The Student Room Group

Driving Test

Can anyone give links to good websites that will help me pass my test? I cant get clutch control under control (mind the pun)
Youtube, world driving, but it's mainly abiut practice after you've understood the basics.

Best site for theory practice.
Reply 4
Iv passed the theory test thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Found this for clutch control .. http://www.newdriverprogramme.com/blog/clutch-control/

it makes more sense now
Reply 6
He is good thanks
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Best site for theory practice.

My brother used it when he was revising for his test. He got 87% on the theory just from using this websites and he said it was an absolute godsend.
Reply 8
:u:
Original post by LoukaGreen
My brother used it when he was revising for his test. He got 87% on the theory just from using this websites and he said it was an absolute godsend.
Reply 9
Anyone practiced local driving tst routes? http://www.newdriverprogramme.com/blog/driving-test-routes/ .. one of my friends said he failed twice ... and after practicing the routes he passed easily ... im not ready for the main roads yet but when I am is this good?
Original post by BigAls
Anyone practiced local driving tst routes? http://www.newdriverprogramme.com/blog/driving-test-routes/ .. one of my friends said he failed twice ... and after practicing the routes he passed easily ... im not ready for the main roads yet but when I am is this good?

It's definitely a good idea to do this if you have the option to practice outside of tests as it's always a good idea to know what to expect. Your instructor should generally go through the test routes with you, though, I mean the more you do them the better you'll know them but if you don't have the outside practice option, it's not the end of the world.
Reply 11
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
It's definitely a good idea to do this if you have the option to practice outside of tests as it's always a good idea to know what to expect. Your instructor should generally go through the test routes with you, though, I mean the more you do them the better you'll know them but if you don't have the outside practice option, it's not the end of the world.

Thank you
Original post by BigAls

Your instructor will have a feel for most test routes using feedback from previous students. In terms of NDP, I had access to it for the purpose of a review (which they since cried to YT about to have removed), Ashford MDX is my "ends", I know most of the common routes for it as well as Bromley, Pinner, Southall and Slough. Not an ADI or anything (in fact a relatively new driver myself, this is my 4th month) but I enjoy driving anywhere, so researching routes was something I did in my spare time after work out of boredom (and every route I know has common denominators, so I can spot if a route I'm told doesn't look right). Anyway they're a full on cash cow, regardless of the fact that there's more routes than you'll ever get time to go through; a lot of the ones for Ashford and Pinner didn't make sense.

For example the Ashford MDX route took me on the Southern Perimeter Road and another took me on The Parkway A312, the former is not on any test route (whilst it's impossible for me to verify, I'd say it with confidence because the only route that comes close to it is Ashford, which 99.9% of the time guaranteed you get asked to turn left before Stanmore road; I know this because this was MY route; and I started panicking as I was going too fast for the left turn and said "mate I don't think I'll be making that in time" "No you HAVE to take it!" - after passing I saw why, there is no where to turn around for around another 3 miles) and the latter is only used in Hayes and Southall; and not often because it's about as far as an examiner will take you on those routes and it's one of the busiest west london roads, they don't want to get caught there. But either way, it isn't a part of the Ashford route - it's way too far out. It also had me go down Wraysbury when I used the Ashford test route; Wraysbury according to my (ex)instructor hasn't been a part of Ashford routes for years because again, it's too tight for timing.

You get the point, please don't give them your money. Granted, the SatNav changes brought in routes that I won't know yet, but the test length hasn't changed, so I still know the same places that will never come up.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending