The Student Room Group

if I get all the grades necessary, does one of my five uni choices have to accept me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Efron
it's the hardest course in the world, that is a universal fact.

If it's a fact it can be proven.

Go on.
Reply 141
Original post by Notoriety
So two law students are telling you that it is more boring than intense and you're still arguing.

What is intensity may I ask? Intensity is when something is hard to get a grasp of thus losing your interest and being subject to boredom.

It's the same thing, nevertheless if you want to take them apart there still hurdles you have to face this becoming intense.

Law is is extremely difficult, type the hardest courses in the world and law will be number 1, the amount of books you have to read is mortifying.
Reply 142
Original post by Doonesbury
You know many of the people advising you in this thread are either currently studying law at university, or are law graduates?

For the avoidance of doubt however IANAL.

And if you feel that way about the course why on earth do you want to study it?? Unless it's for the money... Please don't say it's for the money...........

Or the power....

Posted from TSR Mobile

What makes you think I'm after power, lol
Original post by Efron
What is intensity may I ask? Intensity is when something is hard to get a grasp of thus losing your interest and being subject to boredom.

It's the same thing, nevertheless if you want to take them apart there still hurdles you have to face this becoming intense.

Law is is extremely difficult, type the hardest courses in the world and law will be number 1, the amount of books you have to read is mortifying.

I actually got World's 10 toughest golf courses. I don't play golf.

I spend most of my day Googling stuff related to law, so if your #1 is actually "law is really hard" then that tells you you need to get out more.
Original post by Efron
I like a challenge and lifelong security.

But not the challenge of looking up basic facts on the internet?
Original post by Efron

This:

Original post by Efron
I want to reach high ranks in the military so which one can grant me more power if I join, from the beginning and the long run

Keep digging, this is fun.
Reply 146
Everyone on this thread (except Doonesbury and PQ and a couple of other people which I thank soo much ) are idiots and a complete waste of time, as you have nothing better to do than discourage and extract negativity. To those people I say shame on you and get a life.

Have a nice life and see you later.
Reply 147
Oh yeah.
Original post by Efron
Oh yeah.

gd 1
I have no clue how some of you have managed to remain calm.

Efron, I personally would take up the advice of the person who said apply this year. You can view it as a practise run, so that you have more understanding about the UCAS process. If you end up of with a place it’s a bonus, if not then you have lost nothing and will be able to work on your application for next year.

I am not the most desirable student, in the terms of academia. I am 45 ish credits into my 60 credit course, with a mix of merits and distinctions, I’m also doing my Maths GCSE (I already have my English). Both have been made part of my conditions. However, I got places at every university I applied to (not law though) because I kept my choices realistic, made sure I’d be able to reach their minimum entry requirements and then worked on other areas to ensure that I was an exceptional applicant. Yes grades are important, but you can stand out from the crowd without doing an access course and 3 A-levels.

If you decide to do the OU course or one of the A-levels, then I would also use this time and the year of your application to do things that will make you different from other applicants.
Original post by Efron

This vvv

Original post by Efron
I want to reach high ranks in the military so which one can grant me more power if I join, from the beginning and the long run.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
This:

Ah you stole my line... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by Winner winner
I have no clue how some of you have managed to remain calm.

Efron, I personally would take up the advice of the person who said apply this year. You can view it as a practise run, so that you have more understanding about the UCAS process. If you end up of with a place it’s a bonus, if not then you have lost nothing and will be able to work on your application for next year.

I am not the most desirable student, in the terms of academia. I am 45 ish credits into my 60 credit course, with a mix of merits and distinctions, I’m also doing my Maths GCSE (I already have my English). Both have been made part of my conditions. However, I got places at every university I applied to (not law though) because I kept my choices realistic, made sure I’d be able to reach their minimum entry requirements and then worked on other areas to ensure that I was an exceptional applicant. Yes grades are important, but you can stand out from the crowd without doing an access course and 3 A-levels.

If you decide to do the OU course or one of the A-levels, then I would also use this time and the year of your application to do things that will make you different from other applicants.

I'm 20 years old and I've published a book, I was thinking about posting it to the universitys I want to get into as part of my assessment.
Original post by Efron
I'm 20 years old and I've published a book, I was thinking about posting it to the universitys I want to get into as part of my assessment.

Hopefully that will help them come to the correct decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Efron
I'm currently doing a six month intensive access course in law that finishes in August, if I finish that and then begin doing 3 A levels in college, one in English language, one in philosophy and one in Drama.

Do you think I have a good chance by using my access course as a predicted grade to my A levels, I've just turned 20 years old by the way.

If you've got an access course, is there a reason you're doing A-levels as well? An access course is good enough for most degrees, especially if it's in the subject you're applying for.

If you're doing 3 A-levels, it must be a two year course, so your tutors will use your first year results to predict your second year results. You'll have to list your access course on your application as well, though.
Original post by Efron
Everyone on this thread (except Doonesbury and PQ and a couple of other people which I thank soo much ) are idiots and a complete waste of time, as you have nothing better to do than discourage and extract negativity. To those people I say shame on you and get a life.

Have a nice life and see you later.

That's not fair I'm definitely an idiot :yes:
Original post by Efron

By assessment, do you mean when they look over your application?

As far as I know, you can't send extra material like that. You can mention it in a personal statement, of course. But given you're applying for law, and having a published book does not show an interest in law (unless it is about law), I wouldn't say it is all that relevant. If you have the word count to spare when you do get to writing your personal statement then by all means put it in.
Reply 157
Original post by Doonesbury
Ah you stole my line... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a question for you doonesbury, sorry for the hassle. As you seem like a smart and kid individual so I would like to ask you, I would kindly prefer for nobody else to answer except PQ if he/she so wishes.

But what is your opinion on the university one goes to, do you think a certain university will make your career and opportunities higher, especially if you want to become a barrister.

Do you think if one goes to Westminster then your chances of success in the legal field are severely reduced, or is it the same thing and that ones you graduate it will make a scrap of difference where you go to.

Some people say it doesn't make a difference at all as the course is the same, yet only if you go to Oxford you may get an initial push that's reasonably higher than that of others, but in the long run it doesn't matter at all.

But some say that you may succeed but will be severely reduced if you go to a university like Westminster.

Which side are you on?

Thank you again and I hope my questions haven't seemed childish as I assume that may be what you think of me by the hurd of questions I'm asking, but believe it or not you have helped me immensely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending