Scholarships at a specific college but haven't heard anything from the University (setting up interview...etc.) Not sure what is going on, and if getting asked to apply for a scholarship means that I might be accepted? ( Or just an awesome rep helping me by saying to apply for scholarships, in case accepted) Anyone else?

I feel like that is a really good sign!
Reply 3
I rang the university last week to get an idea of time frames for MSc applications as was wondering myself. I was told it takes up to 3 weeks for the application to go from graduate admissions to the relevant faculty, and after that about 2 weeks for the faculty to make initial decisions about rejections and interviews (so 5 weeks from submission). Interviews then take place in the week or two following that (6 - 8 weeks after submission). However, I was further told that if you don't hear about an interview doesn't mean you haven't been shortlisted, as a number of candidates are accepted without interview. She then said all decisions are issued on or before the 12th March (as that is the final university deadline for this intake window). This gives me the impression that they do a bulk response of offers/rejections towards the end of the application window, rather than as they go. Hope this helps in some way!
Well I got an email of survey on the satisfaction on the application process... I felt maybe this is a bad sign.
Reply 5
Original post by mariposas
Well I got an email of survey on the satisfaction on the application process... I felt maybe this is a bad sign.

Everybody got that!
Yup I got the survey too. Any law Mphil applicants heard anything? Oxford told me they don’t interview for this specific programme - but wondered if anyone has heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending