The Student Room Group

Anyone out there that is different from the norm???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Memeintern
Tbh I think the work 'awkward' is used a lot, it's almost like it's the default word for everything!

People always follow a similar route hence they just name absolute anything you do that is not normal awkward :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Priyanboss517
Exactly the same here, expectation for appreciation. And definitely omega by the sounds of it! Its really nice to see that you have a similar perspective on things. :tongue:

oh man its so nice to know I'm not the only one. for years people have told me 'you're so weeeeird' because of the way I do things. I don't believe I'm weird at all, what just because I'm not a follower? pfft who cares, I personally LOVE my personality. I think theres nothing wrong with it, I wish the world had more people like us. People just label us weird because they simply can't understand us :wink:
Reply 42
Original post by Zxyn
I can already feel the emotional bond

haha, it really is amazing to find someone similar to you on an emotional level.
Reply 43
Original post by Allie4
yeah I think I'm pretty similar too, I'm someone who always sees things from a third angle and appreciate a person no matter what their characteristics are (unless of course they're a very hateful person, then of course I have no time or respect for you)

an alpha = a leader
a beta = a follower
an omega = someone who is their own person, sets their own trends and lives by their own rules rather than following others.
I definitely believe I am an omega.

Me too and as an Omega, I think the whole Alpha, Beta and Omega thing is stupid! It's good for summarising types of people I guess but you have whole subsets of personalities and some people take it a little too serious. Like I set my own trends and live by my own rules but I can put that aside and build a consensus to lead people and get my message across, and I can also put my differences aside to listen and follow people if I believe it'll have benefit to me...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Zxyn
Me too and as an Omega, I think the whole Alpha, Beta and Omega thing is stupid! It's good for summarising types of people I guess but you have whole subsets of personalities and some people take it a little too serious. Like I set my own trends and live by my own rules but I can put that aside and build a consensus to lead people and get my message across, and I can also listen and follow people...

oh sure I don't judge people at all for being alphas or betas, I think betas more than anything get a lot of slack because people assume followers = no mind of your own. but thats not what it means, the alpha/beta/omega thing is just a personality type, has nothing whatsoever to do with your intelligence level and certainly doesn't sum you up as an individual. in fact all it proves is what your position would be in a group and shows how you're likely to get on with others, it does not in the slightly sum you up entirely as a person.
(edited 6 years ago)
I've never thought of it that way 😆
Original post by Zxyn
I can already feel the emotional bond

Wish everyone felt the same aha
Reply 47
Original post by Allie4
oh man its so nice to know I'm not the only one. for years people have told me 'you're so weeeeird' because of the way I do things. I don't believe I'm weird at all, what just because I'm not a follower? pfft who cares, I personally LOVE my personality. I think theres nothing wrong with it, I wish the world had more people like us. People just label us weird because they simply can't understand us :wink:

I truly love and appreciate your personality and people that have similar ones. i like to say, 'stay above the noise' and let them do what they want as i dont care. Im sure theres more people like us, its just really hard to find hence why i started this conversation :tongue: :smile:
Reply 48
In my opinion, people that follow the normal trend of life. Go to school. Go to university. Get a job. Have a family. Etc.
Reply 49
I truly love and appreciate your personality and people that have similar ones. i like to say, 'stay above the noise' and let them do what they want as i dont care. Im sure theres more people like us, its just really hard to find hence why i started this conversation :tongue: :smile:

back at ya #fistbump
Reply 50
Original post by Zxyn
Me too and as an Omega, I think the whole Alpha, Beta and Omega thing is stupid! It's good for summarising types of people I guess but you have whole subsets of personalities and some people take it a little too serious. Like I set my own trends and live by my own rules but I can put that aside and build a consensus to lead people and get my message across, and I can also put my differences aside to listen and follow people if I believe it'll have benefit to me...

I like that. I definitely like to listen to things that help me.
Reply 51
Original post by Memeintern
I've never thought of it that way 😆

Perspective is important. :tongue:
Reply 52
Original post by bluebells1
Wish everyone felt the same aha

same here :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by Allie4
back at ya #fistbump

Can we all like create some sort of group, yes this is weird, because what ends up happing is people eventually go. I don't want to let that happen. its too rare to find people like you and everyone else :tongue:
Reply 54
Can we all like create some sort of group, yes this is weird, because what ends up happing is people eventually go. I don't want to let that happen. its too rare to find people like you and everyone else :tongue:

haha tell me about it, I wanna set up a forum or something, there needs to be one for people like us so we can be reacquainted with other people like us. actually lemme go and check, there might already be one for us!
Reply 55
Original post by Allie4
haha tell me about it, I wanna set up a forum or something, there needs to be one for people like us so we can be reacquainted with other people like us. actually lemme go and check, there might already be one for us!

If not, im sure you or I will be willing to start one!
Reply 56
If not, im sure you or I will be willing to start one!

will do, we need one!
Reply 57
Original post by Allie4
will do, we need one!

Are you doing one right now??
Reply 58
Are you doing one right now??

haha no, i have no idea how to set up a forum. :colondollar:
Reply 59
Original post by Allie4
haha no, i have no idea how to set up a forum. :colondollar:

Hahaha nor do i :smile: Do you have any other forms of social media?

Quick Reply

Latest