The Student Room Group

not meeting the grades for a universitry course

Basically there is a university course which I want to do, but you need an A/7 in GCSE Maths to do it. I got a B in my maths exam however was 11 marks of the seven. Long story short, I was having a Hypoglycemia in the middle/towards the end of the exam but didn't tell any of the teachers/examiners as I don't like to make a fuss and I don't want to draw attention to my self. Is there anyway I can get into the course.
Reply 1
I think the best thing to do is phone or email the admissions department at the university, explain your situation, and ask what the likely outcome of your application would be, assuming that your predicted grades for A level/BTEC/IB/etc. met the requirements for the course. You do need to be prepared for the possibility they might not accept you (11 marks is quite a long way off the next grade, and most likely more than you would have gained back had you got special consideration for the paper), but you can't know unless you ask. Good luck!
Original post by Beth_H
I think the best thing to do is phone or email the admissions department at the university, explain your situation, and ask what the likely outcome of your application would be

This.
It is very possible that they may not accept you if you don't meet the minimum grades but ultimately, universities want to put butts in chairs - if you aren't too below the requirements, exceptions do get made.

If you're positive that this course is for you then ask the admissions department how you could best spend the upcoming academic year to gain access - college/OU modules open a lot of doors at some institutions.

Best of luck with it. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Beth_H
I think the best thing to do is phone or email the admissions department at the university, explain your situation, and ask what the likely outcome of your application would be, assuming that your predicted grades for A level/BTEC/IB/etc. met the requirements for the course. You do need to be prepared for the possibility they might not accept you (11 marks is quite a long way off the next grade, and most likely more than you would have gained back had you got special consideration for the paper), but you can't know unless you ask. Good luck!

thanks for the quick reply,i will make sure to ring the admissions
department
Reply 4
Original post by Johnathan94
This.
It is very possible that they may not accept you if you don't meet the minimum grades but ultimately, universities want to put butts in chairs - if you aren't too below the requirements, exceptions do get made.

If you're positive that this course is for you then ask the admissions department how you could best spend the upcoming academic year to gain access - college/OU modules open a lot of doors at some institutions.

Best of luck with it. :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I will try and see how i can improve this year and next year for my application

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending