The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Jordan B Peterson - is he the dad you never had?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haviland-Tuf
So it is no surprise the majority of his supporters and indeed those who purchased Jordan's self-help book "12 Rules for Life: An antidote to chaos" are radicalised young men. Is he the father figure that these young men are lacking and is his popularity explained by him filling a void in the minds/hearts of his followers. I've looked at the 12 rules and they're not ground breaking and these rules which he says is a framework for success are basic stuff that any father worth his salt would have taught his children before they leave for university.

The 12 rules are listed below judge for yourself:
1. sort your self out
2. clean your room
3. buckle up
4. recognise that life suffering
5. rescue your father
6. be a hero
7. Take the past and future authoring programs
8. Be humble about what you don't know
9. Give your life meaning
10. tell the truth
11. Don't bother the bad crowd
12. Adjust and adapt

Is he scamming our young men? Are they sheep? Do they have a good relationship with their father's?

no

Why are anti-serotonin drugs so useful for depression, IBS and movement disorders ?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
yes your white male privalidge is being yanked away and it hurts :smile:

You are trading one racism for another, It will not work, you will reap what you have sown
With all due respect, stop playing the victim. Diversity is not racist and it is inclusion at it is best. White men have benefited from positive discrimination for centuries where education was a luxury only afforded to this group and yet denied to so many like women and people of colour so I find your allegation that diversity is bad slightly hypocritical. Look, I understand that you may be threatened because a woman or person of colour may or may not have received your university offer but the cold truth is that you're not competing against women and people of colour but you were not good enough against the other white men who also applied. To put it simply, you didn't make the cut. Move along. No need to be bitter, get better.

You do have a point though about white women disproportionalty benefiting from all diversity initiatives when in reality they were complicit in racist and discriminatory practices of the past.

Never stated diversity was racist, I am stating giving advantages to any skin colour or race is racist, "White men" Like we are some collective I had Nothing to do with the slave trade nor did you, are we now responsible for the actions of our ancestors, better start charging the children of murderers, imprison a bunch of Germans and arrest Millions of People for things they had no say in nor any action in.

Once again I am not talking about diversity, I am talking about race hiring and quotas, this is not something personal as I have not directly experienced this, the BBC has quotas for black and a bunch of other ethnic groups and minorities, Uni's often have weighted positions based on race, In America black people need a lower grade than a white or even Asian people to get into a college, this is not some conspiracy, this is a fact just look it up
Original post by Conceited
Which Universities?

Pretty much any American College (I know I am not American but it is still 100% racism) I will dig out more tomorrow as it is late
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
That's a big claim.
How do you know this?

Read the last few posts I made, you can also just search something along the lines of "GPA for blacks vs Whites"
Original post by AperfectBalance
Read the last few posts I made, you can also just search something along the lines of "GPA for blacks vs Whites"

But wouldn't there be a lot more to it than "Someone hates me for my skin colour".
I'll go read it now.
I dunno how it is in America, but surely only you control your GPA? If it is like an Average GCSE/GCE then I don't see how any one other than you infleunces that.
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
But wouldn't there be a lot more to it than "Someone hates me for my skin colour".
I'll go read it now.
I dunno how it is in America, but surely only you control your GPA? If it is like an Average GCSE/GCE then I don't see how any one other than you infleunces that.

Ok so Imagine I get a 3.0 GPA (national average) and I am looking to apply to quite a few colleges, I would do what I am doing now in the UK and see what unis I can realistically apply to, I might do something simmilar to having a few semi risky choices and a few choices I can easily get.

I get my results back and out of the 5 I chose (I have no clue how many they can chose) and I get, Denied, Possibly,possibly,probably,accepted
If I had done nothing else bar put my ethnicity as black I could have got something along the lines of one possibly and the rest accepted. Obviously you might be thinking that tons of other stuff goes into getting accepted but I even remember a website (that you now need to sign up to) with a checker and it would give you a good estimate of your chance at getting in some of the top colleges and if you put in black instead of white and said the exact same GPA you would get far better results than non blacks, even asians have to get a higher score than white people quite often so that is even more racist.

https://www.insidehighered.com/admissions/article/2017/08/07/look-data-and-arguments-about-asian-americans-and-admissions-elite

The table might have been done in 1997 but it is a good study and if you think of how liberal we are now there are often more oppertunities for blacks, Sometimes even they get a reserved amount of places say 100 out of 1000 have to be given to blacks, meaning that I am fighting for even fewer places, these arguments have been upheld by the supreme court and are abhorrent.

The article even then tries to suggest it is not biased with a bunch of ********, if I have a disadvantage JUST because I am white and he has an advantage because he is black that is racism as plain as it could be.
Pretty much any American College (I know I am not American but it is still 100% racism) I will dig out more tomorrow as it is late

No, it's discrimination. Not racism.
Original post by Conceited
No, it's discrimination. Not racism.

It is both, I am being directly discriminated against due to my skin colour.
So it is no surprise the majority of his supporters and indeed those who purchased Jordan's self-help book "12 Rules for Life: An antidote to chaos" are radicalised young men. Is he the father figure that these young men are lacking and is his popularity explained by him filling a void in the minds/hearts of his followers. I've looked at the 12 rules and they're not ground breaking and these rules which he says is a framework for success are basic stuff that any father worth his salt would have taught his children before they leave for university.

1. sort your self out
2. clean your room
3. buckle up
5. rescue your father
6. be a hero
10. tell the truth
12. Adjust and adapt

Is he scamming our young men? Are they sheep? Do they have a good relationship with their father's?

Did you just make these rules up? Or have you read the book and reworded each one? I doubt one of the chapters of the book is just a simple signpost to his future authoring programme.
no
Original post by ilem
Stupidity is to try the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Your current strategy of prostrating yourself before your feminist overlords clearly hasn't been too sucessful so far.

It's never too late to reclaim your balls mate.

lol...If I can thumb this comment up a million times I would.
(edited 6 years ago)
I 'm currently reading through "The Vagina Monologues". This is a book promoted by feminists as one of their most important. One of its chapters celebrates sexual, paedophilic relationships between adult women and children in graphic detail....The title of the chapter, I s**t you not, is:

"The Little Coochi Snorcher That Could" ....

Feminists become offended by a book written to help men containing trivial advice e.g. cleaning one's room…Yet they follow an ideology who’s books promote the most deplorable things you can imagine…and they celebrate these books, defend, promote and justify their content....This speaks volumes about this hypocritical, shameless cult of man-hating sexists and ignoramuses.
(edited 6 years ago)
And what do you enjoy about his ramblings young man?

he understands the issues young men go through. Also, he destroyed a feminist on tv a few weeks ago
You are trading one racism for another, It will not work, you will reap what you have sown

So you agree gender is a social construct just like race?

Interesting. :beard:

Original post by Angry Bird
he understands the issues young men go through.

But the nuclear family and its gender roles are so lame. What these young men want is so tediouse. It's so conservative and boring. I want to rebel!
(edited 6 years ago)
So you agree gender is a social construct just like race?

Interesting. :beard:

But the nuclear family and its gender roles are so lame.

In what world does my comment even suggest gender is a social construct and Race is factually not a social construct, I am stating that you are trading white on black racism for black on white racism and that both are wrong.
In what world does my comment even suggest gender is a social construct and Race is factually not a social construct, I am stating that you are trading white on black racism for black on white racism and that both are wrong.

You said "another racism" implying my positive gender discrimination is like racism. ??

Race as a social construct has a lot more going for it than the totally discredited thoeries of race biology do.
(edited 6 years ago)
You said "another racism" implying my positive gender discrimination is like racism. ??

Race as a social construct has a lot more going for it than the totally discredited thoeries of race biology do.

My argument has been that Blacks have systematic advantages that whites do not and that trading white racism for black racism is a very bad idea, nothing about gender has been brought up in my argument.

"Totally discredited" more like that argument is totally laughable, Races have clear differences in many different biological areas, Races have differentbiological features.
Reply 78

1. sort your self out
2. clean your room
3. buckle up
5. rescue your father
6. be a hero
10. tell the truth
12. Adjust and adapt

He's not alt-right, and those aren't the rules (unless you're paraphrasing really badly).
Have you read the book?

RULE 1 / Stand up straight with your shoulders back
RULE 2 / Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
RULE 3 / Make friends with people who want the best for you
RULE 4 / Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
RULE 5 / Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
RULE 6 / Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
RULE 7 / Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
RULE 8 / Tell the truth—or, at least, don’t lie
RULE 9 / Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
RULE 10 / Be precise in your speech
RULE 11 / Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
RULE 12 / Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
Original post by robbiecee2
He's not alt-right, and those aren't the rules (unless you're paraphrasing really badly).
Have you read the book?

RULE 1 / Stand up straight with your shoulders back
RULE 2 / Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
RULE 3 / Make friends with people who want the best for you
RULE 4 / Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
RULE 5 / Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
RULE 6 / Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
RULE 7 / Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
RULE 8 / Tell the truth—or, at least, don’t lie
RULE 9 / Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
RULE 10 / Be precise in your speech
RULE 11 / Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
RULE 12 / Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street

No I haven't read the whole book. My friend put a picture of it on their facebook and I decided to call him out on it and I humiliated him. I don't need to read his book to know what the book is about. It is essentially a manual for men who are finding it hard to grow up. There is a masculinity crisis happening right now my friend and we (society as a whole) are in dire need of more suitable and well-adjusted ADULT males.

Latest

Trending

Trending