The Student Room Group

Anyone looking forward to "Love, Simon"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joe2001
Am I allowed to screen hop? If I had any friends to go with, I would probably take them along and screenhop once I am there. I just don't think I can go without my parents knowing and they would question it if I did go.

BTW- I tried the link and got a Flash Player notice. Will try and check it out later.

Oh, just watch it on Putlocker when it comes out then.
And yeah, the flash player notice opens in a different tab, but just ignore it and return to the previous tab and the movie should've started playing.
How old are you? You don't need to tell them you're going to Cinema surely 🤔
Original post by SMEGGGY
How old are you? You don't need to tell them you're going to Cinema surely 🤔

16. They will still ask.
Original post by Joe2001
16. They will still ask.

You go to see films with mates? Do they ask? You ever lie? Say its another film but go see this one. Unless their nuts and check everything 🤔
Original post by SMEGGGY
You go to see films with mates? Do they ask? You ever lie? Say its another film but go see this one. Unless their nuts and check everything 🤔

I haven't got any friends to go with. I occasionally lie about where I am going (I'm sure most teens have done that at some point), but they would ask about it. I am also worried that my sister will want to come and my plan would then be foiled.
Original post by Joe2001
I haven't got any friends to go with. I occasionally lie about where I am going (I'm sure most teens have done that at some point), but they would ask about it. I am also worried that my sister will want to come and my plan would then be foiled.

Yeah who doesn't lie like that, I have in past. Unless you do it on s school day, wag it lol
Original post by SMEGGGY
Yeah who doesn't lie like that, I have in past. Unless you do it on s school day, wag it lol

My main worry would be that if I said that I was going to see a certain movie, my sister would try and tag along and I would end up being unable to see what I want. If I had friends, this would be so much easier.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Joe2001
My main worry would be that if I said that I was going to see a certain movie, my sister would try and tag along and I would end up being unable to see what I want. If I had friends, this would be so much easier.

How old is your sister? Why does she need to see a film with you? Surely she won't want to see a film a lad likes? Say Black Panther. Why don't you have friends in school? Just trying to get a picture mate
Original post by SMEGGGY
How old is your sister? Why does she need to see a film with you? Surely she won't want to see a film a lad likes? Say Black Panther. Why don't you have friends in school? Just trying to get a picture mate

Oh, she does want to see Black Panther. She is 14.

As for not having friends, I have always been a bit socially awkward (partially due to social anxiety), and have never fit in with other people. Even from an early age, the girls thought I was weird and the guys thought I was too gay for them, so I have been stuck with no-one. The teachers and janitors were basically my friends in Primary school, then I have had no one in Secondary school. There is one guy who takes my train and his sister is friends with my sister, but the guy is an a$$ clown, to put it bluntly and I would never, under any circumstance, consider him a friend.

It sucks, I won't lie. There have been times where I have needed friends and I really didn't have them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Joe2001
Oh, she does want to see Black Panther. She is 14.

As for not having friends, I have always been a bit socially awkward (partially due to social anxiety), and have never fit in with other people. Even from an early age, the girls thought I was weird and the guys thought I was too gay for them, so I have been stuck with no-one. The teachers and janitors were basically my friends in Primary school, then I have had no one in Secondary school. There is one guy who takes my train and his sister is friends with my sister, but the guy is an a$$ clown, to put it bluntly and I would never, under any circumstance, consider him a friend.

It sucks, I won't lie. There have been times where I have needed friends and I really didn't have them.

Ok,

When you say too gay, your mannerisms are camp? Weird in what way? Way ypu act, your interests?

You going to college Uni in the future? Have you planned? Do you play sports?
Original post by SMEGGGY
Ok,

When you say too gay, your mannerisms are camp? Weird in what way? Way ypu act, your interests?

You going to college Uni in the future? Have you planned? Do you play sports?

I am not overly flamboyant, but a bit camp I suppose. I have a bit of a feminine nature. I suspect that after a few drinks, I would be a complete flaming homosexual (have never drank alcohol). Let's face it, lads hate any guys who aren't masculine.

As for the girls, they probably thought that I was weird for wanting to spend time with them instead of the guys.

I hope to go to university next year (2019). I'll be applying after the summer holidays.

Finally, I don't play sports. Can't stand them, not one bit, but especially not team sports.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Joe2001
I am not overly flamboyant, but a bit camp I suppose. I have a bit of a feminine nature. I suspect that after a few drinks, I would be a complete flaming homosexual (have never drank alcohol). Let's face it, lads hate any guys who aren't masculine.

As for the girls, they probably thought that I was weird for wanting to spend time with them instead of the guys.

I hope to go to university next year (2019). I'll be applying after the summer holidays.

Finally, I don't play sports. Can't stand them, not one bit, but especially not team sports.

If you're camp then how on earth is it not obvious to your fsmily that you're gay? Lol

Original post by Joe2001

If you're camp how on earth don't your family know you're gay lol

Surely there are other gays at school? You can befriend them?

You can join LGBT societies at Uni
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
If you're camp then how on earth is it not obvious to your fsmily that you're gay? Lol

Surely there are other gays at school? You can befriend them?

You can join LGBT societies at Uni

1. Who knows? I think that my dad sort of suspects it, but my mum seems intent that I am straight. No idea why. Maybe because I am not very extrovert, like a lot of camp gay men are.
2. There are no openly gay people at my school. I wish. The school are useless at the whole LGBT issue as well.
3. I certainly will be joining these societies at uni. Definitely, 100%. Maybe I will have friends for the first time in like a decade.
Original post by Joe2001
1. Who knows? I think that my dad sort of suspects it, but my mum seems intent that I am straight. No idea why. Maybe because I am not very extrovert, like a lot of camp gay men are.
2. There are no openly gay people at my school. I wish. The school are useless at the whole LGBT issue as well.
3. I certainly will be joining these societies at uni. Definitely, 100%. Maybe I will have friends for the first time in like a decade.

They say mums always know, not sure if that's true or not.

With mates you can go out to gay clubs etc at Uni eh. So persevere until then bro.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY

With mates you can go out to gay clubs etc at Uni eh. So persevere until then bro.

I can't wait for that, but 14 months still feels like forever. Not having any friends really sucks and I have contemplated leaving school because of it.
What should I do for the next year? I drastically need to improve my social life. And of course, see this movie!
Original post by Joe2001
I can't wait for that, but 14 months still feels like forever. Not having any friends really sucks and I have contemplated leaving school because of it.
What should I do for the next year? I drastically need to improve my social life. And of course, see this movie!

Can't you confide in your sister?

You doing GCSE'S? You planning to go to College?
Original post by SMEGGGY
Can't you confide in your sister?

You doing GCSE'S? You planning to go to College?

I'm in Scotland. Already done the Scottish equivalent to GCSE (National 5) and am doing our equivalent to A-Levels (Higher) this year. I could leave after this year but I have nowhere else to go, so don't really have a choice other than to stay for next year.

BTW - I don't trust my sister with very much. She's betrayed my trust too many times and I just think that she is too immature (she's 14) to fully grasp the concept of trust.
Original post by Joe2001
I'm in Scotland. Already done the Scottish equivalent to GCSE (National 5) and am doing our equivalent to A-Levels (Higher) this year. I could leave after this year but I have nowhere else to go, so don't really have a choice other than to stay for next year.

BTW - I don't trust my sister with very much. She's betrayed my trust too many times and I just think that she is too immature (she's 14) to fully grasp the concept of trust.

Some siblings are mature for their age so wondered if that was the case, oh well.
Scotland eh, snow all gone? We had lots in the Midlands but all gone now.

I was up in Edinburgh a couple of years ago with some mates, loved the Ghost Tours they have. Seen about 5 or 6 Royal Mile too. Nice place.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY
Some siblings are mature for their age so wondered if that was the case, oh well.
Scotland eh, snow all gone? We had lots in the Midlands but all gone now.

I was up in Edinburgh a couple of years ago with some mates, loved the Ghost Tours they have. Seen about 5 or 6 Royal Mile too. Nice place.

Snow is fading away, unfortunately. I enjoyed being off school last week because of it.

Edinburgh is really cool. I'm near Glasgow, which is less nice.
It has came out in US cinemas! :smile:
3 weeks until it comes out in UK cinemas. So excited, just need to find a way to sneak out and see it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending