The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature 2018: which poem is most likely to come up?

For the power and conflict cluster, what do you think/what have your teachers said might come up and what might not? There are a few poems in the cluster that I HATE and it would be great to know if they’re likely to come up or not so that I can prioritise learning the others. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemuffin
For the power and conflict cluster, what do you think/what have your teachers said might come up and what might not? There are a few poems in the cluster that I HATE and it would be great to know if they’re likely to come up or not so that I can prioritise learning the others. Thanks :smile:

You cannot really predict what poem will come up, you are better off remembering all of them, even if you hate some.
https://youtu.be/AhopcQcilzk Link to a video, I suggest you watch Mr Bruff, he has analysed the poems and how to compare them.
my teacher is saying maybe a power of nature one as it was conflict (bayonet charge) last year, but there is no way of knowing. :frown:
at least you get to choose which to compare it to even if a bad one comes up though :smile:

Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the English study help forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:

Probably Tissue, Checking out me history, London or the emigreee!!!
Reply 5
Original post by HettiBetti
Probably Tissue, Checking out me history, London or the emigreee!!!

Thanks!
Thanks!

Make sure you revise the others these are only a prediction!!! I am bad at English!!!
Reply 7
Original post by HettiBetti
Make sure you revise the others these are only a prediction!!! I am bad at English!!!

Me too 😭😂
Me too 😭😂

Welcome to the team..Girl!!!
Reply 9
it wont be tissue because it is a level 9 poem and it wont be easily interpreted by level 1 students because we dont have tiers anymore the poems have to be for everyone for level 1 to level 9. its a blessing in disguise also in my opinion from looking at the figures it would be my last duchess and best paired with Ozymandias due to the fact that they both have not been on any practice or sample papers also they are both reasonably easy to interpret
Can't be ozymandias that was the specimen paper
Original post by josht20
it wont be tissue because it is a level 9 poem and it wont be easily interpreted by level 1 students because we dont have tiers anymore the poems have to be for everyone for level 1 to level 9. its a blessing in disguise also in my opinion from looking at the figures it would be my last duchess and best paired with Ozymandias due to the fact that they both have not been on any practice or sample papers also they are both reasonably easy to interpret

What was the poem in last year's GCSEs?
Original post by George.c
What was the poem in last year's GCSEs?

Bayonet charge for AQA
Bayonet charge for AQA

Thanks. Do you reckon Ozymandias or London would come up for AQA on Friday
Original post by George.c
Thanks. Do you reckon Ozymandias or London would come up for AQA on Friday

Not ozymandias I don't think because it came up in the specimen paper. But there's a good chance it could be London. I have no idea though so obviously revise everything!
The specimen paper was made 4 years ago so ozymandias could come up
It would be nice if Exposure would come up, or even Kamikaze as those poems are nice and easy to compare
Reply 17
It is highly unlikely to be Bayonet Charge, but could be anything, a little more likely to be a power poem though.
How are people comparing the poems? Are you just going to do it in the exam because I'm just comparing all of them to either Ozy or Remains and them doing tissue or kamikaze if its one of them.
HI guys, i know some of you are stressing to what might come on the exam, ill tell you now that prelude, Tissues or kamikaze, it would probably poppies or remains maybe charge of the light Brigade, you never know. Just revise all, just in case, i am not the godist, XD please don't relay on this, but i know it can't be tissues. Bye, and best of luck for Friday :smile:
HI guys, i know some of you are stressing to what might come on the exam, ill tell you now that prelude, Tissues or kamikaze might not come up , it would probably poppies or remains maybe charge of the light Brigade, you never know. Just revise all, just in case, i am not the godist, XD please don't relay on this, but i know it can't be tissues. Bye, and best of luck for Friday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending