The Student Room Group

Struggling to find a high quality course in English outside UK or US.

Hi guys.

I'm looking online at the universities, so I searched around the world, mostly in Europe, where I can find good quality courses in english that have a "decent" position in the QS rankings.

I found lots of courses in English, especially in Germany, but the university I found are not better then the one I have where I live.
In this case there is not reason to spend money and invest in something that I can already have here.

The best thing I found is the Tu Delft, that have a very good position in the QS rankings, but unfortunately only the course in CS is in english.

So I'm asking if you know a good university that have courses in english outside Uk or US.

Thanks for the help.
WiSi

Scroll to see replies

Aren't the English speaking countries logically the best place to study English?
Reply 2
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Aren't the English speaking countries logically the best place to study English?

Yes but they have very high tuition fees.
Original post by WiSi

I don't think this is a problem you can avoid.

QS is dominated by British and American universities - the other ones on it are European (mainland) and Asian and don't offer courses in English (except for clinical ones mostly).

There's Open University that you could use, then use the module credits to transfer to an institution to save some money
Reply 4
Original post by Kyber Ninja
I don't think this is a problem you can avoid.

QS is dominated by British and American universities - the other ones on it are European (mainland) and Asian and don't offer courses in English (except for clinical ones mostly).

There's Open University that you could use, then use the module credits to transfer to an institution to save some money

I know that QS is dominated by UK or US but I hoped that there were others alternatives to join a university that is at least in the top 200.

Thanks
WiSi
Reply 5
The one I found weren't in the QS ranking.
Reply 6
try stockholm university
Reply 7
Original post by sueright
try stockholm university

I searched, it have only 4 degree in english, and are about latin culture.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Original post by WiSi
I know that QS is dominated by UK or US but I hoped that there were others alternatives to join a university that is at least in the top 200.

Thanks
WiSi

Canada? Australia? Hong Kong? Singapore?
Reply 9
Original post by zero_gravity
Canada? Australia? Hong Kong? Singapore?

Canta and Australia are more expensive then UK.
Original post by WiSi
Canta and Australia are more expensive then UK.

Well, studying outside of the UK would be expensive. In that case, you might as well stay in the UK, or find somewhere with cheaper tuition, like the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Finland, or Norway.
Reply 11
Original post by zero_gravity
Well, studying outside of the UK would be expensive. In that case, you might as well stay in the UK, or find somewhere with cheaper tuition, like the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Finland, or Norway.

I'm not from UK dude.
Reply 12
Anyway, does someone know a web site that collect all the course taught in english in France?

Thanks.
The Netherlands has many high quality ones offering courses in English

Amsterdam, Rotterdam etc.

Also, are you from the EU? If so, You shouldn’t worry about tuition fees that much as you’ll get a loan that you pay back as,effectively, a graduate tax and it’s written off after 30 years.
Original post by WiSi
Hi guys.

I'm looking online at the universities, so I searched around the world, mostly in Europe, where I can find good quality courses in english that have a "decent" position in the QS rankings.

I found lots of courses in English, especially in Germany, but the university I found are not better then the one I have where I live.
In this case there is not reason to spend money and invest in something that I can already have here.

The best thing I found is the Tu Delft, that have a very good position in the QS rankings, but unfortunately only the course in CS is in english.

So I'm asking if you know a good university that have courses in english outside Uk or US.

Thanks for the help.
WiSi

What course/ subject are you looking to take?
Reply 15
Original post by Thomazo
The Netherlands has many high quality ones offering courses in English

Amsterdam, Rotterdam etc.

Also, are you from the EU? If so, You shouldn’t worry about tuition fees that much as you’ll get a loan that you pay back as,effectively, a graduate tax and it’s written off after 30 years.

I'm from EU.
I watched in Netherland, I found the Tu Delft, but they have only a course in CS in english.
Obviously I'm talking about the bachelor's degree.
Original post by WiSi
I'm from EU.
I watched in Netherland, I found the Tu Delft, but they have only a course in CS in english.

you could study medicine in English in Italy. Or if you are a genius try computer science at the IIT Bangalore.
Original post by WiSi

Do not focus on rankings, they mean nothing.

What's wrong with staying where you are?:smile:
Original post by WiSi
As someone else said, difficult to avoid.
Original post by WiSi
I'm from EU.

http://www.uva.nl/en/education/bachelor-s/bachelor-s-programmes/bachelor-s-programmes.html
Reply 19
Original post by 04MR17
Do not focus on rankings, they mean nothing.

What's wrong with staying where you are?:smile:
As someone else said, difficult to avoid.

The ranks counts, only as a public opinion.
I think a person can be great only by his own, by you can0t deny that a good university name is a good brand.

Anyway I don't like job opportunities of were I actually live, there are very low salaries, and I would like to be independent at 30 years old, and not live with my parent as 70% of people here do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending