The Student Room Group

if I get all the grades necessary, does one of my five uni choices have to accept me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Efron
When does clearing begin?

And does OU have 1 year courses because I believe they are the complete degree online.

Do they have classes you have to attend to as well?
Original post by Efron
When does clearing begin?

If you can't use Google to find that out then you're really not university material.
Reply 122
Original post by Glassapple
If you can't use Google to find that out then you're really not university material.

I did and it says undergraduate degrees, I want to see the exact course that PK was recommending for me.

A consistent theme on this thread, I'm sorry to say.

OP is just more used to researching in the library. If it's not on vellum of papyrus, it is not worth OP's time.
Original post by Efron
And does OU have 1 year courses because I believe they are the complete degree online.

Do they have classes you have to attend to as well?

Have you looked at the OU site? Might be an idea...

And; yes it has short courses, and attendence depends. Some (most) are entirely online.

You basically pay as you study. You don't have to complete a full degree.
Reply 126
Original post by Doonesbury
Have you looked at the OU site? Might be an idea...

And; yes it has short courses, and attendence depends. Some (most) are entirely online.

You basically pay as you study. You don't have to complete a full degree.

Thanks doonesbury
Original post by Efron
I did and it says undergraduate degrees, I want to see the exact course that PK was recommending for me.

PQ already linked you to the relevant modules in the OU Law course:

Original post by PQ
You would be better off getting distinctions across your Access credits and taking up some Open University Level 4 law modules (eg http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/details/w101 plus http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/details/w102 would give you the equivalent of the first year of the OU LLB QLD) alongside sitting GCSE English and Maths - starting as soon as possible after your Access course finishes. You're then applying with the Level 3 requirements for entry completed but with a plan to continue your progress (and back up your qualifications with GCSEs) during the year you're applying.
Reply 128

Thank you, you have done enough for me, I need not take any more of your precious time you put for me.
Original post by Notoriety
No.

Ok. Anyone think there are too many people applying to study law? :devil:
Reply 130
Original post by ageshallnot
Ok. Anyone think there are too many people applying to study law? :devil:

Too many people are but many drop out, the course is ****ing intense.
Original post by Efron
Too many people are but many drop out, the course is ****ing intense.

It is not intense. It's just boring. By which I mean people drop out because it's boring rather than the intensity.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 132
Original post by Notoriety
It is not intense. It's just boring.

No believe me it's intense, you gotta memorise a huge chunk of ****, in America they don't evan accept you to any law school until you have an undergraduate degree already, the fact that UK allows it paves the way for 18 year old students to study it and either drop out or not progress to the bar because they have been subject to mental rape for 3 years.
Original post by Efron
No believe me it's intense, you gotta memorise a huge chunk of ****, in America they don't evan accept you to any law school until you have an undergraduate degree already, the fact that UK allows it paves the way for 18 year old students to study it and either drop out or not progress to the bar because they have been subject to mental rape for 3 years.

You know many of the people advising you in this thread are either currently studying law at university, or are law graduates?

For the avoidance of doubt however IANAL.

And if you feel that way about the course why on earth do you want to study it?? Unless it's for the money... Please don't say it's for the money...........

Or the power....

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 134
You know many of the people advising you in this thread are either currently studying law at university, or are law graduates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say they weren't, I highly doubt some of them are but many may be yes.

But I know it's intense because my access course proves it and the drop out rate is hard, it's the hardest course in the world, that is a universal fact.

And if you feel that way about the course why on earth do you want to study it?? Unless it's for the money... Please don't say it's for the money...........

I was struggling to come up with a response ... which wasn't too braggy. Thank you very much for the interception!
Reply 136
Original post by Efron

But I know it's intense because my access course proves it and the drop out rate is high, it's the hardest course in the world, that is a universal fact.

Or the power....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like a challenge and lifelong security.
Original post by Efron

But I know it's intense because my access course proves it and the drop out rate is hard, it's the hardest course in the world, that is a universal fact.

As a second year law student, I can guarantee you, it is NOT the hardest course in the “world”.
People DO drop out because the course is generally boring to anyone who isn’t passionate about the subject.
Reply 138
Original post by katherine9609
As a second year law student, I can guarantee you, it is NOT the hardest course in the “world”.
People DO drop out because the course is generally boring to anyone who isn’t passionate about the subject.

Depends how your mind works, but in general the intensity and dilemma that a law student has to face is widely known regardless if says it's not.
Original post by Efron
Depends how your mind works, but in general the intensity and dilemma that a law student has to face is widely known regardless if says it's not.

So two law students are telling you that it is more boring than intense and you're still arguing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending