The Student Room Group

When do you think older music will become irrelevant?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Baza2002
He is...

lmao
Reply 21
I'm not arsed anyway. Over-reliance on the past is never good.
Original post by Wilfred Little
He won't for a long time but you say it like he's some music God lol.

He was and perceived to be by music critics, argue against it all you like, it matters not a jot
It will become irrelevant when I say so :angry:

Spoiler

I'll tell you when..

when this generation of "I was born in the wrong generation" high waisted jean wearing fjallraven kanken totinneed g "creative arts" hipsters gets older.
only then will we stray away from listening to older music, I mean seriously this stuff will be like 100 years old it'll be like what wagner is now and everyone will be sitting around like "hey you remember that music from the good old days" and stuff whilst re-enactment groups make terrible "student films" wearing high waisted jeans carrying their ridiculously expensive cameras around in their fjallraven kanken which they think is so cute and "retro" but actually was designed for swedish school children. Only then will all that stuff be played in classic fm.
In the future
Original post by SMEGGGY
He was and perceived to be by music critics, argue against it all you like, it matters not a jot

Na.
Na.

Blah blah Prince my ****ing arse
Today's music is very different from Mozart's days but I see the Classical Prince is still moving major units
Original post by SMEGGGY
Blah blah Prince my ****ing arse

Based on music why do you think MJ is so good?
Based on music why do you think MJ is so good?

Self explanatory. Google it don't have the time to repeat what has been said before about him. You'll say the opposite regardless, ok you're not a fan nobody is trying to convert you.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Self explanatory. Google it don't have the time to repeat what has been said before about him. You'll say the opposite regardless, ok you're not a fan nobody is trying to convert you.

It's not self explanatory.

I'm not Googling either, if you disagree use your own words and stop being lazy.
It's not self explanatory.

I'm not Googling either, if you disagree use your own words and stop being lazy.

NO 😡 😡
Original post by the bear
all of the so called "wrap" music and "reggie" and "hip pop" will be forgotten by 2050.

Oh yes. I really quite despise “wrap” music. “Hip pop” is something I absolutely detest. Don’t even get me started on “reggie”.
A lot of music that is produced for the charts is considered way more disposable now then it was in the times mentioned at the start of this thread. Yes that's a very general statement but the majority of the music industry is based on quick results (as much money in the shortest amount of time). In years gone by, a label would invest in a band/act and help them develop, now acts get dropped all the time. Although production techniques have significantly developed, a lot of music is far simpler and less "musical" (in a traditional sense). I think another factor in this is originality, I think originality is very close to it's end (as depressing as that sounds) so when these songs in the 50s/onwards came out, they genuinely were original and in some cases ground breaking where as that effect is rare now. I guess only time knows what songs will be around in the next 10 years, let alone the next 50 to 100 years...
Look, the majority of music sounds shite today - a lot of the songs in the chart seem completely over produced with no soul in them - music is now a business and it never ever should be.

Well... the money is good but shouldn’t be the goal.
all of the so called "wrap" music and "reggie" and "hip pop" will be forgotten by 2050.

I love "wrap" music. Will be a shame to see it die.
(edited 6 years ago)

Anyone that likes wrap music is one sandwich short of a picnic.
Some music is referred to as "timeless" meaning it never gets "old".
Original post by Good bloke
Anyone that likes wrap music is one sandwich short of a picnic.

say what you like about Val Doonican, but you could understand what he was singing :shakecane:

Quick Reply

Latest