The Student Room Group

Insurance choice between UEA and University of Liverpool.

Looking for opinions on what you would choose out of either unis as an insurance.

Both have offered me similar grades to study business and management. UEA is ranked far higher than Liverpool, but many people say Liverpool is more 'prestigious' due to it being a member of the russel group, and its red brick status.

I have seen both and liked each one for different reasons. Which one would you pick and why?
Original post by MAT26
Looking for opinions on what you would choose out of either unis as an insurance.

Both have offered me similar grades to study business and management. UEA is ranked far higher than Liverpool, but many people say Liverpool is more 'prestigious' due to it being a member of the russel group, and its red brick status.

I have seen both and liked each one for different reasons. Which one would you pick and why?

What sort of accommodation guarantees do they offer to insurance students?
Reply 2
Original post by MAT26
but many people say Liverpool is more 'prestigious' due to it being a member of the russel group, and its red brick status.

Who?

Do you know all the universities considered to be "redbrick"? There's 9, including Reading.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
What sort of accommodation guarantees do they offer to insurance students?

Both offer a similar system when it comes to accommodation guarantees for insurance students, where the majority of the time they can offer housing, but obviously not guaranteed.
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Who?

Do you know all the universities considered to be "redbrick"? There's 9, including Reading.

I know but I feel as it ought to mean something when comparing the Universities, as UEA obviously hasn’t been around for as long, and also isn’t a member of the Russel Group.
Reply 5
Original post by MAT26
I know but I feel as it ought to mean something when comparing the Universities, as UEA obviously hasn’t been around for as long, and also isn’t a member of the Russel Group.

It really doesn't matter. And being in the RG is not an indicator of quality anyway :smile:

By the way, employers aren't generally interested in your university "name":

Exhibit 7.5 - factors for grad recruitment.png

Pick the course/university *you* prefer.
Reply 6
Original post by Doonesbury
It really doesn't matter. And being in the RG is not an indicator of quality anyway :smile:

By the way, employers aren't generally interested in your university "name":

Exhibit 7.5 - factors for grad recruitment.png

Pick the course/university *you* prefer.

Thank you very much, I’m attending an applicant day for Liverpool this week, as well as visiting UEA in 2 weeks’ time, hopefully by then I will know which I prefer out of the two.
Reply 7
Original post by MAT26
Thank you very much, I’m attending an applicant day for Liverpool this week, as well as visiting UEA in 2 weeks’ time, hopefully by then I will know which I prefer out of the two.

A good plan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending