The Student Room Group

Help, I'm not learning

Hello my name is Harrison.

I would like to ask for your opinion

Im in a GCSE Business studies class and I am the only one who listens and achieves a good grade. There is only one class and i'm not learning accordingly.

what should I do?
Original post by Harrison_P

Im in a GCSE Business studies class and I am the only one who listens and achieves a good grade. There is only one class and i'm not learning accordingly.

what should I do?

Your statement contradicts itself. You mean you are the only one who listens, but still dont achieve a good grade?

Get a revision book - make good notes- start practising question- use mark schemes and id where you lost marks.
hello harrison

what should I do?

A difficult situation.

There are probably other students like you who would like to learn but cannot.

You should mention it to the Head of Department and see whether they can do anything
At the same time you should take responsibility for your own progress using revision guides, past papers and textbooks.

Good luck! :smile:
Definitely practising questions is a nice strategy to try. There are webpages online with hundreds of questions. If you google GCSE Free Learning, you`ll find a few good options - most are paid, but some are not!
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Your statement contradicts itself. You mean you are the only one who listens, but still dont achieve a good grade?

Get a revision book - make good notes- start practising question- use mark schemes and id where you lost marks.

Hi thanks for your reply. I understand your confusion, but I do try to listen and I get good grades, but my class are very distracting
Hi thanks for your reply. I understand your confusion, but I do try to listen and I get good grades, but my class are very distracting

Just talk to the teacher.
Make sure you have.
1. Get all your work done.
2. Possibly pre prepare with extra questions.
3. learn to keep them as background noise.

You need to get the most out of your teacher.
You dont need a war with the rest of the class.
Preparing in advance means the lesson becomes less important and you dont have to focus as much. You ca then use it to ask questions which you have thought of and are beyond the basics. That would be my strategy. the only thing you wnat to know is how to get the missing marks.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Just talk to the teacher.
Make sure you have.
1. Get all your work done.
2. Possibly pre prepare with extra questions.
3. learn to keep them as background noise.

You need to get the most out of your teacher.
You dont need a war with the rest of the class.
Preparing in advance means the lesson becomes less important and you dont have to focus as much. You ca then use it to ask questions which you have thought of and are beyond the basics. That would be my strategy. the only thing you wnat to know is how to get the missing marks.

thank you so much for the advice. I will test and see if to works.

Quick Reply

Latest