The Student Room Group

Grieving for exes

my boyfriend and I broke up about five months ago and it still hurts a lot, but I don't let it overwhelm me anymore/don't think about it every minute anymore.
but does anyone else find that as soon as they start dating again, memories of your past relationship swamp you. I have only just started dating again, but with a couple of guys being with them makes me remember all the good times with my ex and it pains me so so much, and my past happiness makes me miserable
Original post by Anonymous
my boyfriend and I broke up about five months ago and it still hurts a lot, but I don't let it overwhelm me anymore/don't think about it every minute anymore.
but does anyone else find that as soon as they start dating again, memories of your past relationship swamp you. I have only just started dating again, but with a couple of guys being with them makes me remember all the good times with my ex and it pains me so so much, and my past happiness makes me miserable

Sounds like you are not ready to enter the dating game yet. You are still living in the past.

It's really not fair on the other parties you now date either, since you are still carrying a lot of emotional baggage from your previous relationship.

Time will heal, but you must give the healing process enough of it before you can devote your full attention to those who may well become emotionally attached to you. Otherwise you run the risk if ruining any relationship you now develop and end up hurting other people in the process.
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah, I would say you're not ready to get into dating yet. Give yourself more time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending