The Student Room Group

A level choices

I am currently in y11 planning to take the following a levels:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry

I am concerned since i only got an 8 in my maths mock, and i need a 9 for FM. I also only got a 7 in Chem and a 6 in bio and my school requires a 7 at gcse to take a subject at a level. However i am passionate about the maths and sciences and enjoy revising them much more than anything else

My mock results
maths 8
bio 5
chem7
phy6
german7
french6
geog6
eng lit 8
eng lang 8
drama 5

note: although i did pretty well in english i find it extremely boring (i did no revision for the mocks because of this) but it seems that it is my strong point

If u have any advice for what i should take pls reply.
Hmm you should take what you enjoy. If you have a passion for the sciences and maths then take them, your grades aren’t bad. I’m taking chemistry next year and I only got a 7 mock result so don’t worry about that. Good luck deciding
Original post by ivandunnachie
I am currently in y11 planning to take the following a levels:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry

I am concerned since i only got an 8 in my maths mock, and i need a 9 for FM. I also only got a 7 in Chem and a 6 in bio and my school requires a 7 at gcse to take a subject at a level. However i am passionate about the maths and sciences and enjoy revising them much more than anything else

My mock results
maths 8
bio 5
chem7
phy6
german7
french6
geog6
eng lit 8
eng lang 8
drama 5

note: although i did pretty well in english i find it extremely boring (i did no revision for the mocks because of this) but it seems that it is my strong point

If u have any advice for what i should take pls reply.

my only comment is WOAH you have FABULOUS mock grades how the heck did u revise or what kind of teachers do you have!
I think you can do any subject at a level if your school doenst let u go to a different one
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zahra_2001
my only comment is WOAH you have FABULOUS mock grades how the heck did u revise or what kind of teachers do you have!
I think you can do any subject at a level if your school doenst let u go to a different one

Thanks. I revised a couple hours a day for my mocks from a month b4 my exams. I go to a grammar school tho so i have yo get 6 7s to stay on at 6th form
Original post by bluemuffin
Hmm you should take what you enjoy. If you have a passion for the sciences and maths then take them, your grades aren’t bad. I’m taking chemistry next year and I only got a 7 mock result so don’t worry about that. Good luck deciding

Thanks
is a nine in maths a requirement for further maths :redface: it's a seven everywhere I've applied (including grammar school sixth forms)
Original post by louisaharkness
is a nine in maths a requirement for further maths :redface: it's a seven everywhere I've applied (including grammar school sixth forms)

In my school (latymer) our teachers say we need a 9 to guarantee a place on further maths
wow! I think I'd be in trouble then.
wow! I think I'd be in trouble then.

what did you get in your mock?
a 7 in my first and 60/80 in my second
a 7 in my first and 60/80 in my second

if u study hard u can get a 9

Quick Reply

Latest