The Student Room Group

I Really Want to Be A Boy But I'm Not Trans. Help?

I saw this post earlier and I'm having the same problem, but it was posted 4 years ago so I decided to post this one instead of trying to get answers from a 4 year old forum.
Ever since I was little I've always wanted to be a boy, but at puberty, it grew rapidly. I Still want to be a boy so bad, but at the same time, there are times where I really love being a girl. I'm freaking out and I don't have anyone to talk to. I just wanna be a boy so bad but I don't want to transition into a boy. I just wish I was born one.How do I deal with this and does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Lupa Wolf
I saw this post earlier and I'm having the same problem, but it was posted 4 years ago so I decided to post this one instead of trying to get answers from a 4 year old forum.
Ever since I was little I've always wanted to be a boy, but at puberty, it grew rapidly. I Still want to be a boy so bad, but at the same time, there are times where I really love being a girl. I'm freaking out and I don't have anyone to talk to. I just wanna be a boy so bad but I don't want to transition into a boy. I just wish I was born one.How do I deal with this and does anyone have any advice?

My Advice is for you to be yourself.:yes: It doesn't matter to me whether you're a boy, girl or a crocodile called John, it doesn't define how you ought to behave, it's just a box that people want to fit into either being "boy" or "girl". I personally don't see why anyone should give a damn which you are.
(edited 3 years ago)
It's possible that you're scared of transitioning, it's certainly not an easy thing to do. unfortunately you know it's not possible to be born as a boy. you can identify as a male while still staying with the body you have now if that would make you comfortable, but if you want to have the body that cis boys have then transitioning is the only option :/
Original post by DoctorDysphoria
You have a mental illness called 'gender dysphoria'. Its when someone born one gender (male/female) has an emotional and psychological belonging to the opposite sex. Contrary to beliefs in today's society, being 'trans' isn't natural

just because most people arent trans, doesnt mean its unnatural, and gender dysphoria isnt a mental illness, i suggest doing some more research before posting something people will see as offensive
Original post by Anonymous
just because most people arent trans, doesnt mean its unnatural, and gender dysphoria isnt a mental illness, i suggest doing some more research before posting something people will see as offensive

Just because someone sees it as offensive doesn't mean that it is. Gender dysphoria is a 'disorder' and i have done all the research i can. Being trans is unfortunately, contrary to popular belief, unnatural. Would you tell a schizophrenic person that 'just because most people arent schizophrenic doesnt mean its unnatural' and that the voices in their heads are okay to listen to? The answer is No. You wouldn't. So why would you tell a person with gender dysphoria that it is okay to go against their NATURAL BIOLOGY, and change their gender?
Original post by Anonymous

Can you define what is natural then because i think our definitions aren't quite the same. Also, i'll do the one thing no-one else has seemed to done and i'll recommend a page where they can then proceed to get some help with their issue. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/
but if you became a trans male how would you find a girlfriend? you wouldn't have a johnson
I FEEL EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

im 13, and i dont know how to transition, i mean, im okay with my female parts, but most of the time i just want to be a guy. i lowkey hate myself. UGH.. we need to talk sometime
Original post by omegathot
I FEEL EXACTLY LIKE THIS.

im 13, and i dont know how to transition, i mean, im okay with my female parts, but most of the time i just want to be a guy. i lowkey hate myself. UGH.. we need to talk sometime
Hi there:smile:
This thread is quite old now so if you'd like some help I'd siggest you start your own thread.

My advice in my post above also applies to you.

And also, google is your friend to look into gender transition treatments available near you.
I think you are trans

Latest

Trending

Trending