The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni of Bath vs National Uni of Singapore

As the title suggests. Which is a better choice?
Reply 1
Original post by Emsterdamz

Depends, whether you want to be educated in a different country? Fees? Are they different courses? How far you from family? Also, which accomodation is affordable for you?

:smile: hope that helps
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by MKaur18
Depends, whether you want to be educated in a different country? Fees? Are they different courses? How far you from family? Also, which accomodation is affordable for you?

:smile: hope that helps

I'm from Singapore, so Bath would be another country. And they are both the same course. Accomodation wise is not a problem. And I want to get an overseas experience but in terms of prestige, NUS is better. So idk
Reply 3
I'm from Singapore, so Bath would be another country. And they are both the same course. Accomodation wise is not a problem. And I want to get an overseas experience but in terms of prestige, NUS is better. So idk

Bath is a really good university over here. It's expensive to study here as an international student. But, it is a good experience. If you can afford to move to another country, then it's upto you.

Hey!

I'm on the Management course at Bath so hopefully I can give you a bit more info about what it's like to study here!

I think it can be good to narrow your choices based on the reputation of the university, but there are lots of other things to consider as well. I really like Bath because it's a campus university, so you're always bumping into people you know and there's just a really friendly feel here. I would recommend having a look at the societies and sports on offer because everyone will graduate with a degree, often it's the extra things you've done that make you stand out to employers but, more importantly, make university more enjoyable.

Having said that, you are choosing to study something for 3/4 years, maybe more, so you want to make sure the course at Bath or NUS is right for you. When you're comparing the courses, I would recommend thinking about which university offers modules that interest you more. My course involves a lot of group work which I personally enjoy because you get to know lots of people on the course.

One of the main reasons people choose Bath is for the placement year. There are lots of opportunities for all of the courses and it can be really good to have a years work experience before you've even graduated. Depending on your course there will be different opportunities, but for Management, students in the past have been to Disney, Loreal, Dyson, Microsoft, Unilever, Morgan Stanley, BNY Mellon, Slimfast etc.

There's a large international community at Bath and, in my experience, friendship groups are very mixed meaning people don't just stick with people from their home country which is something I really like. You get quite an international experience studying here without having to go to all the different continents!

In terms of getting around the UK from Bath, London is 1.5 hours away on the train and Bristol is only 20 minutes so it's actually better connected to cities than I anticipated. I really like living in Bath, it is quite a small city but I find it works for me!

Hope this gives you a bit more of an insight, feel free to quote me with any more questions!

Good luck with your decision and exams!

Alice
2nd Year Management

Quick Reply