The Student Room Group

What is your talent?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hirsty97
Uncanny ability to recall obscure facts according to most people I know irl

My geography teacher used to play a game with me in HS where he'd name a country (incl. obscure ones in Africa & the Caribbean) and I'd name the capital, pop, land mass, world leader and system of government by memory, everyone used to look at me as though I had superpowers.

Hey blondie! I got news for yah! You must be a superhero then because that talent is over the top!
Used to be singing but I gave it up a few years ago.
I am talented at being untalented lol.
Of those fit to air publicly: art; music-production; theatre; prose; verse; graphic design; retouching; compositing; copywriting/editing; and I can recite Sonnet 116 in 16 seconds, as well as having a generally first-rate aptitude for active (albeit slow) memorisation—essays, scripts, Photoshop keyboard-shortcuts, entire GCSE History exercise-books, et cetera. Also, comedy (though I never had the nerve for stand-up, so you'll just have to take my word for it).

Still, if it's any consolation, I've no doubt that ninety-percent of you will go on to earn considerably more than I do: being 'talented' simply affords my deceptively introverted temperament a plethora of ways in which to keep itself occupied, the better to stave off early-onset ennui.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
Of those fit to air publicly: art; music-production; theatre; graphic design; Photoshop; and I can recite Sonnet 116 in 16 seconds, as well as having a generally first-rate aptitude for active (albeit slow) memorisation—essays, scripts, entire GCSE History exercise-books, et cetera. Also, comedy (though I never had the nerve for stand-up, so you'll just have to take my word for it).

Still, if it's any consolation, I've no doubt that ninety-percent of you will go on to earn considerably more than I do: being 'talented' simply affords my deceptively introverted temperament a plethora of ways in which to keep itself occupied.

Comedy is the best!
Original post by gjd800
I have a highly developed sense of rhythm and timing which is handy for all the music I do.

I'd be intrigued to know how you fare on this.
Original post by Sadflower
You are all talented human beings!
Mine is art :wink:

Origami! I've been folding for as long as I can remember!

Recently made a hashtag on it, on instagram. #mehrugami

I can cook one minute rice in 58 seconds...
Geometry Dash.

Spoiler

Art and pancake making!
Oooooh really? Same here. I really like drawing in ink and using a lot of Shadows and Highlights. I use anything from an old Biro to my Fountain pens. Also I make a damm good Pot Noodle ;P
Reply 31
Original post by Profesh

I shall have a look when I can get to a computer - it is not working on my phone!
i jus generally hav no talent

I don't really have a talent...

Me too! I like to draw pictures. Another talent of mine seems to be writing. Like to write poems, short stories and dramas.
Reply 35
Original post by Profesh

75%

Must do better,
Original post by gjd800
75%

Must do better,

You're God-damned right.
Reply 37

Noice. I'll give it another go when I'm not halfway out the door to a gig :laugh:
I can recite, word for word, this introductory monologue from the film V for Vendetta entirely from memory:

Naturally, this leads me to infer that I have a well-developed sense of memory.

I also have incredible balance.
sex.

Quick Reply

Latest