The Student Room Group

Salford university vs Bolton university for nursing

I have got an offer from Salford university for adult nursing but I’ve also applied to Bolton university for adult nursing aswell , I really want to go to Salford as I love the atmosphere. Just don’t know what to do about Bolton university ? Anyone have any thought on which uni they would pick ? I’ve heard a lot about Bolton university being a really good university and the mentors in placement a really more supportive than Salford university and placement ...anyone please help 😩
Original post by lea92
I have got an offer from Salford university for adult nursing but I’ve also applied to Bolton university for adult nursing aswell , I really want to go to Salford as I love the atmosphere. Just don’t know what to do about Bolton university ? Anyone have any thought on which uni they would pick ? I’ve heard a lot about Bolton university being a really good university and the mentors in placement a really more supportive than Salford university and placement ...anyone please help 😩

Hey Lea,

Well done, its a very exciting time applying for University.

Recently we have interviewed a current Adult Nursing student, where she basically explains her experience and feelings about the course. I thought it might be interesting for you to have a read.

https://blogs.salford.ac.uk/made-in-salford/2018/02/06/4506/

To ultimately decide which is the right University for you, I would recommend to visit an open day so you can get a real feel of both Universities.

Salford Open Day info
http://www.salford.ac.uk/study/visit/undergraduate-open-days

Bolton Open Day info
https://www.bolton.ac.uk/study/open-days/

Thanks Lea and good luck deciding!

Ryan - Graduate Social Media Assistant
I personally prefer bolton university so far but ive still to have my interview there. The staff seem alot more attentive and you know where you'll be based before hand. Its also closer to me. I got an offer for salford but would prefr bolton tbh.
Original post by lea92

Hi @lea92,

Congratulations on your offer from Salford! What an exciting time for you!

Have you been along to one of our open days? We have also started running specific nursing open evenings which is just centered on that course? You'll also get the opportunity to meet the course tutors and ask them any questions which will help you decide whats best for you.

Visiting both universities will make the decision a lot easier as Salford has said!

One thing I would consider is where you are living at the moment and the location of your placements, this is something you could ask both universities which again could help your decision? Are you moving away from home to study or will you be commuting? As nursing placements can often be unsociable hours, a lot of students find it helpful having placements close to home.

Hope this helps and if you need any questions answering, please call us on 01204 903030 or feel free to message us on here!

Many thanks,

Leah
Marketing & Recruitment Officer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending