The Student Room Group

On the road to 9s and A*A* Maths/FM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Water
Oh my God I feel so sorry for you. May God bless your soul. I go to sleep at like 11pm and can barely wake up at 6:30am for school.

I will do. :smile: The one that I bought came with FIFA 18 but I also bought Black Ops 3 and 4 Modern Warefare Remastered. Also, do you mind me asking if you’re a Muslim?

Ah lucky you get a lot of sleep! :smile:

Oh those are good games - I used to love COD and FIFA few years back. Yeah I don't mind - I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious.
Yeah it is pretty much destruction but for some, exam practice is important to getting high 220s+ (if they don't like Maths) so I gave every resource I knew xD
Yeah I suppose they do which is why I'm trying to take as much pure as I can (I have to do applied in old spec :/ ) so I'm taking FP3 but my mechanics isn't as good as my stats so I may go there but you're right I suppose.
Reply 203
Original post by thekidwhogames
Ah lucky you get a lot of sleep! :smile:

Oh those are good games - I used to love COD and FIFA few years back. Yeah I don't mind - I'm Muslim but I'm not that religious.

Yeah but that sleep never seems to be enough for some reason.

Yeah. I also used to play COD a lot when I was younger. I was quite good at it, but then I just stopped for some reason. I’m currently watching The Punisher, have you seen it? :smile: Same here, but I should be more religious in all fairness.
When I did my GCSE, I didn't even know about the existence of problem-solving or competition Maths xD I did most of the stuff there (but not the worksheets as they're repetitive) which helped me to get a particularly high score in my December mocks in Maths but now I realised Olympiad Maths training all year around (for IMOK and solving BMO1-BMO2 problems) is way better!!
Yeah but that sleep never seems to be enough for some reason.

Yeah. I also used to play COD a lot when I was younger. I was quite good at it, but then I just stopped for some reason. I’m currently watching The Punisher, have you seen it? :smile: Same here, but I should be more religious in all fairness.

Yeah, I binged the Punisher - amazing watch!! COD was amazing back in the day. Same but i don't know sometimes I think we as humans lack enough knowledge to acknowledge or dismiss religion so it's rational to not be too active in either direction of the argument.
Your grades are so good and well done for working so hard for them. How do you do so well in English? I think its toughest subject and i only manage to get a grade 5/6
When I did my GCSE, I didn't even know about the existence of problem-solving or competition Maths xD I did most of the stuff there (but not the worksheets as they're repetitive) which helped me to get a particularly high score in my December mocks in Maths but now I realised Olympiad Maths training all year around (for IMOK and solving BMO1-BMO2 problems) is way better!!

yea lol i grinded pure maths last year and you did for the past few years. We just didn't really value UKMT challenges. I wish we were introduced it early in year 7. We literally started proper problem solving 9 months ago.
Reply 208
Yeah, I binged the Punisher - amazing watch!! COD was amazing back in the day. Same but i don't know sometimes I think we as humans lack enough knowledge to acknowledge or dismiss religion so it's rational to not be too active in either direction of the argument.

I’m currently watching episode 4 and so far it’s really good. :smile: Back in the day when you had a problem with someone it would be solved with a 1v1 on Rust lol. Yeah I get what you mean, but ah the end of the day we’ll be asked how much we’ve remembered God.
Thanks for that link! I saw it a few weeks ago and I was solving some problems from there but lost the link! I'll use it for some extra practice after GCSEs for next year's BMO season.
Original post by skits267
Your grades are so good and well done for working so hard for them. How do you do so well in English? I think its toughest subject and i only manage to get a grade 5/6

I think Language is a lot easier. I watch mr bruff and try to analyse word classes and verbs and effect, etc.
Original post by THEGAMECRUSHER
yea lol i grinded pure maths last year and you did for the past few years. We just didn't really value UKMT challenges. I wish we were introduced it early in year 7. We literally started proper problem solving 9 months ago.

Yeah we just focused on pure Maths and school Maths when we should've been doing Olympiad Maths since year 7. We started it in year 10 :angry:
I’m currently watching episode 4 and so far it’s really good. :smile: Back in the day when you had a problem with someone it would be solved with a 1v1 on Rust lol. Yeah I get what you mean, but ah the end of the day we’ll be asked how much we’ve remembered God.

Yeah it's amazing! Would love for season 1 to drop! Rust uno xD Yeah but I think a good person can go heaven regardless if you get what I mean
Reply 213
Yeah it's amazing! Would love for season 1 to drop! Rust uno xD Yeah but I think a good person can go heaven regardless if you get what I mean

Season 1? Does The Punisher only have one season? Yeah that’s true, eventually everyone will get the chance but it’s a matter of how quick.
Season 1? Does The Punisher only have one season? Yeah that’s true, eventually everyone will get the chance but it’s a matter of how quick.

I think a second is confirmed but I don't know when it's dropping - this year? Yeah that's true.
Reply 215
I think a second is confirmed but I don't know when it's dropping - this year? Yeah that's true.

Ohh right. I thought it would have been longer, but I guess it’s one of those Netflix Originals where it’s a short one. It’s really good though, it deserves to go on longer. :smile:
Ohh right. I thought it would have been longer, but I guess it’s one of those Netflix Originals where it’s a short one. It’s really good though, it deserves to go on longer. :smile:

Yeah it does - ending was mad!
Original post by Muzeah
Watch out guys we have a bangout over here

jealous like me
Reply 218
Yeah it does - ending was mad!

Thanks for that. :smile: I’m looking forward to the ending even more!
Well, my school just messed up everything.

Update:
- will be taking new spec A level Maths this year (gotta learn it for a mock in 9 days :/)
- won't be taking A level FM this year; new spec isn't available so I will take the new spec (all pure content only, no applied) exam next year without going to the lessons

- got the Physics Olympiad tomorrow
- Maclaurin on thursday
- have science, English, french, computing exams but didn't start any of them due to Maths - rip

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending