The Student Room Group

Boyfriend mad at me for a silly reason

So yesterday my boyfriend saw that another guy and I became friends on playstation, you know on the feed? Anyways it was strange because it said I hadnt been on it in months...maybe my brother was on it or something but it definitely wasnt me who added him.
He ended up swearing at me a lot calling me a ****ing liar, slút, piece of sh*t, Im done with you, go to hell, just die, you disgust me and just leave me and a lot more.
He normally says things like this but I dont know if its healthy or not. And when I tried to explain to him that it wasnt me he wouldnt believe me for hours, until he made me swear to god and on him "basically promise" that it wasnt me and when I did that he was better after. But he should have trusted me from the start when I said it and he didnt which bothers me a lot. Im still upset about it now even though it happened yesterday but should I just dump him? I love him a lot and we've been together for a long time...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
that's extremely unhealthy for him to call you names and tell you to die over suck a small issue without giving you opportunity to explain yourself, he should have trusted you.

it's also unhealthy the way he then took control and made you swear on him and promise yourself over. this combined with the abusive language and over reacting outburst are huge red flags that he does not respect you and you should get out of this relationship as soon as possible.
Reply 3
he sounds like a very silly billy.
(edited 6 years ago)
its hard to give relationship advice to others because often you dont know the full story or if something is taken out of context or exaggerated or any important details omitted. so I usually say based on what your telling me.

so with that in mind based on what your saying here he sounds like a control freak and abusive. your allowed to have male friends anyway and if he sees any interaction you have with males at all online or offline as cheating and jumps straight into calling you a slut this sounds messed up.

based on what your saying id recommend dumping him and finding someone who treats you better.
Reply 5
Did you add him?

Do you swear back? Very verbally abusive otherwise
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
its hard to give relationship advice to others because often you dont know the full story or if something is taken out of context or exaggerated or any important details omitted. so I usually say based on what your telling me.

so with that in mind based on what your saying here he sounds like a control freak and abusive. your allowed to have male friends anyway and if he sees any interaction you have with males at all online or offline as cheating and jumps straight into calling you a slut this sounds messed up.

based on what your saying id recommend dumping him and finding someone who treats you better.

The thing is, he treats me really good but when he does this it will get really bad and I feel like Im the only one that understands him like this and I can help him kinda. He is Obsessed with me and dont take this with a pinch of salt. He says how crazy he is for me and how much he loves me and how beautiful I am blah blah and then wont stop messaging me if Im annoyed at him which makes things worse. But I feel like he just loves me too much. Should I actually dump him or can we work something out do you think?

Original post by aesthete1
that's extremely unhealthy for him to call you names and tell you to die over suck a small issue without giving you opportunity to explain yourself, he should have trusted you.

it's also unhealthy the way he then took control and made you swear on him and promise yourself over. this combined with the abusive language and over reacting outburst are huge red flags that he does not respect you and you should get out of this relationship as soon as possible.

It worries me too but I think we love each other so much and we have made plans for the future and everything and now if I tell him we're over he will not leave me. He's told me he will just be ****ing every girl if we break up, basically he will give up on love and everything else. He already calls the rest of the world disgusting and everyone is bad.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by wetih

Trust me.
(edited 6 years ago)
The thing is, he treats me really good but when he does this it will get really bad and I feel like Im the only one that understands him like this and I can help him kinda. He is Obsessed with me and dont take this with a pinch of salt. He says how crazy he is for me and how much he loves me and how beautiful I am blah blah and then wont stop messaging me if Im annoyed at him which makes things worse. But I feel like he just loves me too much. Should I actually dump him or can we work something out do you think?

It worries me too but I think we love each other so much and we have made plans for the future and everything and now if I tell him we're over he will not leave me. He's told me he will just be f*cking every girl if we break up, basically he will give up on love and everything else. He already calls the rest of the world disgusting and everyone is bad.

It's very maniupulative the way you've described it-I'd get out of it. He'll say he will change and then actually won't. You don't want to be stuck in it. Please get out of it-nothing about your relationship sounds good, it sounds very unhealthy. Yes you may love each other-but it just sounds a bit toxic and overly manipulative.
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
Did you add him?

I didnt add him thats the thing, I haven't even been on my playstation in ages.
I was shocked as soon as I saw these messages from him and I tried to calm him down and after when I "swore to god" and he calmed down then I was like f*uck you and I was like I cant believe you. I would never be as extreme as he is when it comes to swearing.
It worries me too but I think we love each other so much and we have made plans for the future and everything and now if I tell him we're over he will not leave me. He's told me he will just be ****ing every girl if we break up, basically he will give up on love and everything else. He already calls the rest of the world disgusting and everyone is bad.

ok so he also uses threats of his behaviour if you break up with him. girl whether you love him or not he sounds abusive and you need to run as far away from him as possible, for your own sake please get out of this controlling unhealthy relationship.

the fact that he seems obsessed with you to the point of not respecting your boundaries when you're annoyed shows that he does not respect you.

the fact that you feel obligated to 'help' him with his abusive tendencies is another sign that this relationship is unhealthy and unbalanced and you deserve much better

good luck
(edited 6 years ago)
swearing at me a lot calling me a ****ing liar, slút, piece of sh*t, Im done with you, go to hell, just die, you disgust me and just leave me and a lot more.

I dont know if its healthy or not.

If you can't tell that this is unhealthy then you need help too.
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you can't tell that this is unhealthy then you need help too.

Often people don't realise until they're out of it. Their judgement gets clouded
Original post by SMEGGGY
Did you add him?

Sorry I should have also mentioned that the only person that could have done this was my brother as Im logged in on his playstation but he wasnt at home at the time. He said he might have been on my account though. And at the time that this happened, I was sleeping so its impossible for me to have added him.
Reply 14
You're asking if it's healthy that he's regularly calling you a piece of **** and telling you to die? Come on.

He has some serious trust issues and appears to be very controlling. I think you should have a serious talk with him about this relationship because it's not going to last very long at this rate.
Isn't this like domestic abuse or something. You should get out before this turnsinto something bigger and far worse. To the point that you wont be able to get out in future, even if you wanted.
I didnt add him thats the thing, I haven't even been on my playstation in ages.
I was shocked as soon as I saw these messages from him and I tried to calm him down and after when I "swore to god" and he calmed down then I was like f*uck you and I was like I cant believe you. I would never be as extreme as he is when it comes to swearing.

He wasn't swearing verbally then just messages. If it's a regular thing do you think it's normal? If you swear at him still not healthy but a tad toleratable but still not a healthy relationship. Seems paranoid
Original post by AzureCeleste
It's very maniupulative the way you've described it-I'd get out of it. He'll say he will change and then actually won't. You don't want to be stuck in it. Please get out of it-nothing about your relationship sounds good, it sounds very unhealthy. Yes you may love each other-but it just sounds a bit toxic and overly manipulative.

Original post by SMEGGGY
Did you add him?

Original post by wetih

Original post by aesthete1

I shouldve also said that we are long distance for a year and we're gonna meet in a few months. And everytime we argue he says he's basically been a "virgin" and ****ed no one for the past year because he has been waiting for me. I dont know how to take this but I feel bad when he says things like this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Alot of things you keep wanting to add 🤔
I shouldve also said that we are long distance for a year and we're gonna meet in a few months. And everytime we argue he says he's basically been a "virgin" and ****ed no one for the past year because he has been waiting for me. I dont know how to take this but I feel bad when he says things like this.

he's guilting you into having sex with him, all of the behaviours you've described are textbook manipulation and I strongly urge you to break up with him as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending