The Student Room Group

Should I take a break?

Hi, I have my mock exams starting tomorrow and I have revised quite a bit over weekend and now it’s 8pm, should I do more revision or take a break?

Thank-you
Take a break. Best to not over stress yourself. I would suggest you prepare for tomorrow, like preparing your bag and stuff for school, then do some light revision in the morning such as going over the topics.
Original post by Mr_Robot
Take a break. Best to not over stress yourself. I would suggest you prepare for tomorrow, like preparing your bag and stuff for school, then do some light revision in the morning such as going over the topics.

Okay, thank-you! :smile:
Hope you did well on your exams!

For the next one, try to spread out your revision instead of cramming on the weekend before. There is actual research showing that we learn better by doing like 1 hour a day for 5 days, than 5 hours on the last day. So it`s all about planning I think. It can be quite difficult, especially because there are so many subjects and so much content! The Learning Scientists (a blog, you can google it) have some pieces of advice on how to organise your schedule to include spacing.
Original post by LarissaAlves
Hope you did well on your exams!

For the next one, try to spread out your revision instead of cramming on the weekend before. There is actual research showing that we learn better by doing like 1 hour a day for 5 days, than 5 hours on the last day. So it`s all about planning I think. It can be quite difficult, especially because there are so many subjects and so much content! The Learning Scientists (a blog, you can google it) have some pieces of advice on how to organise your schedule to include spacing.

Thank-you so much! And I definitely will have to space out my revision next time! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending