The Student Room Group

Do boys find girls more attractive with or without makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Like everything else in life (alcohol, sleeping, food) it's fine in moderation.
Original post by Anonymous

Definitely without

Neither. More attracted to personalities.
First of all: the definition of "compliment" (as said by Google) is: a polite expression of praise or admiration.

Saying "u thicc, whats ur snap?" is just being stupid and not a compliment and you know it, that's why I specifically used the word compliment, and I'm sure you know what I mean by that (but I'll explain to you what a real compliment is, since you clearly don't know what the word actually means) e.g. "Hey, you look pretty" and saying that in person is what I meant, not online messaging (sorry if I did not clarify this). Nevertheless, you already attested that you would reply "true" or "I know" to them, which makes you very arrogant.

If someone says "no thank you? Feminist b*tch etc etc" that just means they're out for their own approval and being extremely arrogant, and you should probably just avoid them seeing as they're just an all-round a-hole and you're better than them. But the real question is, who the hell opens a door for two whole minutes? You should stop twisting example situations to such far-fetched examples because, in reality, that is extremely unlikely to happen, and twisting said examples into such improbable circumstances just to back your argument is pointless.

You literally said that I should get checked out for a personality disorder as an insult. Pot, kettle, black.

Are you for real? These guys clearly think they’re giving a compliment when they’re making these comments.This entire thing has been about unasked for opinions on appearance, i wasn’t talking about my gran saying my hair looks nice.

An actual kind compliment I would treat with kindness. Don’t distort what I said as if I was talking about people being kind. Whatever I wrote that made you think I was talking about a genuine nice person giving me a compliment, instead of my many examples of β€œun asked for opinions on my appearance”, you should probably take another look at. Context is a powerful tool.
I hate makeup... for me its a waste of time, I would prefer playing video games or something useful... but I don't hate on the girls that love makeup cause I don't care as long it's not on me. It also feels so weird especially that skin colour cream that u put all over your face.
It's always funny to see people so scared of their own opinions that they anonymise themselves...
Original post by howitoughttobe
Typical feminist rant based on what they believe happens rather than what actually happens because it fits their agenda. This is getting old now.

And you are reminiscent of the typical 60 year old man complaining about "PEE CEE GONE MAD" etc.
What she said is largely true. Society puts a huge amount of importance on looks (especially for women) even if it cannot collectively admit it. That is because most people are undeveloped personalities (in reference to Jung).
Anyone with any sort of insight into society would realise this as well. Deep down, society is malevolent.
Original post by yesmynameis
lol you refer to pretty girls as 'we'. who told you that you were beautiful? Im not trying to be rude or anything i just want to know where you got your confidence from bc your girl over here needs some

There's nothing wrong with claiming that you are pretty. If anything, the confidence is a good thing.
Original post by cat_mac
Don’t want to derail the thread into a feminism debate, but mostly because it’s disorganised. Everyone has their own beliefs of what β€œfeminism” is, there’s no real structure to what they believe. Some feminists hate all men, some want women to be above men, some want everyone to be equal, and they all shout β€œfake feminist” at each other from behind their computers. I don’t feel inclined to get involved in something so problematic. :dontknow:

Speaking my mind.
Original post by ugaaa5
And you are reminiscent of the typical 60 year old man complaining about "PEE CEE GONE MAD" etc.
What she said is largely true. Society puts a huge amount of importance on looks (especially for women) even if it cannot collectively admit it. That is because most people are undeveloped personalities (in reference to Jung).
Anyone with any sort of insight into society would realise this as well. Deep down, society is malevolent.

I am neither 60, nor male. Nice try though. Society does put importance on looks but it applies to men and women and her whole thing about people only saying girls are cute was bs.
I am neither 60, nor male. Nice try though. Society does put importance on looks but it applies to men and women and her whole thing about people only saying girls are cute was bs.

reminiscent: tending to remind one of something.
Original post by ugaaa5
reminiscent: tending to remind one of something.

I know I was just clarifying. Clearly that was difficult for you to comprehend. Along with the rest of my point.
I know I was just clarifying. Clearly that was difficult for you to comprehend. Along with the rest of my point.

Ad hominem.
Original post by justanotherchica
Most of the guys saying girls without makeup look better, they're talking about women who are generally 8 or 9s out of ten, whilst a lot of girls who wear makeup often are 6 or 7s without makeup. If you take your makeup off, these guys won't even look at you so either way we can't win because with makeup we're "caked", without makeup we're "ugly".

Well, I don't personally think that anyone should place ratings on eachother like that. We're humans and therefore do not deserve to be treated as pieces of meat. There's more to us than physicality.
Original post by ugaaa5
Ad hominem.

Nope. Just stating fact.
Original post by Zxyn
Nothing like some good ol’ attitude! Take what they said as a compliment, some guys are just easily intimidated, better to scare them off than attract them

I think most are to be honest.
Original post by cat_mac
So i’m a narcissist if I don’t hate myself, got it.

I’m not going to timidly thank someone and blush and look away because some random thinks messaging me on ig saying β€œgurl your so hot” is somehow giving me a gift.
β€œBe kind if someone is kind back”? I don’t consider guys seeing a picture of me and sliding in dms with β€œu thicc, whats ur snap?” as being β€œkind”or common courtesy.

It’s like being at the opposite end of a long corridor and there’s someone standing at the end holding a door, two minute walk in awkward silence and you give him an uncomfortable smile as you walk through the door and he goes β€œno thank you? Feminist b*tch I was just being nice” like, nah. I didn’t ask you to hold the door for me.

Don't you ever cringe at those sorts of messages?
No makeup at all is prettiest
Original post by XchickenX
May I ask why you girls value appearance so much?

For me, I feel better and more confident on days I've spent more time on myself. I don't feel bad when I don't but I prefer it when I look good. Also, my appearance is the first thing about me people notice before I speak to them, it says lots about you.

Can I just say girls that wear loads of make up when they dont wear makeup you generally think who tf is that and they are normally quite ugly.

Quick Reply

Latest