The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

omg omg ive bee considering this

tell me what products did you use? and in what order?
Reply 2
I only use Korean sheet masks atm and I absolutely love them. I want to start a routine but there's so many products I don't know where to start :colondollar:

What do you use?
Original post by Charlotte's Web
I started a 10 step Korean skincare routine about a month ago and the change in my skin has been absolutely phenomenal. I used to have rosacea which is pretty much gone, and I have much fewer spots. I don't do all 10 steps every day, but I do take a bit more time to look after my skin and it has definitely paid off.

Does anyone else like Korean skincare? It would be great to have a group of people for advice on products etc. :smile:

Ooh you have to let me know more! I've always had trouble with rosacea which I've tried a few different products to get rid of, but never had any success. The weather has been reeeeaally drying out my skin too, so I'm desperate to find something
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Ooh you have to let me know more! I've always had trouble with rosacea which I've tried a few different products to get rid of, but never had any success. The weather has been reeeeaally drying out my skin too, so I'm desperate to find something

I was very dry and flaky and also very oily but much of that is sorted now, as long as I keep to my routine. There's lots of emphasis on choosing products for their active ingredients and considering what they will actually do for your skin which I like, as well as double-cleansing and lots of fun masks.

This site explains it pretty well:
https://buttermilkskincare.com/ten-step-korean-skincare-routine-uk/

There are 10 steps but you don't need to do them all twice a day, it's just as and when you need them. I'm lazy af, and it takes me less than 10 minutes on a night to do the lot.
Original post by sundae
I only use Korean sheet masks atm and I absolutely love them. I want to start a routine but there's so many products I don't know where to start :colondollar:

What do you use?

Original post by justanotherchica
omg omg ive bee considering this

tell me what products did you use? and in what order?

I'm currently using:
1. The Face Shop Rice Water Bright cleansing oil
2. Any sort of foaming cleanser, currently Soap and Glory vitamin C facial wash
3. Etude House Wonder Pore toner
4. Skinfood Black Sugar Honey Mask (physical exfoliation) or Cosrx AHA Whitehead Power Lotion (chemical exfoliation)
5. Sheet masks twice a week, sometimes Korean, sometimes just normal ones
6. Elizavecca Hell Pore Control Hyaluronic Acid 97%
7. The Yeon Jeju Canola Honey Serum
8. Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
9. Secret Key Iceland Hyaluron Soothing Gel (kept in the fridge)
10. Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Mask (a couple of times a week), Aritaum Ginger Sugar Lip Overnight Mask

I have a few other bits and pieces I sub in occasionally but these are the things I use regularly. I find there's a lot of testing out required and trial and error to find the things that work but generally I've only tried one or two products I wouldn't buy again.

It can be quite overwhelming but once you figure out the principles behind it, it's simple enough. Really the principles are double cleansing (oil cleanser first to remove makeup and sebum), toning, exfoliating, actives (anything with an active ingredient e.g. acids, vitamin C), serums, and moisturising.
I’ve just stated a new skin care programme and I’m in the horrible ‘purge’ stage when it’s clearint EVERYTHING out haha just need to persevere even though I look a show currently lol x
omg I love everything about korea XD and I love kbeauty and rly want to try the 10 step skin care routine but have no time and not enough money to experiment with different products lol
I went to a Korean nail bar with my FWB the other week and decided to get my brows threaded on the spur, God those women are f***ing lethal :zomg: Pure pain.
Original post by Supernova36
I’ve just stated a new skin care programme and I’m in the horrible ‘purge’ stage when it’s clearint EVERYTHING out haha just need to persevere even though I look a show currently lol x

Oh noooo! That's the worst. I had a break for a few days because I was feeling lazy but I'm paying for it now. The closer I look at my skin, the more tiny spots I see. There's definitely something satisfying about getting all of that crap out of your skin though.

Original post by Zahra_2001
omg I love everything about korea XD and I love kbeauty and rly want to try the 10 step skin care routine but have no time and not enough money to experiment with different products lol

Honestly, mine takes me about 2 minutes in the morning and 5-10 minutes on an evening so it's not too bad. The initial cost is high but at least once you have the stuff it lasts a while and you just need to top up. It's actually better if you buy things one at a time so you can see whether they are effective or not.

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I went to a Korean nail bar with my FWB the other week and decided to get my brows threaded on the spur, God those women are f***ing lethal :zomg: Pure pain.

Wimp. :lol:
My entire routine is a 10-step Korean skincare routine. I started Korean skincare when I was 16 (I'm 24 now) and absolutely love the process.

My skincare routine is as so:

My skin is combination oily which is acne prone, prone to scarring and is sensitive.

