The Student Room Group

How do sexual relationships come about in the first place?

I’ve always been fascinated by human interactions and observing how relationships (friendships/loving relationships) between strangers come about. It’s took me ages to get to grips with how friendships are made (probably as I’m on the autistic spectrum) - it seems like it’s people interacting and engaging over common interests, which makes sense. But I still have no idea how sexual relationships come about?

You’ll walk down the street everyday or you’ll have lunch and you’ll always see loving couples with each other and I can’t get my head around how these relationships come about in the first place?

It wouldn’t make sense if sexual relationships originate from the same places that friendship does because surely you have to start at a sexual stage which ordinary friendships don’t (if that makes sense)?

Can anyone help me understand the origins of relationships?
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve always been fascinated by human interactions and observing how relationships (friendships/loving relationships) between strangers come about. It’s took me ages to get to grips with how friendships are made (probably as I’m on the autistic spectrum) - it seems like it’s people interacting and engaging over common interests, which makes sense. But I still have no idea how sexual relationships come about?

You’ll walk down the street everyday or you’ll have lunch and you’ll always see loving couples with each other and I can’t get my head around how these relationships come about in the first place?

It wouldn’t make sense if sexual relationships originate from the same places that friendship does because surely you have to start at a sexual stage which ordinary friendships don’t (if that makes sense)?

Can anyone help me understand the origins of relationships?

Me and my boyfriend love sex we started in January and have been dating for a year!!! #GAY!!!
Are you talking about purely sexual relationships or a romantic sexual relationship?

They're different things.
Reply 3
Original post by Heteroasexual
Are you talking about purely sexual relationships or a romantic sexual relationship?

They're different things.

I guess both of them please?
Romantic relatioships either begin as sexual relationships then grow or they start as friendships, become romantic then become sexual.

Sexual relationships start by finding someone hot then acting on it, e.g by going in for a kiss, things escalate then they both enjoy it and realise they want to make it regular and thats usually when the romance kicks in too
Original post by Anonymous
Romantic relationships either begin as sexual relationships then grow or they start as friendships, become romantic then become sexual.

This.

But (arguable sadly, but times and attitudes are changing*) I'd be very surprised if the key to many, if not most, 'sexual relationships coming about in the first place', is some form of intoxicant, usually alcohol, effecting both partners to some degree, at the time.

* Note: taking advantage of someone too intoxicated to make an informed consent, is often considered rape.
it's like a friendship, you click, something feels right and fits together, you feel you can be yourself with them, but there is also the sexual tension that is bubbling under the surface as well...and increasing as the connection between you gets stronger.
Original post by HettiBetti
Me and my boyfriend love sex we started in January and have been dating for a year!!! #GAY!!!

Should be my boyfriend and I
Original post by bennydfrg
Should be my boyfriend and I

Who cares I am bad at English GCSE but amazing at RS!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending