The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

It is for European univerisites because of the ECTS.

I'm not fully aware of American universities, but some of the programmes are Master's and retain 4 years in length as opposed to 5, so I imagine they are too.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Realitysreflexx
same year, the only ones that struggled were law students.... they had to do law school and its only taught at post grad level in the US. Besides US law is so complicated....every state varies there is no consensus and if your not from that state you really struggle alot of times understanding the moral/sense of it.

Im american and i dont even get some of the things they used to do in the next state over, i would be like thats illegal there? lol.

That explains it, I know UCL puts students in the year above so they don't cruise through it easily.

Also, that's a bit stupid, how are you gonna put undergrads on to a graduate degree in law smh - must've been so awkward with young 20-something's in a lecture hall with people approaching 30. Do they even learn UK Law as a result?
Original post by Rohan77642
Thanks. I should stop looking at this kinda stuff because I wont get in anyways hahaha.

Gotta have hope :wink:
Original post by Kyber Ninja
That explains it, I know UCL puts students in the year above so they don't cruise through it easily.

Also, that's a bit stupid, how are you gonna put undergrads on to a graduate degree in law smh - must've been so awkward with young 20-something's in a lecture hall with people approaching 30. Do they even learn UK Law as a result?

There is a law degree at Nottingham with a focus on US law as a specilisation its pretty unique or so it sounds. I guess thats the only option im not sure if it counts or not toward the degree. I think its just to give them a taste and prepare them in case they do want to practice us law they would have a nice advantage to do so.
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Gotta have hope :wink:

Yeah lol.
Pretty cool that they have introduced this. Makes me wanna go to imperial even more :biggrin:.
Original post by Rohan77642
Yeah lol.
Pretty cool that they have introduced this. Makes me wanna go to imperial even more :biggrin:.

No doubt an 80% average is gonna be required.

Whenever an even mildly prestigious US university is available for exchange, everyone applies for it and you often need a good first to get accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending