The Student Room Group

My application dilemma.

Hi, Student room. I have made my application to UCAS and gotten all my offers back, however, I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma. My top choice Russell group uni has offered me a really nice offer of ABB (their standard offer is AAA) so I'm really lucky. My second choice uni (also a Russell group) has given me an unconditional (which is conditional on the fact that I put them as first) I would have faith in myself to get the ABB grades (as so far I'm working at AAB) however I recently found out my exam timetable has 3 clashes on it. I was wondering what is the feasibility of accepting the unconditional and placing the ABB as my second choice and then if I get the ABB grades or higher rejecting the unconditional offer on acceptance day and accepting my second choice ABB offer? Is there any risk of losing my place by doing this?
if yoy have an unconditional and you accept it as a firm choice, you have to go to that one so yeah. Basically just your unconditional as your second they'd more than want you and 3 clashes isnt that bad, you'll have to do the exams back to back but then they're out the way
Original post by MDesfontaine
if yoy have an unconditional and you accept it as a firm choice, you have to go to that one so yeah. Basically, just your unconditional as your second they'd more than want you and 3 clashes isn't that bad, you'll have to do the exams back to back but then they're out the way

It's a tough choice I guess, I'm just worried I won't get the grades. Do you really think 3 clashes isn't that bad? I don't know what kind of study technique to use, to be honest.
Original post by PuerilePupil
It's a tough choice I guess, I'm just worried I won't get the grades. Do you really think 3 clashes isn't that bad? I don't know what kind of study technique to use, to be honest.

I mean the worst thing is you'll get hungry, constantly rotate the things you need to study, drip feeding all the infornation you need from each subject, you dont want just one to be perfec
Original post by PuerilePupil
Hi, Student room. I have made my application to UCAS and gotten all my offers back, however, I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma. My top choice Russell group uni has offered me a really nice offer of ABB (their standard offer is AAA) so I'm really lucky. My second choice uni (also a Russell group) has given me an unconditional (which is conditional on the fact that I put them as first) I would have faith in myself to get the ABB grades (as so far I'm working at AAB) however I recently found out my exam timetable has 3 clashes on it. I was wondering what is the feasibility of accepting the unconditional and placing the ABB as my second choice and then if I get the ABB grades or higher rejecting the unconditional offer on acceptance day and accepting my second choice ABB offer? Is there any risk of losing my place by doing this?

If you accept an unconditional as firm you simply don't have an insurance. If you then changed your mind on results day you would have to ring your firm, ask them to put you in clearing, then apply to your ABB via that route.
Original post by MDesfontaine
I mean the worst thing is you'll get hungry, constantly rotate the things you need to study, drip feeding all the infornation you need from each subject, you dont want just one to be perfec

Alright thanks :smile:
Original post by ageshallnot
If you accept an unconditional as firm you simply don't have an insurance. If you then changed your mind on results day you would have to ring your firm, ask them to put you in clearing, then apply to your ABB via that route.

Yea that doesn't sound fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending