The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official 2018 Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geekchloe
Heads up - they've started updating the Cambridge Trust awarded funding page now --> https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/. One more thing to keep an eye on!

It has actually been updated about a week ago (yes, I'm also constantly checking it...:biggrin:). Hopefully they'll start announcing more results soon!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by camstudent
Was that one of your two preferences or was it allocated? Trying to gauge time scales, also would be a great allocation!

John's was my first preference! Corpus was my second. I was worried when I hadn't heard for so long but I figure I was maybe waitlisted as a second option for a certain member of their cohort. I'm an international, female, MPhil Archaeology so I guess maybe they liked my application on the condition that I wasn't double filling a 'type'? I'm not really sure how it all works, best just to wait and trust that they'll get to you in due course!
Heads up - they've started updating the Cambridge Trust awarded funding page now --> https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/. One more thing to keep an eye on!

Do we know if they email those who get funding before it gets put online? Or is it worth checking daily?
Reply 103
Original post by EvieinBC
Do we know if they email those who get funding before it gets put online? Or is it worth checking daily?

Was also wondering this
Reply 104
The Cambridge-Rutherford Memorial scholarship operates on Southern Hemisphere timelines (NZ), and the applications for it come in August of the year BEFORE October. So this award has been in the works a long long time and my guess is it doesn't follow the central award timelines.
I imagine that you'd hear via email first. I think this is more helpful to keep an eye on if you had any specific awards in mind just to know whether they've been awarded or not yet!

As for the one that's on there already - I checked online and the guy that won it seems to have been awarded it back in October. That said, when I checked this page last week nothing had been updated yet and the page says it's updated from March onwards...so maybe this is a sign they're starting up updating for this year.

Hello! thank you, is this for both Masters and Phds?
All departments?
Original post by Ilaria95
Hello! thank you, is this for both Masters and Phds?
All departments?

Yes! It's any Cambridge Trust funding.
Reply 108
For college funding, can you only apply to scholarships from the college that accepted you? Or as long as the scholarship does not specify that you have to be already accepted by that college or have put it as your first choice, can you apply to scholarships from colleges other than the one you were accepted at (ie I remember reading somewhere that if a college other than the one you were assigned offers you funding you can move to that college to get that funding)?

Thanks!
Reply 109
Original post by adlasa
For college funding, can you only apply to scholarships from the college that accepted you? Or as long as the scholarship does not specify that you have to be already accepted by that college or have put it as your first choice, can you apply to scholarships from colleges other than the one you were accepted at (ie I remember reading somewhere that if a college other than the one you were assigned offers you funding you can move to that college to get that funding)?

Thanks!

If they don’t specify you can apply! If you get a substantial scholarship from another college, you can transfer.
Reply 110
Original post by afrograd
If they don’t specify you can apply! If you get a substantial scholarship from another college, you can transfer.

Thank you so much for that clarification!
Original post by bananyan
Also got an offer from Girton! Was my second choice, also due to funding. Though now sort of regretting it as the rent prices are kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

P.S. MPhil in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics.

Snap - I'm MPhil in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics too :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Gradgrrrrl
Hi! On self service when I click on "print certificate of offer" it had my supervisor listed already! Not sure if this is the same for everyone as I put this supervisor down in my application and contacted them before but it's worth checking.

Hey thanks for the tip - I didn't name a supervisor but I've just checked and they've already listed one.
Has anyone who was accepted into corpus hear from them yet? I feel like I've been waiting ages to hear from them (2ish weeks, I think?)
Original post by aleatorio
Has anyone who was accepted into corpus hear from them yet? I feel like I've been waiting ages to hear from them (2ish weeks, I think?)

Literally just created an account to ask this very question. My self-service was updated a couple of weeks ago but nothing from them directly. Having trawled through last year's threads it looks like people were still waiting to hear as late as April so I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Original post by 236975879
Literally just created an account to ask this very question. My self-service was updated a couple of weeks ago but nothing from them directly. Having trawled through last year's threads it looks like people were still waiting to hear as late as April so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Ah ok, I guess it's not something to worry about so! They probably contact us when accommodation etc is being sorted.
What will you be studying? Hadn't come across any other Corpus folk yet!
(edited 6 years ago)
Ah ok, I guess it's not something to worry about so! They probably contact us when accommodation etc is being sorted.
What will you be studying? Hadn't come across any other Corpus folk yet!

I'm also accepted by corpus on Friday. Naturally, I didn't receive any letter from them yet.

Though I sent an email to them a couple of weeks ago to ask about the details of college scholarships given to international students, they were not very clear. They just said they generally partner with the trust for international studentships, but they did not give details of how many students would benefit these. Guess corpus is one of the smaller colleges in terms of funding :s-smilie:
Original post by Mythrandir
I'm also accepted by corpus on Friday. Naturally, I didn't receive any letter from them yet.

Though I sent an email to them a couple of weeks ago to ask about the details of college scholarships given to international students, they were not very clear. They just said they generally partner with the trust for international studentships, but they did not give details of how many students would benefit these. Guess corpus is one of the smaller colleges in terms of funding :s-smilie:

What are you studying? :smile:
I already have funding for my PhD so I haven't a clue about Corpus' status for funding I'm afraid :frown:
What are you studying? :smile:
I already have funding for my PhD so I haven't a clue about Corpus' status for funding I'm afraid :frown:

PhD in archaeology:h: im waiting for the central funding results🍀 Are you funded by the project that you will be a part of or by an external funding? Very lucky🍀
Original post by Mythrandir
PhD in archaeology:h: im waiting for the central funding results🍀 Are you funded by the project that you will be a part of or by an external funding? Very lucky🍀

Ah cool! I'm doing a PhD in Neuroscience/Stem cell biology.. My PI had funding for a student, so I had funding before I even applied to Cambridge - definitely lucky!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending