The Student Room Group

Anyone out there that is different from the norm???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Priyanboss517
Hahaha nor do i :smile: Do you have any other forms of social media?

not currently, I recently deleted my facebook because someone was bothering me. when i make up another one, shall I add you? i don't have twitter, don't use it
Reply 61
Original post by Allie4
not currently, I recently deleted my facebook because someone was bothering me. when i make up another one, shall I add you? i don't have twitter, don't use it

Haha, i deleted my facebook quite while ago due to all of the rubbish on there. i mean i do have twitter,insta and snapchat. Have you got whatsapp?
I like people who don’t act like they’re superior to others because they don’t like popular music or trends. It’s such a tired thing, thinking you’re special for being “not like other girls/guys” or whatever. Like there’s some intellectual level that others can’t reach because they take selfies and listen to the music on radio 1.

You can enjoy things that are different genres, unique hobbies, even have different morals, but don’t act like you’re on some other level that “normies” can’t reach. Don’t act like ‘normal’ people can’t have intelligent conversation (post 5) or be philosophical (7) or be shy while still enjoying social media and hanging out with their friends or whatever else you class as “normal”.
Reply 63
Original post by cat_mac
I like people who don’t act like they’re superior to others because they don’t like popular music or trends. It’s such a tired thing, thinking you’re special for being “not like other girls/guys” or whatever. Like there’s some intellectual level that others can’t reach because they take selfies and listen to the music on radio 1.

You can enjoy things that are different genres, unique hobbies, even have different morals, but don’t act like you’re on some other level that “normies” can’t reach. Don’t act like ‘normal’ people can’t have intelligent conversation (post 5) or be philosophical (7) or be shy while still enjoying social media and hanging out with their friends or whatever else you class as “normal”.

Ofcourse you can enjoy all of these things at the same time. Hence why i love people that are humble. Not considering themselves on an 'Intellectual level' because thats the worst thing to do. And mind 'normal' is defined by so many different factors. To be honest, its what perspective you have on it.
Reply 64
Haha, true but I mean all in a negative way. Where they go through all of that having a negative perspective on all of it and not wanting to dream big and have a positive impact on people.
Reply 65
Original post by Priyanboss517
Haha, true but I mean all in a negative way. Where they go through all of that having a negative perspective on all of it and not wanting to dream big and have a positive impact on people.

You can have a significant positive impact on a small scale. Dreaming big is fine but it tends to neglect the immediate.
Reply 66
That's true. It's nice to have another perspective. Small things can have a big difference.
Reply 67
Original post by bluebells1
Do you value intelligent conversation, dislike people who start texting when you're trying to talk, want a close group of friends, dislike shallow conversations about "what happened at the party" and "why did she post that on instagram?" And selfie culture, generally wish I was born 50 years ago...

Then hello
I am the same

Same

Quick Reply

Latest