The Student Room Group

Question for Muslim girls

Scroll to see replies

Waslaams, sis, if you are talking about Qudoori Shareef that's in Arabic but you can get the English version too nowadays. Alhamdulliah.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
I would advise you to look this up in Qudoori Shareef, it will explain it better and save me time in writing it up again.

Bear in mind, it does conflict opinions all for good reasoning of course.

All the best.
Well, Misz I am really disillusioned. Hey, It took me time to check and write all that up... common courtesy would be to engage with my Islamic arguments

if that's the problem, forget about the 7 pounds 50. I was just joking

best
Original post by mariachi
Well, Misz I am really disillusioned. Hey, It took me time to check and write all that up... common courtesy would be to engage with my Islamic arguments

if that's the problem, forget about the 7 pounds 50. I was just joking

best

I appreciate it however like I have mentioned to you countless of times before, I do not use websites for research or study purposes.

I would like to engage in the discussion however I am time limited so I cannot go into lengthy discussions.

If you do wish you are more than welcome to check Qudoori Shareef it will answer your 'curiosity'
Original post by howitoughttobe
1) Muslims have to marry within their own religion

2) It's frowned upon in Islam to marry someone of a different race

3) Women have to cover themselves but men can wear pretty much whatever they like

4) Women are expected to be homemakers

5) Women are owned by their father, until they marry then they are owned by their husband

6) In Islam a man is permitted to beat his wife

7) Sex before marriage is haram

8) Honour killings

9) The concept of halal meat

10) Circumcision

Those are literally just a few examples off the top of my head, there's plenty more but I don't have all day to list them.

Nope. Religion goes against the very concept of peace I'm afraid.

1) Islam accepts other religions, as people of other religions just like Muslims are trying to find their way to the truth, which Allah cannot punish. We as Muslims are encouraged to marry within the religion, or Jews and christians, but that isn't to say we hate or are intoleratant of other religions.

2) There's several passages in the Qu'ran about racism, discrimination and about how all cultures are welcomed in Islam.

3) women don't have to cover themselves. nowhere in the qu'ran does it state to wear a hijab, niqab, etc. Women in islam choose to, to feel liberated. It is a choice. Women are encouraged to respect their bodies, men have no right to to see our outer beauty before our inner.

4) women are not expected to be homemakers! So many Imams and Prophets wanted the best for women, including their changing roles and education and jobs. Feminism is huge, and if we choose to be homemakers its our choice. its just as valid as choosing to go to university, or work in economics, or law, or anything else.

5) The qu'ran shows we must listen and respect our parents, but that doesn't mean they can abuse us. I don't even want to defend this, read the story of Muhammad and Fatimah.

6) Not even going to dignify this with a response.

7) Sex before marriage is haram yes. I dont understand why this is backwards to be honest...many religions state this is sinful, because procreation was made to have kids, with we believe should occur within a stable and committed relationship. (i dont judge those who do it before marriage, or those who have kids without being married, and i dont think a committed relationship is only a married one, its just more stable legally and financially).

8) https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/jonathan-brown/islam-is-not-the-cause-of-honor-killings-its-part-of-the-solution/

9) dont know why this is backwards, there's a reason some foods are haram and others are halal.

10) many secular men do this, this isn't backwards or only Islam-orientated.
Original post by Sufyaan65
Assalalkum sisters, I have a special offer for all of you. Me. I am an Afghani-Kashmiri individual that holds the one and only...British passport.

So if you have any peng cousins that can't get Student Visa, shoot me a message. There's only 4 spaces to be one of my wives, only accepting cuties I don't do burka-suprises.

Hahaha I'm just joking guys, I'm actually willing to have more than 4 wives.

You ok?
Singlemuslims.com lmao
Original post by anonymous1231231
1) Islam accepts other religions, as people of other religions just like Muslims are trying to find their way to the truth, which Allah cannot punish. We as Muslims are encouraged to marry within the religion, or Jews and christians, but that isn't to say we hate or are intoleratant of other religions.

2) There's several passages in the Qu'ran about racism, discrimination and about how all cultures are welcomed in Islam.

3) women don't have to cover themselves. nowhere in the qu'ran does it state to wear a hijab, niqab, etc. Women in islam choose to, to feel liberated. It is a choice. Women are encouraged to respect their bodies, men have no right to to see our outer beauty before our inner.

4) women are not expected to be homemakers! So many Imams and Prophets wanted the best for women, including their changing roles and education and jobs. Feminism is huge, and if we choose to be homemakers its our choice. its just as valid as choosing to go to university, or work in economics, or law, or anything else.

5) The qu'ran shows we must listen and respect our parents, but that doesn't mean they can abuse us. I don't even want to defend this, read the story of Muhammad and Fatimah.

6) Not even going to dignify this with a response.

7) Sex before marriage is haram yes. I dont understand why this is backwards to be honest...many religions state this is sinful, because procreation was made to have kids, with we believe should occur within a stable and committed relationship. (i dont judge those who do it before marriage, or those who have kids without being married, and i dont think a committed relationship is only a married one, its just more stable legally and financially).

8) https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/jonathan-brown/islam-is-not-the-cause-of-honor-killings-its-part-of-the-solution/

9) dont know why this is backwards, there's a reason some foods are haram and others are halal.

10) many secular men do this, this isn't backwards or only Islam-orientated.

You might want to re-check point 3 again.
I think that Misz is talking about this well known book of hanafi jurisprudence https://www.emaanlibrary.com/book/mukhtasar-al-quduri-a-hanafi-fiqh/

but she is far too busy to engage with us... pity. When someone makes a claim on a public forum, one should bring proof, not simply point to a 180-page book

best

x
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
You ok?

Wow has society went so downhill that when I show generosity I get asked if I'm okay as if I'm a mental patient?

I'm just spreading the love, literally. I'm going to distribute it among the many wives I'll have.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean in terms of hair, in the Qu'ran it doesn't explicitly state we have to cover it.
Strange. This is not even the "Faith and Spirituality" section, so I don't see how calling Islam "backwards" when discussing relationships would not be acceptable. It does not imply any hate : it's just a position about a religion/ideology which has a considerable impact on our societies (and, quite obviously, on relationships).

If someone posts on an open forum, he/she should quite obviously expect to be confronted with opinions which are opposed to his/her own best

The post was irrelevant to this thread, if you want to be debate Islam then go elsewhere. On top no one asked for their opinion on what they think about Islam here, they clearly didn’t read OP so non constructive and off topic. There’s a reason why it was removed by mods.

Yeah sure tell the mods now if you have a problem instead of posting here.
I think that Misz is talking about this well known book of hanafi jurisprudence https://www.emaanlibrary.com/book/mukhtasar-al-quduri-a-hanafi-fiqh/

but she is far too busy to engage with us... pity. When someone makes a claim on a public forum, one should bring proof, not simply point to a 180-page book

best

The book itself is proof Sir. Just read it and you will find your answer.

What you are asking me to do is write the book again but on an online forum, because if you have not realised I have been referring from this book itself.

All the best sir.

best

Can you two go debate elsewhere? This is not the thread for this discussion.
Original post by anonymous1231231
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean in terms of hair, in the Qu'ran it doesn't explicitly state we have to cover it.

What's the purpose of the headscarf itself then if it does not 'explicitly' state it? The point here is its evident you haven't read the Holy Quraan, and even if you have you haven't read it correctly.

Your answer lies in the Holy Quraan itself.

But thank you for your explanation.
The book itself is proof Sir..
of course I will check it, and thanks for showing us where we could find it (sarcasm included) ... and now, tremble ! expect the worst ! (just joking : of course, all the

best)
of course I will check it, and thanks for showing us where we could find it (sarcasm included) ... and now, tremble ! expect the worst ! (just joking : of course, all the

best)

Your not funny.

Goodnight sir.
Original post by Anonymous
Can you two go debate elsewhere? This is not the thread for this discussion.
I'm sorry, but the issue of whether marrying a Non-Muslim automatically takes you out of Islam or not is highly topical for the relationship issue being discussed on this thread

best
I am 22 and I have had the traditional marriage proposals... but I have declined each time. And this is because I haven't really met anyone worthy, sure doctors, dentists and vets are great (my previous proposals) but I haven't thought about marriage yet, lol.

I am traveling once my degree is over, and I plan to get married when I met 'the one' if he exists, so no pressure on my side. I don't mind my parents setting me on dates to get to know someone but they have never expected me to marry someone after a day or two... in fact, my dad says I ought to 'halal date' someone for a year and then decide.

Not all of us have backward, and traditional families.
you are more than welcome to check Qudoori Shareef it will answer your 'curiosity'
Hello Misz

I have checked Quduri. This is what he says at pages 77-78 about prohibition of marriage by religion :

3.5 Prohibition by Religion

1. It is permissible [but disliked for a Muslim man] to marry women of the People of the Book, but it is not permissible to marry Zoroastrian women, nor idolatrous women.

2. It is permissible to marry Sabean women if they believe in a prophet and affirm a scripture, but if they worship the planets, and have no scripture, then it is not permissible to marry them

As far as I could tell, the book does not discuss the effects of a Muslim woman's marriage to an unbeliever at all
Best
(edited 6 years ago)
What's the purpose of the headscarf itself then if it does not 'explicitly' state it? The point here is its evident you haven't read the Holy Quraan, and even if you have you haven't read it correctly.

Your answer lies in the Holy Quraan itself.

But thank you for your explanation.

https://mubarakahibrahim.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/episode-5-the-quran-doesnt-say-wear-hijab/

im guessing youre a muslim woman, as am I. the point is were both believers and defending Islam. dont be disrespectful because u disagree.

Allah o hafiz, and assalamalaikum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending