The Student Room Group

Possible to do a first class essay in less than 24 hours?

Hi,

I have an essay due tomorrow (well, Monday but I am traveling on Monday morning abroad) and it's 2500 words.

I am a third-year student - I have done a lot of reading, feel OKAY with the topic... my ideas are in my head but just writing right now is AWFUL.

So, I have taken my notes and placed them into word and printed this out to sort of know where to put things etc.

I have tried writing since Monday and honestly, just had a major brain block.

I usually get really stressed when an essay is due but right now I can't stop relaxing! Is it possible that I am f*ucked? Can I pull this off at a really high standard... it's worth 50...

Planning on writing a first draft up until 6am and then nap... wake up again to rewrite the whole thing (this is how I work), sound unrealistic?

I have A LOT of energy drinks with me lol.
Original post by RosieAppleLemon
Hi,

I have an essay due tomorrow (well, Monday but I am traveling on Monday morning abroad) and it's 2500 words.

I am a third-year student - I have done a lot of reading, feel OKAY with the topic... my ideas are in my head but just writing right now is AWFUL.

So, I have taken my notes and placed them into word and printed this out to sort of know where to put things etc.

I have tried writing since Monday and honestly, just had a major brain block.

I usually get really stressed when an essay is due but right now I can't stop relaxing! Is it possible that I am f*ucked? Can I pull this off at a really high standard... it's worth 50...

Planning on writing a first draft up until 6am and then nap... wake up again to rewrite the whole thing (this is how I work), sound unrealistic?

I have A LOT of energy drinks with me lol.

plan and execute. seriously just get it done. turn off your phone and devices then start working. don't stop working until it's done.

look, if i can learn and revise a GCSE subject the night before and get an A*, you can so do a 2500 word essay in les than 24 hours, that's a lot of time! just focus and get it done! you can do it man!
Original post by piamiahh
plan and execute. seriously just get it done. turn off your phone and devices then start working. don't stop working until it's done.

look, if i can learn and revise a GCSE subject the night before and get an A*, you can so do a 2500 word essay in les than 24 hours, that's a lot of time! just focus and get it done! you can do it man!

Hi, thanks for the reply but GCSE is very different to Uni, aha.
Reply 3
Yes but the longer you sit around waiting for replies, the less time you have. Get on with it :smile:
Hi, thanks for the reply but GCSE is very different to Uni, aha.

It is possible. Just organise your thoughts first, get them on paper in some form, and then stress about perfecting the essay format/expression.
Original post by UWS
Yes but the longer you sit around waiting for replies, the less time you have. Get on with it :smile:

I think I will start at one... haha.

No, but seriously - am I f*cked? I mean, one of my friends is starting hers now but she has done NO reading at all. I have 40 sources.
You can pull it off for sure , just knuckle down and focus ! I’m glad I’m not the only one who thrives off this pressure :laugh:. You’re plan seems reasonable just get your head down, good luck
Original post by Supernova36
You can pull it off for sure , just knuckle down and focus ! I’m glad I’m not the only one who thrives off this pressure :laugh:. You’re plan seems reasonable just get your head down, good luck

Haha, no I work best under pressure but I am not feeling the pressure yet and I am so annoyed!
Haha, no I work best under pressure but I am not feeling the pressure yet and I am so annoyed!

I mean , I can’t imagine how you’re not feeling it because it’s due so soon :laugh: . I’m allllmost as bad as you , but I’m doing a masters now and the word counts tend to be higher (and all due on the same day) so I can’t really afford to leave it but in the third year of my undergrad I did leave a big 5000 to do over one night and it was horrendous but I did it. Tryyyyy and make the most of this time you have , you’ll thank yourself afterwards.

If you have 40 sources and know the structure I think you’ll be able to bang it out quite quickly ! Again... good luck !
You've prepared with sources, that's the main bit. Shutting yourself in a room and hacking out 2.5k words with that preperation isn't too bad.

Doing it at a first class standard, not sure, didn't quite manage that level personally, but good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending