The Student Room Group

Is pub culture holding a lot of whites back?

and things like keeping dogs, tattoos...

Scroll to see replies

I think there's more to why working class lads struggle to climb the social mobility ladder than just having a pint at the pub, keeping a dog and having a few tattoos. Like maybe the state of state education or employment prospects in working class communities.
Original post by LiberalFascism
and things like keeping dogs, tattoos...

People should not be judged on race, religion, sex ect. But rather on merit, and then for pub hooligans who were fake *****y Adidas tracksuits all the time and drink cheap beer should be placed at the bottom of society.
Reply 3
White males, that notoriously unsuccessful group.
Original post by Drewski

Go to somewhere like Taunton, Southport or other deadbeat towns an you'll get it. All 99% white very often yet irredeemably drab and awful cos of the people.
Original post by Drewski

Yeah, because they're all middle class and wealthy aren't they? Not one of them is poor! :facepalm:
Original post by Drewski

Underclass white males are hardly thriving off their white privilege.
Original post by Drewski

More like the most privileged

Good sarcasm on your part!
White people are not a minority group... they are not being held back from anything unless they choose to be.
Go to somewhere like Taunton, Southport or other deadbeat towns an you'll get it. All 99% white very often yet irredeemably drab and awful cos of the people.

So basically what you are saying is that a white society shouldn't be drab, and what societies that aren't most white should be? Please explain!
Original post by LauraB101
White people are not a minority group... they are not being held back from anything unless they choose to be.

Underclass white people are a minority group.
No, it's a lack of emphasis on education in White Working class communities.
Original post by Alexty28
So basically what you are saying is that a white society shouldn't be drab, and what societies that aren't most white should be? Please explain!

Well Essex and Manc are ok cos there are at least hard lads/gangs etc...Its all these moist areas like Devon and Hereford where people dont seem either particularly educated or tough.
BME dont go to pubs unless its somewhere like Leicester or Hounslow. They go shisha init.
Original post by Notoriety
Underclass white people are a minority group.

Yes you're right, I thought the focus here was on white people as a race with nothing else considered.
Reply 15

Same for minorities.
Well Essex and Manc are ok cos there are at least hard lads/gangs etc...Its all these moist areas like Devon and Hereford where people dont seem either particularly educated or tough.

Whats good about hard gangs? I grew up in South London and there isn't anything good about gang culture. Plus you are talking about how pub culture is holding back whites, but gangs is positive (Then again there isn't many real white gangs in the UK today)? Devon is wet, but thats because it's a boring country trying hold on to it's former glories of being a popular holiday destinations, not because of pub culture.
Yes you're right, I thought the focus here was on white people as a race with nothing else considered.

The UK is a class based society and you associate pub culture with all white people? Now everyone enjoys a drink i'll grant but come on, it's well accepted that it's the working classes that are best associated with pubs so it's quite obvious that we weren't discussing the entire race.
Original post by Alexty28
Whats good about hard gangs? I grew up in South London and there isn't anything good about gang culture. Plus you are talking about how pub culture is holding back whites, but gangs is positive (Then again there isn't many real white gangs in the UK today)? Devon is wet, but thats because it's a boring country trying hold on to it's former glories of being a popular holiday destinations, not because of pub culture.

We need a combination of solid families, traditional values and neighbourhoods that can hold themselves physically. Instead a lot of gora live with their dogs while on welfare and have random kids from ex- partners, liberal arts degree etc..The whole goth lifestyle in particular is really flabby and weak.

South London eh? Do you have a mob that can deal with the black menace..in 'dose endz'?
(edited 6 years ago)
We need a combination of solid families, traditional values and neighbourhoods that can hold themselves physically. Instead a lot of gora live with their dogs while on welfare and have random kids from ex- partners, liberal arts degree etc..The whole goth lifestyle in particular is really flabby and weak.

South London eh? Do you have a mob that can deal with the black menace..in 'dose endz'?

Yeah that is the problem though the welfare system has been misused by people in this country, mostly by white people who like getting drunk in the streets. But the problem is we can't just change it over night with our political system that goes in a cycle
between Labour and Conservatives.

And to answer a question about the 'mob', I stayed away from most of that **** so tbh I don't know. All I saw were gangs mugging people in the street, I myself threatened a few times. My family is Irish so we wouldn't have any connections to any South London mob. But I'm pretty sure the Brindles and the Walkers firms you were probably referring to are less significant now.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest