The Student Room Group

Revision Help

Does anyone have any tips for revising English (Literature and Language), Physics, Biology and Chemistry? I've never been the strongest in these subjects and coukd do with focussing more of my revision time on them but I don't have any idea where to start.
I definitely recommend doing past papers for all subjects. Past papers not only enable you to get a feel for what the exams will be like, but they also almost always come up every year the same, with some slight changes in the questions. Also, have a look at the mark schemes. These tell you exactly what the examiner is looking for and provide you with examples to really get an idea of what you should do.

For physics, biology and chemistry, I would recommend a YouTube channel called ‘freesciencelessons’. It’s a channel which takes you through everything you need to know for your exams (in particular I think the AQA spec but you’d have to double check). They’re not too long and they also give examples and are just very clear and concise.

For English, check out a YouTube channel called ‘Mr Bruff’. His videos are quite long but they go in depth into how exactly you can get all those marks and what each individual questions is asking of you.

For English, you can also check out CGP books. Honestly, these are life savers. If you have a particular book you are required to study for your GCSEs or exams, CGP will almost always have it. For example, I’m studying Macbeth, The Sign of Four, An Inspector Calls and Poetry and CGP have all of them, along with work books.

Hope this helped 😁
Thanks. Do you think it's too early to start using past papers? Especially since it's a new specification and there are so few papers for it
It depends really. You can always ask your teachers to make you some exam papers to try and do. CGP books have exam style questions in.
Original post by _Nay.Nay_
I definitely recommend doing past papers for all subjects. Past papers not only enable you to get a feel for what the exams will be like, but they also almost always come up every year the same, with some slight changes in the questions. Also, have a look at the mark schemes. These tell you exactly what the examiner is looking for and provide you with examples to really get an idea of what you should do.

For physics, biology and chemistry, I would recommend a YouTube channel called ‘freesciencelessons’. It’s a channel which takes you through everything you need to know for your exams (in particular I think the AQA spec but you’d have to double check). They’re not too long and they also give examples and are just very clear and concise.

For English, check out a YouTube channel called ‘Mr Bruff’. His videos are quite long but they go in depth into how exactly you can get all those marks and what each individual questions is asking of you.

For English, you can also check out CGP books. Honestly, these are life savers. If you have a particular book you are required to study for your GCSEs or exams, CGP will almost always have it. For example, I’m studying Macbeth, The Sign of Four, An Inspector Calls and Poetry and CGP have all of them, along with work books.

Hope this helped 😁

Where can I get past papers for bio, chemistry and physics from as it’s new spec.
Depends a little bit tbh, is it A Level or GCSE?
Original post by HXA97
Where can I get past papers for bio, chemistry and physics from as it’s new spec.

You can always look on the AQA website if that’s the exam board you are looking for. Or, you can also simply type it in and many options will come up for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending