The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York law offer holders 2018

Hi guys,

I'm making this thread because there doesn't seem to be one of its kind on TSR and I can't seem to find any UoY law groups on Facebook.

I'm Meg (if you hadn't guessed that already) and I'm from the Midlands. I'm holding a conditional offer (AAA) for law and I'm almost certain that I'll be firming York!

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
University of York
York
Original post by chuckymeg
Hi guys,

I'm making this thread because there doesn't seem to be one of its kind on TSR and I can't seem to find any UoY law groups on Facebook.

I'm Meg (if you hadn't guessed that already) and I'm from the Midlands. I'm holding a conditional offer (AAA) for law and I'm almost certain that I'll be firming York!

I'm Andrew and I have firmed York for Law.
My offer is conditional but I'm already nearly there in terms of achieving grades as currently doing an access to high education course and received 18 of the 39 distinctions needed.
Reply 3
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Cheers pal! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
I'm Andrew and I have firmed York for Law.
My offer is conditional but I'm already nearly there in terms of achieving grades as currently doing an access to high education course and received 18 of the 39 distinctions needed.

Hi Andrew,

That's awesome! Are you a mature student?
Hi Andrew,

That's awesome! Are you a mature student?

I'm 28. Im not sure calling all over 21's mature is totally accurate though haha!
How about yourself? Where are you from, what are you doing at the moment and what are your long term goals?
Reply 6
Hi everyone,

I'm Jack and I have an unconditional offer to study law (got my grades two years ago at D*D*D).

I must admit though, I'm not sure at all which uni i'm going to firm. Its between Kent, Reading and York. I like them all for different reasons, all are unconditional offers as well. Lets just hope I can eventually make up my mind. I must say though, that apart from the law building (obviously, with having the interview), I haven't seen any of the campus, nor have I seen the other two unis and I actually got lost in York when I was there! Ended up walking for over two hours, got picked up by a taxi and turned out I had managed to walk myself out of York instead of going back to my hotel :hahaha: All I wanted to do was see the minster and get some food then go back to my hotel! So I would like to hope my abilities with law are better than my sense of direction :smile:
Hi Jack, you definitely need to visit all your choices before you make a decision. It's impossible to get a feel for a place without having a good look around.
I hated the college I went to straight from high school. The location, the course and the people. I thought I would love it there and never bothered attending any open or visit days.

You've got a few months to make your decision, use it well.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh and if it makes you feel better, I went to the wrong campus for my interview. I input an old postcode into Google. Ended up walking around for about an hour on the icy roads before I got there, my feet blistered by my shoes.
Reply 9
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
I'm 28. Im not sure calling all over 21's mature is totally accurate though haha!
How about yourself? Where are you from, what are you doing at the moment and what are your long term goals?

That's very true, 28 isn't too old. :wink:

I'm 19, I'm from Staffordshire, I'm studying A-levels in English, history, RS and sociology, and I hope to go into criminal law when I graduate from university.
Reply 10
Original post by jbwalker
Hi everyone,

I'm Jack and I have an unconditional offer to study law (got my grades two years ago at D*D*D).

I must admit though, I'm not sure at all which uni i'm going to firm. Its between Kent, Reading and York. I like them all for different reasons, all are unconditional offers as well. Lets just hope I can eventually make up my mind. I must say though, that apart from the law building (obviously, with having the interview), I haven't seen any of the campus, nor have I seen the other two unis and I actually got lost in York when I was there! Ended up walking for over two hours, got picked up by a taxi and turned out I had managed to walk myself out of York instead of going back to my hotel :hahaha: All I wanted to do was see the minster and get some food then go back to my hotel! So I would like to hope my abilities with law are better than my sense of direction :smile:

Hi Jack,

Congratulations! Like Andrew said, it would be a good idea to attend the offer holder days at Kent and Reading, so you have a clear idea of where you would be living for the next three years if you decided to go there.

I managed to get myself lost around York too, don't worry about it! :biggrin:

What did you think of the interview?
Hi Jack,

Congratulations! Like Andrew said, it would be a good idea to attend the offer holder days at Kent and Reading, so you have a clear idea of where you would be living for the next three years if you decided to go there.

I managed to get myself lost around York too, don't worry about it! :biggrin:

What did you think of the interview?

I had a bit of an advantage because I've done so many interviews for jobs over the years, on both ends, so I felt pretty comfortable and confident. How about yourself?
I found the interview went well. Although, I was told it would last 20 minutes and was done in 10 minutes so I didn't know if that meant I hadn't answered the questions properly or just that I didn't struggle to answer so there wasn't any time needed for pauses and to think about my answers. Probably helped having experience from interviews before mind you.
Reply 13
I found the interview went well. Although, I was told it would last 20 minutes and was done in 10 minutes so I didn't know if that meant I hadn't answered the questions properly or just that I didn't struggle to answer so there wasn't any time needed for pauses and to think about my answers. Probably helped having experience from interviews before mind you.

Mine only lasted 10 minutes too!
Happy to say that on Wednesday despite the snow I trekked all the way to York on a 4 hour train journey for a very enjoyable 15 minute interview. However, all is good now since the day after my interview (Thursday 1st March) I received an offer for the Law LLB course. So happy to have been made this offer and now it's a tough decision between York and Nottingham, although still waiting on Warwick so fingers crossed.
Further to my earlier posts on there, I think, having done some more research and emails into my dilemma, I'm going to firm York. Although, I was wondering if anyone knows if the uni does an offer holders day or any other day for me to see the campus again before starting the course just so I can refresh my memory and see the rest of the campus?
Further to my earlier posts on there, I think, having done some more research and emails into my dilemma, I'm going to firm York. Although, I was wondering if anyone knows if the uni does an offer holders day or any other day for me to see the campus again before starting the course just so I can refresh my memory and see the rest of the campus?

It says on the website you can request to go and tour privately and there is a list of campus tours which you can book onto.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Yo, I'm 18 from Shrewsbury and going to have York as my insurance, even though I liked it better than LSE and Bristol, Predicted A*A*A*
Original post by M-V12
Yo, I'm 18 from Shrewsbury and going to have York as my insurance, even though I liked it better than LSE and Bristol, Predicted A*A*A*

If you think you'll be happy studying at either of those, then go for it. But if you don't think you will like it at either of those then you should definitely factor that into your decision making for your choices. Once you make your firm/insurance choices, you're stuck with them.
Reply 19
Hi guys,

Hey! I'm from the Midlands too and also have a conditional offer for Law at York! It's my firm- such an amazing place!

Quick Reply