The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Geology First Year as a Canadian Student

Hi everyone, I'm currently in at a Canadian high school, in Ontario specifically, my worry is although I have received an offer so study Geology Msci at Imperial, I am afraid that I cannot be prepared enough to get a good grade in the program. My 12 courses I have taken or currently finishing are 12u Chemistry, 12u Pyshics, 12u Advanced Functions, 12u Calculus and Vectors, 12u English and other courses that don't relate to the sciences. I think for comparion the GCSE is the equlivalent. Will I be prepared to preform competativly in the program? There is no Ap or A levels here but in math I don't cover things like matrices, the highest i go to is 3d vectors, projections, basic caculus and dervations, logarthimic etc. Are the first year courses going to cover that???????
Reply 1
Original post by kadam_narange
Hi everyone, I'm currently in at a Canadian high school, in Ontario specifically, my worry is although I have received an offer so study Geology Msci at Imperial, I am afraid that I cannot be prepared enough to get a good grade in the program. My 12 courses I have taken or currently finishing are 12u Chemistry, 12u Pyshics, 12u Advanced Functions, 12u Calculus and Vectors, 12u English and other courses that don't relate to the sciences. I think for comparion the GCSE is the equlivalent. Will I be prepared to preform competativly in the program? There is no Ap or A levels here but in math I don't cover things like matrices, the highest i go to is 3d vectors, projections, basic caculus and dervations, logarthimic etc. Are the first year courses going to cover that???????

Hi kadam,
have you met the requirement yet? If you have , you can just self-studying some AP material including Calculus BC,AP bio,AP chem,AP physics and/or read some textbook for preparation or for fun.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Hi Kadam, I'm an MSci Geology offer holder too from Malaysia. My maths is not very strong either but the lecturer who interviewed me said it's okay and that I can catch up soon, otherwise (if they hadn't seen the potential in me), they wouldn't have given the offer :biggrin: Chill, and if I don't spoil my IB exam in May, we might be classmates one day so let's work together then. The first term is high key gonna be downright hard for the both of us, but not really if we work together XD
Thanks fpr replying, I look forward to struggling first year as well lol. Do you uabe any acess to the syllabus for the maths or other first year courses??
Thanks fpr replying, I look forward to struggling first year as well lol. Do you uabe any acess to the syllabus for the maths or other first year courses??

Unfortunately I don't. If you happened to come across any of those stuff, hit me up
Just got access to the pervious year exams on the imperial website, nothing for the first year however mostly for upper year classes.
Original post by alifhasyimi
Unfortunately I don't. If you happened to come across any of those stuff, hit me up

Quick Reply

Latest