AM
CosRx PH Morning Cleanser
Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid (sometimes)
Missha Time Revolution First Essence
Wishtrend 21.5 Vitamin C Serum
The Ordinary Niacinamide mixed with Benton Snail Bee Essence
One drop of pomegranate seed oil massaged into under eye area with Benton Fermentation Eye Cream massaged on top
The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisturising Emulsion
Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream
La Roche-Posay 50+ sunscreen (bought it for convenience and don't like it. I prefer the Missha All Around sunblock)

PM
Heimish All Clean Cleansing Balm
CosRx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner or Rosewater Toner if I'm going to use an acid that night
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion
(The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA (if using Rosewater as a toner))
Secret Key Multi Cell Night Repair Ampoule mixed with The Ordinary Niacinamide or a facial oil
(The Ordinary Reservatrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (if using Rosewater as a toner and haven't used another acid) )
One drop of pomegranate seed oil massaged into under eye area with Benton Fermentation Eye Cream massaged on top

Every Sunday I shave my entire face too as another form of exfoliation which does wonders for my overall skin texture and brightness.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Supernova36

Are you sure you're "purging" as you say or having a reaction? What have you started using because you may be damaging your skin depending on what it is you are using.
Original post by iAngely
My entire routine is a 10-step Korean skincare routine. I started Korean skincare when I was 16 (I'm 24 now) and absolutely love the process.

My skincare routine is as so:

My skin is combination oily which is acne prone, prone to scarring and is sensitive.

AM
Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid (sometimes)
Wishtrend 21.5 Vitamin C Serum
The Ordinary Niacinamide mixed with Benton Snail Bee Essence
La Roche-Posay 50+ sunscreen (bought it for convenience and don't like it. I prefer the Missha All Around sunblock)

PM
Heimish All Clean Cleansing Balm
CosRx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner or Rosewater Toner if I'm going to use an acid that night
The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion
(The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA or The Ordinary Reservatrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% (if using Rosewater as a toner))
Secret Key Multi Cell Night Repair Ampoule mixed with The Ordinary Niacinamide or a facial oil

Every Sunday I shave my entire face too as another form of exfoliation which does wonders for my overall skin texture and brightness.

I've ordered Retinol, Vitamin C, BHA and Azelaic Acid to add to my routine (not all at once of course). I'm glad you shared this, it's helpful for me to see where they fit into your routine as the information online can be really confusing, especially around Vitamin C and Retinol.

I also feel like I must try the Heimish All Clean Balm as everyone seems to be using it, as with the Time Revolution range.
I've ordered Retinol, Vitamin C, BHA and Azelaic Acid to add to my routine (not all at once of course). I'm glad you shared this, it's helpful for me to see where they fit into your routine as the information online can be really confusing, especially around Vitamin C and Retinol.

I also feel like I must try the Heimish All Clean Balm as everyone seems to be using it, as with the Time Revolution range.

Vitamin C should be used in the morning with suncreen because they are a power couple when paired together. Do not use AHA's when using Vitamin C because it will cancel each other out. My vitamin C serum is watery in texture which is why I use it earlier in my routine but if yours is suspended in another ingredient or is thicker in texture you may have to slide it later into your routine.

The Time Revolution range is pretty good but I recently bought Tony Moly's Galactomyces Lite Essence which I am hoping will work better because it has more yeast extracts compared to Missha's version; so I'm hoping it will act like the SK-II Treatment Essence.

I personally like to use the Heimish All Clean Balm because it is lighter in texture, and since I don't wear heavy makeup or any makeup at all, it works perfectly for me. If you wear a lot of makeup and like thicker balms then the Moringa Cleansing Balm from Emma Hardie is supposed to be really, really good.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm glad westerners are using eastern skincare hehe
Wimp. :lol:

true
I was very dry and flaky and also very oily but much of that is sorted now, as long as I keep to my routine. There's lots of emphasis on choosing products for their active ingredients and considering what they will actually do for your skin which I like, as well as double-cleansing and lots of fun masks.

This site explains it pretty well:
https://buttermilkskincare.com/ten-step-korean-skincare-routine-uk/

There are 10 steps but you don't need to do them all twice a day, it's just as and when you need them. I'm lazy af, and it takes me less than 10 minutes on a night to do the lot.

This is so helpful - thank you so much. Definitely gonna try and get myself into a good routine
Korean skincare products definitely helped with my skin although it takes quite a long time. I didn't want to commit to the 10-step korean skin care since I was afraid of piling up loads of products that may eventually ruin my skin barrier.

Some of the Korean skincare products i use in my routine include:
1. Cosrx Snail Mucin Essence
2. Cosrx BHA Skin Returning Asol
3. Holika Holika Aloe Vera Gel

3. Etude House Wonder Pore toner

What's the toner like? I've got the face wash which I use and it feels so minty whenever I use it in the shower LOL

Original post by sundae

What do you use?

I love the mediheal masks. I wanted to buy the green tea one and try it but they didn't have it in stock when I ordered a whole batch online and have been lazy to order since D:
Hey,

I have always wanted to try out Korean Beauty Products, but I have always found them to be too expensive and I have really acne prone skin that leaves scars for ages. I was wondering since you all have tried it out for quite some time could help me:

1. How often do you break out using the Korean Skincare Routine.
2. Has it helped with scarring at all?
3. In your thinking, is the price really expensive or okay? Should I invest in it?

Thanks in advance.

Latest