The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by E44
How did you receieve your acceptance letter and what subjects do you take? what were your predicted grades at gcse?

I think I got it by post? I took biology, chemistry, english literature and spanish. Honestly I can't remember my predicted grades at GCSE sorry.
Reply 21
Original post by geniequeen48
I think I got it by post? I took biology, chemistry, english literature and spanish. Honestly I can't remember my predicted grades at GCSE sorry.

Thank you. I was just wondering because when i applied it said id get a letter of my applucation was unsuccessful but an email if it was successful.
Original post by E44
Thank you. I was just wondering because when i applied it said id get a letter of my applucation was unsuccessful but an email if it was successful.

Oh right, maybe it changed now cos I applied two years ago.
Reply 23
Oh right, maybe it changed now cos I applied two years ago.

do you have an interview?
Original post by mariataieb
What's the timetabled day? so like, when do you start the day?

Scroll up to see the answer
I did have an interview when I applied.
Original post by E44
do you have an interview?
Reply 26
I did have an interview when I applied.

what kind of things did you get asked?
Original post by E44
what kind of things did you get asked?

Oopf this was quite a while ago, eeerm...why woodhouse? why those subjects you chose? what you want to do for uni? I chose english lit so he asked me about a book I was reading. He also asked me chemistry and biology questions so make sure you know your stuff. Can't remember what else tbh.
Original post by E44
I havent received anything yet either. Do you think that means i havent got in and can you get acceptances through email and by the post?

On Facebook they said the first batch has been sent out, but everyone will hear in a day or two. As it's Sunday and there's no post, we'll just have to wait till tomorrow to find out.
And as for the emails, I have no idea. I was initially told acceptances only came through an email, but that seems to have changed.
I wish you the best of luck x
Reply 29
Original post by mollie_steel
On Facebook they said the first batch has been sent out, but everyone will hear in a day or two. As it's Sunday and there's no post, we'll just have to wait till tomorrow to find out.
And as for the emails, I have no idea. I was initially told acceptances only came through an email, but that seems to have changed.
I wish you the best of luck x

Thank you xx Good luck if youve applied too and if possible can you send me the woodhouse post you saw
(edited 6 years ago)
i got an offer! what courses did everyone apply for? i applied for english lit, french and sociology
Original post by connorh_
i got an offer! what courses did everyone apply for? i applied for english lit, french and sociology

Hey, well done! I applied for English Lit, Art, and Classic Civilisations, and Philosophy as an extra in case there's no space for one my options. I've still not received anything though, so i suppose i shouldn't be getting my hopes up...
Hey, well done! I applied for English Lit, Art, and Classic Civilisations, and Philosophy as an extra in case there's no space for one my options. I've still not received anything though, so i suppose i shouldn't be getting my hopes up...

don’t be disheartened! like a post above said, you might receive your offer tomorrow because there’s no post on sundays. i hope you get an offer!
Reply 33
I'm a second year student here, if anyone wants to ask me anything :smile:

If you’re timetable were to start late could you only come in for those lessons are or is there a compulsory “form” period all students have to attend?
Original post by gpjalwa
If you’re timetable were to start late could you only come in for those lessons are or is there a compulsory “form” period all students have to attend?

Nah, there's no form period you have to attend to register. If your first lesson is at 11:15am for example, you come in at 11:15am. However, you will have form time, which is twice a week with your tutor, which you have to treat like your lesson. But again, they could be at any time of the day, like 2pm.
Original post by connorh_
don’t be disheartened! like a post above said, you might receive your offer tomorrow because there’s no post on sundays. i hope you get an offer!

Hey! I got an offer! I don’t know how the classes work, but you chose English lit too, right? I might see you there if everything goes well
Hey! I got an offer! I don’t know how the classes work, but you chose English lit too, right? I might see you there if everything goes well

congratulations! yeah wouldn’t it be cool if we were in the same class!
Reply 37
I got an offer on Saturday through the post
Reply 38
Got put on the waiting list😔😔it’s game over
Reply 39
I got an offer for 4 A levels: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. How did you find doing 4 AS levels? Was it stressful or way too much work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending