The Student Room Group

Despite all the alleged underprivilege it is rare to see a homeless POC

Why is that?

Instead they are nearly always white middle aged males with local accents, ex forces etc

Scroll to see replies

Despite all the attention by MRAs and nationalists, there seems to be very little being done about it, especially by these groups.
I dont understand how this links to privilege. To be homeless you must be pretty fked because there are so many housing benefits.
Most homeless are mentally ill
Where do you live?
Original post by loveleest
I dont understand how this links to privilege. To be homeless you must be pretty fked because there are so many housing benefits.

Such sympathy. Beautiful.

The government has severely cut housing benefits. Most people on the fringes of homelessness have now become homelesss

I live in Cardiff and the uprise in homelessness in recent years is startling. But yet you never hear it on the news.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Such sympathy. Beautiful.

I very much sympathise to the homeless. I have donated to homeless many times and worked in homeless charities so pls dont even start ****. thanks.
I very much sympathise to the homeless. I have donated to homeless many times and worked in homeless charities so pls dont even start ****. thanks.

ok.
I mean its surely the ultimate test of underprivilege surely, food and a roof. Instead there is no shortage of blacks, asians and women getting involved in vice/drugs/violence in clubs and bars (which is supposed to be a western/first world affliction after all).
Original post by SCIENCE :D
ok.

lol.
lol.

:wink:.
Original post by Waldorf67
The government has severely cut housing benefits. Most people on the fringes of homelessness have now become homelesss

I live in Cardiff and the uprise in homelessness in recent years is startling. But yet you never hear it on the news.

You do hear it on the news....but only ever as it affects women.

The BBC recently published an article on homelessness. In the article they break down the numbers of rough sleepers by gender...at no point in the report do they mention men. Instead they focus only on the 12% of female rough sleepers excluding the 88% of male rough sleepers. The article is based on a governmental report and the governmental report does the same thing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-38719087

We live in a female privileged, sexist, gynocentric country.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CookieButter
You do hear it on the news....but only ever as it affects women.

The BBC recently published an article on homelessness. In the article they break down the numbers of rough sleepers by gender...at no point in the report do they mention men. Instead they focus only on the 12% of female rough sleepers excluding the 88% of male rough sleepers. The article is based on a governmental report and the governmental report does the same thing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-38719087

We live in a female privileged, sexist, gynocentric country.

It honestly concerns me that a mind as sick and twisted, and Elliot Rogeresque as yours, could be working within the healthcare setting.

One can only hope you don’t/ didn’t pass your degree.
And part of that is down to cultural differences. White people in the West tend to be very individualistic, which can be a good thing but sometimes it can go too far. When I read stories about homeless people, they will often talk about how their family "couldn't help them" or how they "didn't want to be a burden". Blacks and Asians are less likely to let a family member sleep on the streets, just as they are less likely to put their parents in care homes or charge their children rent. There is more of a sense that family must look after one another.
Could be something to do with the fact that the population of the UK is made of mostly white people.
It is less common but it is not rare here.
Original post by yudothis
Despite all the attention by MRAs and nationalists, there seems to be very little being done about it, especially by these groups.

That's because, much like feminism and other social movements, MRAs spend most of their time bashing feminism (which it deserves) rather than actually spending time making a difference. Moreover, the MRA movement suffers from a lack of centralized leadership, making outward reach hard.
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
That's because, much like feminism and other social movements, MRAs spend most of their time bashing feminism (which it deserves) rather than actually spending time making a difference. Moreover, the MRA movement suffers from a lack of centralized leadership, making outward reach hard.

Or it's because they only bring it up to silence, and don't actually care.
Original post by Eunomia
And part of that is down to cultural differences. White people in the West tend to be very individualistic, which can be a good thing but sometimes it can go too far. When I read stories about homeless people, they will often talk about how their family "couldn't help them" or how they "didn't want to be a burden". Blacks and Asians are less likely to let a family member sleep on the streets, just as they are less likely to put their parents in care homes or charge their children rent. There is more of a sense that family must look after one another.

So why the need to keep trying to boost them in to various professions and all the various interest groups? Why not just leave them to it? I mean its not as if there are a shortage of asians at the BBC, in parliament or working as doctors, accountants etc...These people are the establishment.

The only disadvantaged backgrounds I can see in particular are white pensioners, ex soldiers, feral teens (Rotherham) and the like.
(edited 6 years ago)
Regardless of ethnicity, homelesseness is always self-inflicted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending