The Student Room Group

Fat lady in denial about how bad being fat is

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jdddd
Utterly ridiculous. Why would I put 'unnecessary' strain on the NHS? Haven't been to a Doctors or Hospital in over 3 years.

Peoples lifestyle choices make them more vulnerable to illnesses, disease and death? If an accident happens and you need a Doctor fair enough but if its a lifestyle choice thats caused it? Allow critism. You're in denial.

Well yes many diseases come from lifestyle choices. Just because you haven't been to the doctor in 3 years (and there probably are overweight individuals in the same boat) doesn't mean you've made unhealthy choices which put you at a higher risk of contracting some illness.
Reply 41
Original post by angelike1
Well yes many diseases come from lifestyle choices. Just because you haven't been to the doctor in 3 years (and there probably are overweight individuals in the same boat) doesn't mean you've made unhealthy choices which put you at a higher risk of contracting some illness.

Are you saying im at the same risk of someone that is obese? or someone that smokes? You obviously don't know the damage they cause. You're in denial. Are you fat too?
(edited 6 years ago)
There's probably a lot of things you and I do that put unnecessary strain on the NHS.

None of us live the ideal healthy lifestyle where the cost to the NHS would be at a minimum. Therefore you can't objectively draw a line as to how healthy one 'should' live without some sort of criticism.

Of course there are but obesity is currently one of the biggest drains on resources in the NHS and is, for the most part, entirely self inflicted.

West Midlands ambulance service had to purchase bigger ambulances to carry obese people. It cost thousands. Name another self-inflicted condition that requires whole new ambulances to be purchased specially.
People need to learn that there is an in-between when talking about fat and skinny.
Original post by jdddd
Are you saying im at the same risk of someone that is obese? or someone that smokes? You obviously don't know the damage they cause. You're in denial. Are you fat too?

LMAO I'm actually trying to put on weight atm - not like it would contribute to your argument anyway.

I didnt say that. I just said theres no fine line. Would you want to ban smoking?

Original post by howitoughttobe
Of course there are but obesity is currently one of the biggest drains on resources in the NHS and is, for the most part, entirely self inflicted.

West Midlands ambulance service had to purchase bigger ambulances to carry obese people. It cost thousands. Name another self-inflicted condition that requires whole new ambulances to be purchased specially.

Well smoking also drains money and puts strain on the NHS. But no I don't think they need new ambulances for smokers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 45
Well smoking also drains money and puts strain on the NHS.

Lol, that question at the end was designed to get that reply. You couldn't answer the rest so settled for the easier question. 2/10 trolling
Original post by jdddd
Lol, that question at the end was designed to get that reply. You couldn't answer the rest so settled for the easier question. 2/10 trolling

I edited my post. I basically said something similar to the other user and sort of assumed you'd see it so I wouldn't have to write the same thing twice.

And you're clearly talking a load of crap- you genuinely hought I was fat lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 47
I edited my post. I basically said something similar to the other user and sort of assumed you'd see it so I wouldn't have to write the same thing twice.

Edited after I replied. There is a fine line my lifestyle is no threat to my health. Im extremley fit and workout 6 days a week. Unless I had an injury during trainjng - which would be a relative small cost to NHS as oppossed to keep seeing GP about losing weight, Surgeries etc than im at no cost to the NHS lol. What im saying is being fat and smoking increases the chances of needing to be seen by a Doctor, does it not? Being fat and smoking increase your chances of Heart attack, stroke, Cancer, Parkinsons disease, degenrative bone conditions, soft tissue damage, need I say more? Yes I want smoking banned. Costs us millions every year while thousands mourn at the death of loved ones because of smoking, might understand if you've lost someone cause of it.
Reply 48
But a lot of skinny, non smokers are usually the ones getting cancer...
Original post by jdddd
Edited after I replied. There is a fine line my lifestyle is no threat to my health. Im extremley fit and workout 6 days a week. Unless I had an injury during trainjng - which would be a relative small cost to NHS as oppossed to keep seeing GP about losing weight, Surgeries etc than im at no cost to the NHS lol. What im saying is being fat and smoking increases the chances of needing to be seen by a Doctor, does it not? Being fat and smoking increase your chances of Heart attack, stroke, Cancer, Parkinsons disease, degenrative bone conditions, soft tissue damage, need I say more? Yes I want smoking banned. Costs us millions every year while thousands mourn at the death of loved ones because of smoking, might understand if you've lost someone cause of it.

Would you ban extreme sports and contact sports? (I.e. risk of injury - cost to the nhs)
Reply 50
Would you ban extreme sports and contact sports? (I.e. risk of injury - cost to the nhs)

You're an idiot. Go back to school. Sport still has its benefits and its fun - Smoking/Obesity? What benefits and is it fun? No, does it limit you? Yes, are operations etc more expensive? Yes, is there more of a risk to life? Yes. Bless you. Comparing a Sport to that of Smoking and Obesity < in which most Sports clubs have there own physios etc and the NHS sometimes aren't even involved unless its a break.
Reply 51

And you're clearly talking a load of crap- you genuinely hought I was fat lol

Load of crap you're talking, cant even read either. I did think or say I thougbt you were fat, I asked the question; 'Are you fat?', where does that imply I think you're fat? Weak arguments.
Reply 52
Someone with sense. Be careful, the poster is ignorant and will argue you.
Do you have a smoker friend who you start arguing with each time he sparks a new one? Is it effective? If you don't have any smoker friends would you argue back? Do you think it'll be effective?

Personally I don't think it will. It may do more harm than good in some cases (e.g. fat shaming may lead to comfort eating or the complete opposite - annorexia). We should look to other more productive methods. The sugar tax is a good example imo.

Original post by jdddd
You're an idiot. Go back to school. Sport still has its benefits and its fun - Smoking/Obesity? What benefits and is it fun? No, does it limit you? Yes, are operations etc more expensive? Yes, is there more of a risk to life? Yes. Bless you. Comparing a Sport to that of Smoking and Obesity < in which most Sports clubs have there own physios etc and the NHS sometimes aren't even involved unless its a break.

Smoking is obviously done for recreational reasons and eating junk food tastes good.

Erm some sports have huge risks of injury and can cost a lot to treat. Have you seen MMA?
Reply 54
Smoking is obviously done for recreational reasons and eating junk food tastes good.

Erm some sports have huge risks of injury and can cost a lot to treat. Have you seen MMA?

Well done! Not as much and as big of a problem as Smoking and Obesity jesus christ what is your problem? Must be hard to hard to understand for you. Yes i've trained in boxing. I've never seen someone so seriously injured that would of come to a major cost to the NHS, major injuries from fight related sports are small.
Reply 55

So, because it tastes good you have to eat so much of it it seriously affects your own and others lives? How selfish. Smoking to look cool lol Nice one.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jdddd
Well done! Not as much and as big of a problem as Smoking and Obesity jesus christ what is your problem? Must be hard to hard to understand for you. Yes i've trained in boxing. I've never seen someone so seriously injured that would of come to a major cost to the NHS, major injuries from fight related sports are small.

So the minimum cost to the nhs from a lifestyle choice must be at least as much as the cost of obesity?

Is that what you're saying?
Reply 57
So the minimum cost to the nhs from a lifestyle choice must be at least as much as the cost of obesity?

Is that what you're saying?

No..God bless you😂😂 You're in denial like the OP said about fat women.
Original post by jdddd
No..God bless you😂😂 You're in denial like the OP said about fat women.

Lol. In denial about what? That obesity is a problem?
Reply 59
Lol. In denial about what? That obesity is a problem?

Is that you admitting it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending