The Student Room Group

Have you ever met someone really similar to yourself?

Just like the title - have you ever met someone who is really similar to you?

I believe I've recently become friends with a colleague who is scarily similar to me. Apart from the age gap, we have really similar views in education, religion, sex, science, philosophy, politics, television, etc. I feel like watching his actions is almost like looking in the mirror which is awesome and also really disturbing!

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I regularly see him when I look at the mirror.

haha, i'm so funny.
Original post by Sufyaan65
Yeah, I regularly see him when I look at the mirror.

haha, i'm so funny.

xD feeling **** and that cheered me up tbh
Reply 3
No, not really.
I had a friend whose only difference was that she was a dancer and I wasn’t. It was sometimes kind of annoying xD
Yeah, I know what you mean - I met a girl during my A Levels who had the exact, identical thoughts as me on so many different things: games, food, education and the rest that you listed, and probably more! It’s truly strange - and from experience I was incredibly weirded out at first but I must agree - getting to know them is truly awesome and thrilling!Though trust me, you’ll later come to appreciate the subtle differences you have between him and yourself, your views on favourite bands, perhaps a different taste in music or art, sports etc. It was these small factors that led me to get engaged with this girl and soon to be married!
Original post by clucky_chick

I believe I've recently become friends with a colleague who is scarily similar to me. Apart from the age gap, we have really similar views in education, religion, sex, science, philosophy, politics, television, etc. I feel like watching his actions is almost like looking in the mirror which is awesome and also really disturbing!

What do you think?

Not irl, but i'm chatting to a girl who lives in India atm, our personalities seem identical, we both wanna be a software engineer and we are the same age. She's like the female version of me haha.

What do you think?

yeah
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Yess!! It was so weird, and it was even more weird because we connected so well that when I found out other stuff about them I hadn’t thought about for myself, I felt like I was discovering more of myself… almost fell in love with them, does that make me a narcissist?
Reply 9

What do you think?

Well I met someone who is like the ego manifestation of me. Like he's on my wavelength of all my superficial concerns such as insecurities, looks etc.

But no, never met anyone similar to me in terms of values, humour, interests tbh
Original post by Ryanthom100
Not irl, but i'm chatting to a girl who lives in India atm, our personalities seem identical, we both wanna be a software engineer and we are the same age. She's like the female version of me haha.

Are you sure she is actually a girl this time?
No and I don't think I'd like to
Yes, a next door neighbour who moved in about four months after I did, and he felt more like my brother than my real brother. I've not seen him since June the year before last year though. :moon:
Yes, a next door neighbour who moved in about four months after I did, and he felt more like my brother than my real brother. I've not seen him since June the year before last year though. :moon:
Generally have something in common with my friends, otherwise we wouldn't be friends lel.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Are you sure she is actually a girl this time?

yeah I'm sure lol
Original post by Blitzen123
Yeah, I know what you mean - I met a girl during my A Levels who had the exact, identical thoughts as me on so many different things: games, food, education and the rest that you listed, and probably more! It’s truly strange - and from experience I was incredibly weirded out at first but I must agree - getting to know them is truly awesome and thrilling!Though trust me, you’ll later come to appreciate the subtle differences you have between him and yourself, your views on favourite bands, perhaps a different taste in music or art, sports etc. It was these small factors that led me to get engaged with this girl and soon to be married!

Aw wow! I'm really happy for you two. Yeah I agree that subtle differences are always appreciated! Like I'm interested in health and he's interested in forensics. But I do find that sometimes we're too similar and therefore we clash at times.

Wishing you all the best! :smile:
Original post by Ryanthom100

Aw, that sounds pretty awesome! :smile:
Aw, that sounds pretty awesome! :smile:

yeah it is haha, just ashame she lives all the way in India
Original post by galingo
yeah it was a really weird experience i met someone exactly like me we connected on such a different level. the thing is shes a girl and because we connect so well i would want to ruin the connection if i tried anything

btw ur username sounds familiar to me idk why...like a distant name or something.

Yeah, I understand that. The guy that I've connected with his married and I respect that. He's a bit older than me but we still have similar values and interests. I feel even if he wasn't married it wouldn't work anyway as often when we spend a lot of time together on shift we get frustrated by each other and we do clash.

And dunno about the username haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending