The Student Room Group

Failing Life

I'm 18, female, live in the South of England, failed every single GCSE getting nothing at C or above and mostly Us, my only qualifications are functional skills entry level 3 English, maths and animal care.

I've had anxiety and depression since year 9 and missed a lot of school because of it, that caused my bad grades. Once I finished school my mental health got better then started to very worse not long after I started college, after I left it got better, I eventually got a job as a Christmas temp, got a dog walking job, left the Christmas 1 and went back into college and I'm now doing functional skills level 1 English, maths and employability. I have also volunteered in a few animal places.

My mental health isn't getting any better and now I have low iron which makes me feel sick, no energy, tired and I have depression and anxiety because I'm constantly worrying about my future thinking I don't have one.

I can't drive, it upsets me because I probably won't ever be able to afford a car anyway, I don't really have a future because I have 0 decent qualifications, I'm worried I'll always be low paid and in jobs I hate, I want to work with animals full time, preferably become an animal care assistant or veterinary care/nurse assistant but realistically I don't think either will ever happen and there's barely any apprenticeships or jobs with animals in my area.

I feel like a complete failure, what am I supposed to do? Kill myself. Seems like the only option when you have people like my sibling around who have always had top grades, top A levels, a masters degree and a good paid job doing what they want to do, never going to be low paid or unemployed as they're full of luck and never had a hard time in life. I actually hate them for it because I'm never going to have a good life. I'm not confident, don't believe in myself, ugly, have like 2 friends, quiet and short which I'm always having comments made about, I'm pale because of anaemia which I constantly get comments made towards me as well, my family are "concerned" about my future which means they don't believe it will be a good one. What's the actual point?

I see everyone around me enjoying life and going to be successful, it's like the whole world is against me, everyone hates me, I'll never be happy or successful.
Have you gone out to seek any help?
You're a very person. You can achieve everything you want to achieve.

You can retake your GCSEs at a local college.

Figure out what you would like to do and take steps on doing that, you could take an access to higher education course to get to into uni or take an online open university degree of any subject.

Be well prepared, practice, be well organised etc.

Go to your local GP regarding your depression and anxiety which they may refer you to a therapist.

Do things that make you happy, have hobbies etc.

Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by Analyst89

Figure out what you would like to do and take steps on doing that, you could take an access to higher education course to get to into uni or take an online open university degree of any subject.

Go to your local GP regarding your depression and anxiety which they may refer you to a therapist.

Good luck

I'm not exactly smart, I fail terribly at English and maths, I'm not cut out for college, I guess I'll always be low paid and have to accept that, I fail at everything.
please, believe in yourself, i am only 15 but i wish i could reach out to you right now and give you a hug. you are loved, you can do it, i hope your life continues to be amazing xx <3
what about your parents , surely they must be able to help you somehow
Reply 6

Good luck

What makes you think I can achieve anything?
Reply 7
Original post by soundgirl
please, believe in yourself, i am only 15 but i wish i could reach out to you right now and give you a hug. you are loved, you can do it, i hope your life continues to be amazing xx <3

It's not amazing.
Take the advice you've had in the your other two threads.

You need to believe in yourself.

For academics, do things early, be well organised, set goals for every week, do the weekly reading, tick off the topics, test yourself, prepare early, take many mock papers for exams, practice.

You're only young so you can achieve anything if you take the above advice.

GCSE's are not important, you only need maths and english and as you get older they are useless.

Go to your local GP and they may recommend you a therapist.

For the meanwhile, have a few hobbies.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
It's not amazing.

lol I'm just trying to be positive
Take the advice you've had in the your other two threads.

You need to believe in yourself.

For academics, do things early, be well organised, set goals for every week, do the weekly reading, tick off the topics, test yourself, prepare early, take many mock papers for exams, practice.

You're only young so you can achieve anything if you take the above advice.

GCSE's are not important, you only need maths and english and as you get older they are useless.

Go to your local GP and they may recommend you a therapist.

For the meanwhile, have a few hobbies.

I know they won't be relevant in a few years but I really want a better education, I feel like I've ruined my life not getting them because I missed out on a lot without them and even though my friend lands good paying jobs without having Cs in English and maths I'd rather not just jump from job to job in random places with no career path

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending