The Student Room Group

Can’t remember quotes for English Lit

I’m really worried about opening the paper and not being able to remember any relevant quotes for paper 1. What happens if I can’t remember any? Can you still get a a grade for an essay without quotes or...what would happen?
Someone please give me good way of remembering quotes! I’m doing macbeth Jekyll and Hyde and an inspector calls
Original post by rainbowcat1437
I’m really worried about opening the paper and not being able to remember any relevant quotes for paper 1. What happens if I can’t remember any? Can you still get a a grade for an essay without quotes or...what would happen?
Someone please give me good way of remembering quotes! I’m doing macbeth Jekyll and Hyde and an inspector calls

Pick key quotes that are really memorable. In your preparation you will be writing mock answers to essays, so you will remember the quote if you've written about it and analysed it.

Even remembering day, 10 quotes, and then each day writing them down on a piece of paper until you remember all 10 would work.
Try writing them down on Revision Cards and just read it even though you're not paying attention to what your reading, it will eventually be stored in your brain with time. Don't stress about it. Just keep practising even with the help of friends it will benefit you.
Hi, I did both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls last year and managed to get two 9's in English. I recently made a thread on the technique I used to study, the methods I used for the plans I made for AIC were really useful as it helped me to remember the quotes, as well as how to integrate it within my essay. I have pictures and tips, feel free to check the thread out.
heres the link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5208682
hope I helped :smile:
"Memory is the diary we all carry with us" - Oscar Wilde

...At least, I think that was it.
Original post by Johnathan94
"Memory is the diary we all carry with us" - Oscar Wilde

...At least, I think that was it.

Too bad I can’t bring the diary into the exam😂
Original post by CinnamonSmol
Hi, I did both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls last year and managed to get two 9's in English. I recently made a thread on the technique I used to study, the methods I used for the plans I made for AIC were really useful as it helped me to remember the quotes, as well as how to integrate it within my essay. I have pictures and tips, feel free to check the thread out.
heres the link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5208682
hope I helped :smile:

Well done on your grades! And thanks for the link
Too bad I can’t bring the diary into the exam😂

I did an English Lit degree originally and I found that writing them on flashcards/reciting them out loud was pretty helpful. Thankfully I had some very patient friends so they were even willing to make a bit of a game out of it with me - I would randomly ask them what a particular line was and they would do it back sometimes.
Original post by Johnathan94
I did an English Lit degree originally and I found that writing them on flashcards/reciting them out loud was pretty helpful. Thankfully I had some very patient friends so they were even willing to make a bit of a game out of it with me - I would randomly ask them what a particular line was and they would do it back sometimes.

I find listening to audio books helps a little to learn new quotes but I will defo try out flash cards
I find listening to audio books helps a little to learn new quotes but I will defo try out flash cards

Good luck. :smile:
Well done on your grades! And thanks for the link

aw thank you -and no worries, I hope I helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending